Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2017 11:42:08 AM EDT
https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/undefined/pennsylvania031117pdf/download[url=https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs
While looking through lists of unclaimed property held by the ATF, I found that the Philadelphia branch has two suppressors entered into their possession 1/21/17. After 30 days unclaimed, they become government property.  

Silencerco Osprey .45, s/n: osp45-23856 with box.
Silencerco Omega .300 s/n: omg-0019 with box.
Case # 766030-17-0045

I did send a general email to Silencerco suggesting that they check to see if those items are still company property.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Good lookin' out. Hope the owner is found quickly
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Amazing that the ATF that forces folks to track and register NFA items using the serial numbers can't figure this out.

What's the f*cking point of the NFA registry if it isn't effective?

Can't or won't. Lemme guess.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty low serial number for the Omega?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the 30 day limit is the scary part.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amazing that the ATF that forces folks to track and register NFA items using the serial numbers can't figure this out.

View Quote

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think the 30 day limit is the scary part.
View Quote

Wednesday by lunchtime those cans could be re-registered on a form 10. Wonder how long their wait time for approval will be
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone should file a FOIA request for all NFA paperwork related to those serial numbers...
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried to cross post this on another forum that is more specialized to suppressors, but couldn't remember my handle in order to log in.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#9]
You should take a peek over at Forfeiture.gov every now and then......saw a Maxim suppressor on a Colt Woodsman show up a while back......
https://www.forfeiture.gov/pdf/ATF/OfficialNotification.pdf
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

x 1000.  This is the world we live in today.  Probably don't want to pay someone the time it takes to look up the paperwork and find out the owner.  Probably say to each other "Why does this stuff even get filed as actual paper?!  Don't they know we have the internet and electronic documentation?!"  The level of stupidity on the part of the .gov is atrocious at all levels...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top