Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 11:38:38 AM EDT
Looking to buy a .22 suppressor.  Will be going back and forth between a Savage bolt action and a dedicated .22 AR.  Possibly a .22 pistol in the future.  Some I am looking at are the AAC Element 2, AAC Aviator 2, YHM Stinger, amd Tactical Solutions Ascent.  Will be buying from SilencerShop.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the specte II.  Like it alot.  I have a warloc coming as a free suppressor from another purchase.  And I have the thunder beast takedown.   I'm betting the takedown will be the one but have not shot it yet.  I've been happy with the spectre II though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Most people will tell you to get the SiCo specter 2, the dead air mask 22 or the oculus. I have a few YHM cans and they are great, but the stinger is not a good do all can. Personally I would buy a mask 22. I love mine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Just saw Silencershop has the oculus in stock. I want one badly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just saw Silencershop has the oculus in stock. I want one badly.
View Quote

Hadn't seen that one.  Because after July last year, I've been ignoring new products.  Avoid temptation sort of thing.   I'd go that route If I had a do over
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most people will tell you to get the SiCo specter 2, the dead air mask 22 or the oculus. I have a few YHM cans and they are great, but the stinger is not a good do all can. Personally I would buy a mask 22. I love mine.
View Quote

Silencer Shop doesn't carry SiCo or the Mask.  The oculus looks good, but is slightly out of my price range.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's step back from brands for a minute. Are you looking for:

1) something that's lightweight (Al or Ti baffles) or something that is more durable (SS baffles)?
2) something with multiple cleaning options?
3) something that works well with pistols and rifles or do you favor a pistol host?
4) something with QD attachment or is thread-on fine?
5) something for 22lr only or do you want 22mag, 5.7, etc?
6) full auto?
7) is price a concern?
8) does it have to come from Silencer Shop or are you open to other dealers?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Silencer Shop doesn't carry SiCo or the Mask.  The oculus looks good, but is slightly out of my price range.
View Quote

can understand budget.  As far as a purchase, look at it long term and get what you need to accomplish what you want.   If you have to wait a bit, the extra money will be forgotten when you pull the trigger the first time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Let's step back from brands for a minute. Are you looking for:

1) something that's lightweight (Al or Ti baffles) or something that is more durable (SS baffles)?
2) something with multiple cleaning options?
3) something that works well with pistols and rifles or do you favor a pistol host?
4) something with QD attachment or is thread-on fine?
5) something for 22lr only or do you want 22mag, 5.7, etc?
6) full auto?
7) is price a concern?
8) does it have to come from Silencer Shop or are you open to other dealers?
View Quote

Would like something that is more durable and easier to clean.  Direct thread is fine and it would be used on rifles currently.  I don't have any plans to shoot anything other than .22lr and no full auto.  The maximum I would spend is $600 including the tax stamp, but I would like to keep it below that.  I am sticking with Silencer Shop because it is easier and I have purchased from them before.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're interested in the Oculus, talk to you're Powered By dealer and see if they can do anything about the price. My Powered By dealer has it priced so that it's below your $600 ceiling with tax stamp.

Even if they don't move on price, the extra $34 is worth it to get what you want.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]
NFA items are not something to cheap out on, wait and save your money for the one you really want. I have an SWR Spectre II and Warlock II. Both are great but I will probably be looking to get an Oculus soon as I see it as a modular update to the Spectre II. Knowing what I know now it would be my first .22 can if I didn't already have two.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Go with the AAC Element 2.

Low FRP, easy to clean.

You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I am looking for a rimfire can also. I have narrowed it down to a Q El Camino or a Tac Sol Axiom. Both of those should squeeze into your price range. I like the features of both. They both seem to break down easy to clean. Both seem to get favorable reviews, although the El Camino is pretty new so there isn't a ton out there on it yet.

ETA: said ascent, meant axiom
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am looking for a rimfire can also. I have narrowed it down to a Q El Camino or a Tac Sol Axiom. Both of those should squeeze into your price range. I like the features of both. They both seem to break down easy to clean. Both seem to get favorable reviews, although the El Camino is pretty new so there isn't a ton out there on it yet.

ETA: said ascent, meant axiom
View Quote

In my opinion, go with the El Camino. I haven't shot the Axiom, but I have tried the Ascent which has the same core design. The FRP on the Ascent was quite a bit louder than I anticipated. Otherwise, it was nice and easy to clean.

The El Camino is one of the quietest cans on the market right now, has little FRP, and it's light. It just happens to be a little long.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you're interested in the Oculus, talk to you're Powered By dealer and see if they can do anything about the price. My Powered By dealer has it priced so that it's below your $600 ceiling with tax stamp.

Even if they don't move on price, the extra $34 is worth it to get what you want.
View Quote

Absolutely do this. A lot of Powered By dealers don't adjust their prices from the default and those that do may still have some wiggle room.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In my opinion, go with the El Camino. I haven't shot the Axiom, but I have tried the Ascent which has the same core design. The FRP on the Ascent was quite a bit louder than I anticipated. Otherwise, it was nice and easy to clean.

The El Camino is one of the quietest cans on the market right now, has little FRP, and it's light. It just happens to be a little long.
View Quote

I think there are several that are comparable sound wise. I looked really hard at the Griffin checkmate. They are only offering it with their mini 3 lug now, and I would prefer direct thread so I don't have to buy a special adaptor every time I want to stick it on something new. The direct thread endcap is another $40, which puts the total price in line with the Tac sol, but both the Tac sol and Q offerings have Ti tubes, while the checkmate is Al. At a $250 price point I'm fine with Al construction, but over about $350-$360 I feel like I should be getting premium materials throughout.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#17]
You forgot the CGS HYDRA-SS another great suppressor and very,very quiet model with low FRP.

Seriously, there are several really nice rimfire suppressors made right now. The last year I've mainly used my Mask, Element II, Spectre II and GM-22 models. All sound great just different packages and features. It pistol was your number one use I have to say the lighter weight and shorter length models I tend to favor for pistol use. The Element II is my favorite pistol can it's short, lite and quiet features I perfer for pistol use.

Rifles, most all decent suppressors have low to zero FRP on rifles and sound great. Fact is rifles with  16" barrels just suppress easier stretching out the gases. Also weight doesn't seem to bother me has much on a rifle for some  reason.

Really , don't overthink it there's several really nice models instock that will thrill you come stamp time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#18]
If I was wanting to keep the price under $400 and limited to what SS has in stock, I would be debating between the AAC Element II and the TacSol Axiom.

I really like the Element and almost went with it for my first 22 can (went with the MaskHD instead) and from what I can tell, the only downside to it is, it may be a bit harder to take apart if you let it get real dirty. The Axiom won't have that problem but it's longer and heavier so its not ideal for pistol use. For me it would come down to what I expect to use it for the most for? If this is going to be primarily used on a rifle(s), I would go with the Axiom for easier maintenance and deal with it's added size/weight when mounted on a pistol. If I was mainly shooting pistols (or 50/50 of each), I would go with the Element for it's smaller size and weight, no FRP and deal with the slightly harder maintenance.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Thinking about going with the YHM Stinger.  Seems like a good price point for the materials used.  A little on the heavy side for a .22 suppressor, but it will primarily be on a rifle anyway.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I have the Spectre II and I would buy the Oculus over all else.  Do NOT get a monocore.  Just get a pin tumbler and some DOT 5 silicone and that is all you need to clean the Oculus baffle design.  Besides that, Rugged is a company that cares about you.  SiCo has gone a bit far to be a corporation and I don't get the same feeling I do now as when I bought my SWR-marked Octane and Spectre II suppressors.

The Oculus will have one use when I get it... for my Beretta 21.  Sure, I'll use it on other guns... who am I kidding.  Probably not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UON-kRTo4U4

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:54:54 AM EDT
[#21]
You may want to Re-Read This Thread I made.

The consensus back then was the Dead Air Mask suppressors...None of which were in stock for me.  As you're going to work with SilencerCo directly I can say you may want the Dead Air to your selection of Possibles.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:I have the Spectre II and I would buy the Oculus over all else.  Do NOT get a monocore.  Just get a pin tumbler and some DOT 5 silicone and that is all you need to clean the Oculus baffle design.  Besides that, Rugged is a company that cares about you.  SiCo has gone a bit far to be a corporation and I don't get the same feeling I do now as when I bought my SWR-marked Octane and Spectre II suppressors.
View Quote

Sincere question...

What facts and first hand experiences do you have that lead you to believe that Rugged is a company that cares about you more than SiCo (other than perhaps trying to figure out what SiCo is doing with their marketing funds LOL)?

I own both of their products (SiCo and Rugged, purchased within the last two years) and I got the feeling that both companies wanted to take care of me (and ironically enough, the ONLY can I had to send back to a manufacturer becuase of legitimate defect that had to be repaired on a can brand new out of the box wasn't either of these two, but from another more popular up and rising can company, which was taken care of great by the way as well).  I believe it wasn't too long ago that a member here had his can accidently shot and damaged, and SiCo took care of it (I do believe that SiCo has set the bar for other can manufacturers to take care of the customer, which benifits all of us as a consumer IMO).

As for your comment on the monocore design, I would never make a blanket statement like that as I find it misleading.  Each can IMO has it's strengths and weaknesses due to it's design and build material.  Would a monocore be my ONLY dedicated .22 can?  No.  However, the monocore can I do own is more quiet than a Mask IMO on a rifle, and it's actually one of the easiest to clean IMO when done after shooting.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I read a lot about SiCo poor customer service that said I've had nothing, but great experiences with them so far myself. Just guessing but SiCo has huge sales numbers it would make since that we should see more complaints based on that alone vs brand B who doesn't have near the sales total. It's just basic math  percentages.

On the mono-core rimfire suppressors  I avoided them for years because of FRP on pistols. Never jumped on the Sparrow band wagon even when it was the hotest thing going. Now that I have many rimfire suppressors I tend to buy more specialized models and picked up a GM-22 for use on ultra lite-rifle setups since it was only 2.5oz and very quiet metered on rifles.

The GM-22 tends to be the suppressor I grab the most here lately it has awesome tone and DB reduction wise on my rifle with sort of a dull low pitch sound when shot. I really like the tone overal. On a pistol I've found alittle gel/water/grease wipes out any FRP and it sounds great on my suppressed pistol rigs. I would never guess I would like the Gm-22 as much as I do even owning most of the top end performing models like Spectre II, Mask, Element II etc etc. I ordered a Gemtech Mist because I like the mono-core design and tone of the GM-22.

Like you stated every design has strengths and weakness I like the fact the mono cores take apart so easy to inspect/ clean and the  low tone many of them produce on rifle setups.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#24]
If you go with Tacsol, get the Axiom over the ascent. If I'm not mistaken, the ascent baffles are aluminum which places limits on cleaning method options. Also, the Axiom is rated up to 5.7 and 17 wsm which the ascent is not. As much as I love my masks, I really love my axiom.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Need to checkout Hanson Brothers deal on TBAC Takedown!!  Hell of a deal!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
a

That is a really great price.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
a

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
a

Its a great price, but as always, watch your transfer fees. My Powered By dealer's price is less than what the sale price is once you tack on transfer fees.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sincere question...

What facts and first hand experiences do you have that lead you to believe that Rugged is a company that cares about you more than SiCo (other than perhaps trying to figure out what SiCo is doing with their marketing funds LOL)?

I own both of their products (SiCo and Rugged, purchased within the last two years) and I got the feeling that both companies wanted to take care of me (and ironically enough, the ONLY can I had to send back to a manufacturer becuase of legitimate defect that had to be repaired on a can brand new out of the box wasn't either of these two, but from another more popular up and rising can company, which was taken care of great by the way as well).  I believe it wasn't too long ago that a member here had his can accidently shot and damaged, and SiCo took care of it (I do believe that SiCo has set the bar for other can manufacturers to take care of the customer, which benifits all of us as a consumer IMO).

As for your comment on the monocore design, I would never make a blanket statement like that as I find it misleading.  Each can IMO has it's strengths and weaknesses due to it's design and build material.  Would a monocore be my ONLY dedicated .22 can?  No.  However, the monocore can I do own is more quiet than a Mask IMO on a rifle, and it's actually one of the easiest to clean IMO when done after shooting.
View Quote

Sincere answer on SiCo:
1) SilencerCo is not the original name of the company that is now known as SilencerCo.  Originally, it was SWR and my two 'SilencerCo' cans are both marked SWR.
2) I do not get the impression that SilencerCo does not want to take care of me.  I do not lie the fact that they fired the people that I feel made them great, one of which was Henry Graham.
3) Henry started Rugged with the same business model and in the short time since its founding, has made a few innovative waves
4) The Oculus is a superior design in several ways, not the least of which is modularity but also keyed baffles hat line up with the endcap for repeatability
5) I favor the little guy and the new company  SWR (SiCo) got my business over AAC or Gemtech because they were more in touch with their customers.
6) SiCo is based in Utah, which is nice, but Rugged is a Carolina company. I prefer to buy as local as possible and in my neck of the woods, that means Rugged. or Liberty.  Used to mean SWR, but, yeah.

As for Monocores, I do not see any advantages.  You might think they are easier to clean, but I disagree wholeheartedly.  You might have a different definition of clean than I do.  If 'clean' means knocking the chunks off, then you got me.  The monocore is going to be easier.  If 'clean' means zero deposits of any kind, then a baffle can like the Spectre II or Oculus is the better way to go.  As for which is quieter, I can't tell the difference.  FRP is different, but I'm not a decibel snob.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sincere answer on SiCo:
1) SilencerCo is not the original name of the company that is now known as SilencerCo.  Originally, it was SWR and my two 'SilencerCo' cans are both marked SWR.
View Quote

SilencerCo was started in 2008. They acquired SWR in August of 2011.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
SilencerCo was started in 2008. They acquired SWR in August of 2011.
View Quote

That's a bit disingenuous.  IIRC, all SiCo produced was the Sparrow.  The entirety of the SWR line was bought including the Octane, Warlock, Spectre, and Specwar.  You're really playing semantics to say that SWR did not develop the lions share of what SilencerCo was in September of 2011.  You're also pretty specific about those dates as if you've looked them up... forcing me to look it up.  For most intents and purposes, SWR became SiCo.  SWR designed everything SiCo was at that time except the Sparrow.  It was a much better known name.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's a bit disingenuous.  IIRC, all SiCo produced was the Sparrow.  The entirety of the SWR line was bought including the Octane, Warlock, Spectre, and Specwar.  You're really playing semantics to say that SWR did not develop the lions share of what SilencerCo was in September of 2011.  You're also pretty specific about those dates as if you've looked them up... forcing me to look it up.  For most intents and purposes, SWR became SiCo.  SWR designed everything SiCo was at that time except the Sparrow.  It was a much better known name.
View Quote

SilencerCo started out with the Sparrow, Osprey and Saker. The acquisition of SWR brought them the suppressors you listed above. 

ETA: Also Mike Pappas was there doing R&D before Henry was brought/bought on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
SilencerCo started out with the Sparrow, Osprey and Saker. The acquisition of SWR brought them the suppressors you listed above.
View Quote

I remember it differently.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:31:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Go with the AAC Element 2.

Low FRP, easy to clean.

You won't be disappointed.
View Quote
The Element II is the best of your choices. Despite what many say, it is easy to disassemble and clean. Love mine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sincere answer on SiCo:
2) I do not get the impression that SilencerCo does not want to take care of me.  I do not lie the fact that they fired the people that I feel made them great, one of which was Henry Graham.
3) Henry started Rugged with the same business model and in the short time since its founding, has made a few innovative waves
4) The Oculus is a superior design in several ways, not the least of which is modularity but also keyed baffles hat line up with the endcap for repeatability
5) I favor the little guy and the new company  SWR (SiCo) got my business over AAC or Gemtech because they were more in touch with their customers.
6) SiCo is based in Utah, which is nice, but Rugged is a Carolina company. I prefer to buy as local as possible and in my neck of the woods, that means Rugged. or Liberty.  Used to mean SWR, but, yeah.

As for Monocores, I do not see any advantages.  You might think they are easier to clean, but I disagree wholeheartedly.  You might have a different definition of clean than I do.  If 'clean' means knocking the chunks off, then you got me.  The monocore is going to be easier.  If 'clean' means zero deposits of any kind, then a baffle can like the Spectre II or Oculus is the better way to go.  As for which is quieter, I can't tell the difference.  FRP is different, but I'm not a decibel snob.
View Quote

Long story short, you're ticked because they let Henry Graham go and you like a south carolina based company over a Utah company.  I get it.  However, there is NOTHING in what you stated that gives facts to people about how one company wants to treat their customers any better than another company (unless Mr. Graham was also the customer service rep who took care of everyones warranty issues).  Basically your opinion trying to sell Rugged over Silencerco.  I personally don't care which manufacturer people buy from between the two (Silencerco or Rugged) because I think they both make a good product and will stand behind their work.  The same can be said for a multitude of other can manufacturers as well IMO.

As far as monocore and cleaning, for myself the can doesn't have to be spotless.  I believe some people will make a claim that a "little dirty" can is quieter than a spotless clean can anyways.  I just find it amusing per your blanket statement.  The short time I've been into cans I've already come to the conclusion that there is no "one can does all" and as previously stated, each design has some features and benifits over other different designs.  I do remember some other people on this forum claiming they liked their Gemtech GM-22 can over other designs for rimfire that they also own, so I can't be the only one of that opinion.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Long story short, you're ticked because they let Henry Graham go and you like a south carolina based company over a Utah company.  I get it.  However, there is NOTHING in what you stated that gives facts to people about how one company wants to treat their customers any better than another company (unless Mr. Graham was also the customer service rep who took care of everyones warranty issues).  Basically your opinion trying to sell Rugged over Silencerco.  I personally don't care which manufacturer people buy from between the two (Silencerco or Rugged) because I think they both make a good product and will stand behind their work.  The same can be said for a multitude of other can manufacturers as well IMO.

As far as monocore and cleaning, for myself the can doesn't have to be spotless.  I believe some people will make a claim that a "little dirty" can is quieter than a spotless clean can anyways.  I just find it amusing per your blanket statement.  The short time I've been into cans I've already come to the conclusion that there is no "one can does all" and as previously stated, each design has some features and benifits over other different designs.  I do remember some other people on this forum claiming they liked their Gemtech GM-22 can over other designs for rimfire that they also own, so I can't be the only one of that opinion.
View Quote

OP did state he wanted a "First .22 Suppressor." and I don't believe a monocore is a good first can.  The Oculus is a modular can that gives him flexibility that a monocore (by definition) cannot.  As for SiCo, I do not believe you are properly characterizing what I said.  I am clarifying based on your post.  I meant, and I think I said, that SiCo is getting to Corporate for me.  Yes, I have a man-crush on both Henry and Mike and part of that anti-corporate sentiment comes in the way they dealt with both of them in favor of Waldren and from Freedom Group.  I am not big on a company that makes political, corporate decisions rather than engineering and technological decisions.  Both Henry and Mike started great companies, as I'm sure you'll agree, and supporting smaller, innovative companies is commendable.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SilencerCo Acquires SWR- 8/18/11

No, you remember it wrong. Engineer is correct with his information. SilencerCo was already a well established company with several products BEFORE the SWR acquisition. I bought direct from them (as an FFL) the Sparrow, Osprey 9, Osprey 40 and Osprey 45 and sold them to my customers. The Saker did come at SHOT 2012- about 6 months after the acquisition. Hell, SilencerCo did not even fully integrate the SWR products until late 2013. And "Freedom Group" doesn't have a single thing to do with any of this. You're getting your facts twisted.

If you're going to make buying decisions based on historical facts it's usually smart to have the correct facts.

Now back to the matter at hand- I'm not a fan of Monocores for your first rimfire silencer. K baffles are far superior on handguns and hold their own on rifles.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No, you remember it wrong. Engineer is correct with his information. SilencerCo was already a well established company with several products BEFORE the SWR acquisition. I bought direct from them (as an FFL) the Sparrow, Osprey 9, Osprey 40 and Osprey 45 and sold them to my customers. The Saker did come at SHOT 2012- about 6 months after the acquisition. Hell, SilencerCo did not even fully integrate the SWR products until late 2013. And "Freedom Group" doesn't have a single thing to do with any of this. You're getting your facts twisted.

If you're going to make buying decisions based on historical facts it's usually smart to have the correct facts.

Now back to the matter at hand- I'm not a fan of Monocores for your first rimfire silencer. K baffles are far superior on handguns and hold their own on rifles.
View Quote

So when is Gemtech coming out with a new K-baffled .22 can???

ETA: Lunar-22 has a nice ring to it, no?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#39]
SilencerCo Sparrow and Dead Air Mask are both nice.  These are the ones I have experience with.  Mask is a bit nicer, Sparrow has a FRP with my pistols, but otherwise a great can, and cleans pretty easily.

I have a Thunderbeast 22 Takedown on order, waiting for the stamp.  I hope it is nice also.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a Spectre II-my only 22 can.  I bought it because it is all stainless and I can use aggressive forms of cleaning if i want without worry (The Dip or SS pins in a tumbler). It is auto rated for 22 as well as mutli caliber rated up to 5.7 mm.  I really like it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

OP did state he wanted a "First .22 Suppressor." and I don't believe a monocore is a good first can.
View Quote

On that, we may agree.  My disagreement was in your wording per you first post on the subject, where IMO you made it sound as if the monocore was a bad design.

And yes, I do agree supporting smaller companies is commendable.  I still have a hankering for a innovative arms can (and they're even in SC).  

My only point is that I don't think Silenerco has gotton so big that they have forgotten about customer service and where that has gotten them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

unfortunately, you remember it wrong.

Sico started with the Sparrow and the Osprey.  That is what they were known for.

I got to shoot the first publicly shown Osprey athte last AAC SiShoot in GA.  It didn't have the cam lock at that time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are correct, however I was only partially incorrect.  Saker was after acquisition, which I knew, but Ospery (a forgettable can for me) was before. I looked it up.  They had JUST introduced the Osprey.  Saker was introduced post merger.  At any rate, none of this was part of the original suggestion to the OP.  I am not a big fan of the Osprey, but the Sparrow was my second choice option after the Spectre II.  I was deep into the decision process around that time and the Saker was most definitely NOT on the market when the merger happened.  Axe me how I know?  Because a large part of my decision process was buying local and SWR was local.  It was them or Liberty.  Didn't like the SpecWar mounts at the time so I ended up with a Yankee Hill can.  Will probably get a Rugged rifle an a bit down the road. Both my Spectre II and Octane are marked SWR and SiCo. I guess they were made by SWR prior to merger and marked/distributed by SiCo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top