Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2017 4:03:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks. What kind of mounting system were you using? 3-lug, fixed mount or piston/spacer?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm always amazed that a single baffle in the middle can get nicked. As a fellow Mystic X owner I hope Liberty takes good care of you.

I did notice when shooting my 9mm SBR with 3 lug that the adapter can loosen from the can itself requiring occasional tightening.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn that's weird. 

Just went to check my Mystic to make sure everything was okay. No strikes. 

Love that suppressor.

Damn, that's weird.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I got an endcap strike on my Mysitc X first time taking it out using the Liberty 3 lug adapter on an HK Parts 3 lug mount. Liberty took care of it and sent back a new apadter after replacing the core. Just FYI your replacement core will not have an o-ring on the distal end anymore, they stopped doing that and said the ring isn't needed.

The expreince turned me off of 3 lugs. Too much play for me. Now I used the mystic as a direct thread can and have a Hybrid with ASR mount on my 9mm SBR.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Dumb question: how does a bullet "destabilize and smash into a baffle" mid stack? It hits the baffle, richochetes off and magically doesn't overcorrect and tumble into other baffles/end cap?

Secondly: was it liberty that was giving people shit for 3rd party mounts?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Liberty told me specifically the HK Parts mount is the one they reccomend.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Was the 3-lug mount tight against the suppressor body? Mine seems to loosen fairly often during shooting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Keyholing? You using boat tail bullets?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#14]
As an owner of a few monocores (No Liberty) do they replace the whole core orncsn you cut and weld and whatnot?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As an owner of a few monocores (No Liberty) do they replace the whole core orncsn you cut and weld and whatnot?
View Quote

I imagine the entire core is replaced vs spending the time/labor on fixing one and trying to make sure its straight.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#16]
My buddy has had two. Both times shooting a Glock with Surefire barrel.

First time was with 147gr GD 2s. Sent back to Liberty, they performed the Mystic Upgrade.

Last time it was 147gr FMJ out of same gun. He did multiple tests with many varieties of 147, no signs of unstable bullets.

He sent it back with the barrel. No idea if they found out the reason.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I just received the mystic X 3 lug adapter before my mystic arrives.  Now I'm nervous.  went with the ILWT adapter that has the screw on cap.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's at Liberty right now, so now I wait for them to look it over.

I may, while it's there, do the X upgrade.
View Quote

Might as well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just received the mystic X 3 lug adapter before my mystic arrives.  Now I'm nervous.  went with the ILWT adapter that has the screw on cap.
View Quote

I wouldn't sweat it. Just keep an eye on the mount coming loose from the suppressor itself. This probably isn't helped by me doing mag dumps.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Care to share what the cost was going to be if you didn't choose to upgrade to the X? I have a Mystic X and am curious about the cost for when I bust a baffle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, after talking to Liberty this morning I have decided instead of repairing I'm going to upgrade the Mystic to the Mystic X. The reason I decided for the upgrade is that they are at this moment finalizing testing on other calibers and will be releasing a revised list of approved calibers for the Mystic X, including Super Sonic 308.

They have tested the Mystic x on a 16-inch Remington SPS Tactical which happens to be the very same rifle that I have.

I should be getting the upgraded Mystic back on the first week of March.
View Quote

Same price or any discount on the upgrade if you don't mind me asking
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Same price....basically I'm getting a newer, upgraded can without a 8 month to a year wait.

I never asked. I asked what makes the X a better can and when he told me that the caliber list was increased to 52 and that super sonic 308 is one of them, that sold me on the upgrade.
View Quote

THAT would be nice. I'd pay for that upgrade. Would be a nice can for the upcoming 358 Yeti project.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm looking forward to getting it back.

Now if I could get someone to take my jail broken AAC Eco-9 can and replace the aluminum baffles with something more robust.

I cannot get Stalking Rhino to reply to any emails, they are the ones that jailbroke the can.
View Quote

Curtis tactical
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thank you!
View Quote

Full discourse, no personal experience but others have said positive things on here about them
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Curtis tactical
View Quote

I think I'm going to send him my Liberty Regulator for a recore. It's a great can but the monocore baffle is a bitch to take out of the tube after shooting. I love my Mystic X too but it doesn't get stuck as bad as the dedicated rimfire cans.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I have had two cans recored by Joe.

Great job, quick turn around.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have had two cans recored by Joe.

Great job, quick turn around.
View Quote

Joe has also done a can for me. Great guy and great suppressors.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Was shooting my 9mm SBR with my Liberty Mystic last Friday. Got home and when I pulled the can out of the case, bits of metal started falling out.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20170210-144828-146684.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20170210-143851-146683.jpg

I was shooting steel and some USPSA targets with it. Had one round look like it was starting to yawl at the target, but did not notice it until the end.

I have shot a ton of 300blk and 9mm through this can with no issues. No other strikes on baffles no indication of even rubs or kisses on the other baffles.

It's on it way back to Liberty. They sent me a RMA number and form to fill out. The guys at Liberty are really great to talk to.

Sucks, this is my favorite can that I use alot for either 9mm or 300blk...mostly on 300blk.
View Quote

Just curious , do you use a rod to check alignment?

I know there's a tiny bit you can be off but seems like the more close to perfect the better
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#37]
I own a mystic-x as well, and I just got my first baffle strike last week. Host was a glock 17 with a silencerco barrel, and 147gr freedom munitions.

Basically, the fourth baffle from the end got hit HARD. The majority of it was bent all the way over.. some of the mangled metal was actually sticking up into the center of the can... needless to say, I am VERY happy I didn't do any follow up shots! The weirdest thing is that I didn't find any bits in the suppressor, so the bullet must have bounced off and out. I grabbed a steel punch, and hammered the metal out of the way, so that the suppressor was clear of obstruction. I did a test fire, and it sounded exactly the same!

I still have no idea what caused the strike. Perhaps the suppressor came loose, but I check tightness after each mag. Moral of the story... don't take them too seriously! By all means, check your mounts, but sometimes they are unavoidable. Baffle strikes build character
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I own a mystic-x as well, and I just got my first baffle strike last week. Host was a glock 17 with a silencerco barrel, and 147gr freedom munitions.

Basically, the fourth baffle from the end got hit HARD. The majority of it was bent all the way over.. some of the mangled metal was actually sticking up into the center of the can... needless to say, I am VERY happy I didn't do any follow up shots! The weirdest thing is that I didn't find any bits in the suppressor, so the bullet must have bounced off and out. I grabbed a steel punch, and hammered the metal out of the way, so that the suppressor was clear of obstruction. I did a test fire, and it sounded exactly the same!

I still have no idea what caused the strike. Perhaps the suppressor came loose, but I check tightness after each mag. Moral of the story... don't take them too seriously! By all means, check your mounts, but sometimes they are unavoidable. Baffle strikes build character
View Quote

That's the exact set up my buddy has, and the exact same baffle that was hit
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's the exact set up my buddy has, and the exact same baffle that was hit
View Quote

umm.... well that's spooky. I'll see if I can post some pics later. I'm hoping it wasn't the freedom munitions that caused it, because I really like their 147gr ammo. It's a tad underloaded which makes for quieter (read: no ear-ringing) shooting.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
UPDATE: Got the Mystic back today. The X baffle core is much beefier. It has more metal, thicker baffles and more reinforcing.

The new locking ring is smaller in profile and the wave lock end cap is really nice.

Looking on Liberty's Facebook page, they are still testing the X with .308 and it seems to be progressing quite well.

I'll get some pics of the X tomorrow and post them.
View Quote
I don't Facebook. Can you clarify the 308 testing? Are they testing super sonic 308? Is this a new/upgraded X core or standard X core they are testing?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:23:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Glad I wandered into this thread since I was looking for range reports of the Mystic X.

Seems like a lot of happy folks and a solid company to deal with.

Not sure when I'll get to it, but I think it would fit my needs pretty well as I don't really see myself buying multiple cans. One that can handle the usual suspect calibers would probably be enough for me to enjoy myself and equip a nightstand gun.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Am I glad I did the X baffle upgrade. Got this in the inbox this morning from Liberty-
View Quote
That's impressive. My Mystic X was my first can and has served me very well as a "do all." I'll have to see what my SN# is and look into this upgrade.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#48]
OP-

What type of ammo? manufacturer, bullet type?

Another poster mentioned Freedom Manufacturing, which IMHO, was GREAT ammo a couple of years back, however last year+ they seemed to have fucked that all up, and now, I avoid them like the plague.

The only thing I can think of is a bullet that was shaved as it was pressed into the case, or possibly an excess of material on the base?

In regards to the repair- I'm under the impression they stamped your S/N on a new, upgraded tube AND replaced the stack? Is that right?

Am I incorrect thinking that the S/N is not transferrable to a new tube, and, that there needed to be ATF paperwork submitted and approved before that happened. From your timeline, it looks like the turn around was 3 weeks, and the .gov doesn't move at that speed....so, school me?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OP-

What type of ammo? manufacturer, bullet type?

Another poster mentioned Freedom Manufacturing, which IMHO, was GREAT ammo a couple of years back, however last year+ they seemed to have fucked that all up, and now, I avoid them like the plague.

The only thing I can think of is a bullet that was shaved as it was pressed into the case, or possibly an excess of material on the base?

In regards to the repair- I'm under the impression they stamped your S/N on a new, upgraded tube AND replaced the stack? Is that right?

Am I incorrect thinking that the S/N is not transferrable to a new tube, and, that there needed to be ATF paperwork submitted and approved before that happened. From your timeline, it looks like the turn around was 3 weeks, and the .gov doesn't move at that speed....so, school me?
View Quote
New core on the same tube.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Curtis tactical
View Quote
He is minutes from my house, I had no idea he did work outside our very small town.

His shop burned down a year or so ago, he was a long time getting back in business. Now he website says

"Because of the recent decline in suppressor sales as well as firearm sales in general we will temporarily not be accepting any new orders. We have had to pursue other avenues for income for the time being which doesn't leave any room for new suppressor or rifle orders. We appreciate all of our customers and hope that this is a temporary thing and that we will resume business when the market comes back."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top