Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2016 11:02:42 PM EDT
I just received my ASR muzzle brake from Silencerco for my 450 Bushmaster.  The 450 Bushmaster uses a rather odd thread pitch 11/16x24.  The ASR brake threads on just fine, but the shims that they provided in order to time the brake are slightly too small in terms of the inside diameter.  The shim package says "5/8 shims," so it makes sense that they might be ever so slightly too small.

Any thoughts as to where I could find a shim kit that would work?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd email them and ask if they have any that will fit.  I needed some shims last week and couldn't find them on their website so I sent them a message.  They dropped a couple in an envelope for me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Take inside and outside dimensions that you want and order appropriate shims from McMaster Carr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top