Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2016 6:03:35 PM EDT
I finally got a hold of someone at SureFire to address the crappy finish they put on my SOCOM 762-Mini-DE (Reader's Digest version of the incident--finish started smoking and bubbling after 30rds, now can scrape finish off with fingernail).  Good news--its covered under warranty.  Bad news--turn around time is five to six weeks.

I'm moving in November and SF will only return ship to the address on the Form 4.  The guy I spoke to suggested waiting until after the move to send in the suppressor and said I'd need to get an updated Form 4 with the new address on it so they can ship it back to me when they are done.  I did not know the ATF sent out updated Form 4's.  When I send in the 5320.20 will I get an updated Form 4 or do they just make a note of it in their files?  

Guess I have a lot of paperwork to do before the move.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The ATF doesn't update Form 4s with your new address. Whomever you spoke to is an idiot. I have had AAC do warranty work for me before. I included a copy of my Form 4 with an old address on it and they just shipped it back to my current address.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
[email protected]

Try again
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
[email protected]

Try again
View Quote

This.  ^^^
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
When did you last talk to Surefire? I had the same thing happen to me but they have recently corrected this issue.

They are now properly permitting you to tell them the address to ship the suppressor to, you just write on the repair invoice the correct shipping address, and send a copy of your form 4 with it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discovered the problem with my suppressor last month (first range trip).  Talked to a SF rep yesterday.  It was the first time I actually got to talk to someone.  I usually spend 20+ minutes on hold before hanging up.  Even tried the auto call back function but never received a call back.

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Discovered the problem with my suppressor last month (first range trip).  Talked to a SF rep yesterday.  It was the first time I actually got to talk to someone.  I usually spend 20+ minutes on hold before hanging up.  Even tried the auto call back function but never received a call back.

View Quote

You can actually do a callback feature as well, where they will just call you instead of making you wait on hold. If you're moving in state, they should not need you to update the form 4, I was just having this issue and they finally let me send it in with a note of where my proper address is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top