Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#1]
i have had wonderful results with the bowers covers.  No movement, no issues.  Using them on two YHM cans (one older 30cal Ti QD and a newer 30Cal ULT QD).  Hard as crap to get them on, never slide or move.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a hold of a few yellow heat protective mittens. They work great, and you can sit the suppressor on top of it why it's cooling down.

I'm not quite sold on the suppressor covers right now, but I haven't ruled them out. Has anyone found any actual evidence of their necessity? Which one is the best, most effective available?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think people may want a cover to help with mirage, but I shoot in one of the hotter climates and haven't had any problem ringing the bell with a hot can on the hottest day.
View Quote

I use one for mirage on my precision rifle, and I use one for protection on my SBR -- the can gets scalding hot and I can't always be 100% focused on where the side of the can is say, when transitioning to pistol, or running, changing positions, etc. Especially on the rare occasions I use a single point sling instead of a two point.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I really liked the look of them and I liked the fact that they do a great job of making it so I can grab the hot suppressor for removal.

They slide all over the place like crazy under recoil, though, which I don't like.  I have a couple but don't use them anymore due to the sliding around.  I would shoot a string and the cover would be two inches past the end of the can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's up with the bowers cover?  I like the looks and the fact that you can get it in FDE. Some reviews say it's great and indestructible but some say it's not good.

I really liked the look of them and I liked the fact that they do a great job of making it so I can grab the hot suppressor for removal.

They slide all over the place like crazy under recoil, though, which I don't like.  I have a couple but don't use them anymore due to the sliding around.  I would shoot a string and the cover would be two inches past the end of the can.

That's cause 1.5" diameter suppressors aren't 1.5" diameter.  mine are all smaller.  That's why you get the 1.375" diameter bowers cover or smaller.  Problem solved.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top