Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2016 4:38:03 PM EDT
Since Capital Armory has these in stock, I'm looking at getting one or the other.

I'm leaning more towards the Ghost because I already have a Sandman S & L but the Obsidian looks just as promising.

I already have a Octane 9 & 45 so looking for one last pistol can.

Any ideas for those who have one or even both?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Obsidian can use sico pistons ghost cannot if that matters
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Ghost uses replaceable wipes. Obsidian doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I think ghost last section of baffles are aluminum if i remember right... i think that was the ultimate reason i decided on the obsidian.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think ghost last section of baffles are aluminum if i remember right... i think that was the ultimate reason i decided on the obsidian.
View Quote

Yeah, the baffles in the modular end are aluminum and anodized blue
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
NFAReview has a really good video comparing them. For my money, I'd get the Obsidian.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I shot both at the last QRF Suppressor shoot. I would give a slight(very slight) edge is sound to the Ghost but I really like that the Obsidian can use SiCo(and maybe Griffin) pistons and accessories and all of its baffles are stainless. The wipes in the Ghost are neat but I wouldn't be surprised if more companies offer something similar and I don't care for it having some aluminum baffles. In the end, I decided not to decide. I order both If I was you, I would go Obsidian since you already have SiCo stuff that can be used with it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought and have shot the obsidian.  I have not shot the ghost but for the features and price for my first handgun can, no brainer for me.  I didn't get any blow back shooting the Obsidian but only when the gun locked open on the last round fired and that was infrequent.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with the Obsidian.  You can't go wrong with either though...
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I went with the Obsidian because of the aluminum baffles of the ghost, my first non dead air can
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Ghost for me. Coupla months left...

Never planned to shoot it in anything other than K config and they specifically mentioned reduced blowback, which I tired of after the Octane.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I went with the ghost as that was all i could get between the two in stock before 41p. While i hear i won't be disappointed i rather have had a 9mm endcap versus the wipe.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks everyone! I went with the Ghost.

Now the wait of eternity...
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
NFAReview has a really good video comparing them. For my money, I'd get the Obsidian.
View Quote

Link to Video please!?

Mike and Henry set the standard for indusrty comparison video's while part of Silencerco/SWR. Still waiting on a similar test between these two!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link to Video please!?

Mike and Henry set the standard for indusrty comparison video's while part of Silencerco/SWR. Still waiting on a similar test between these two!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to Video please!?

Sorry, actually two separate videos. But still a very good reference point nonetheless.

Ghost:

Obsidian:
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for sharing my videos guys. And for what it's worth, I never use the end modules on either can. In fact... I don't even remember where I placed the end module to both. Somewhere in my gun closet I presume lol

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#17]
From the vids it seems the obsidian is quieter.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Flip a coin, they are both that good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#19]
From what I have heard they are very similar sounding albeit on different host both 9mm in the short and long configs.  So I ordered Obsidian because it was $200 less so that paid my stamp.  I do like the looks of the Ghost better but that is just a personal preferance as both look and feel well built.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Both are great cans, I went with Obsidian due to price and availability
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I went with the Ghost-M because I have all their other suppressors, and I am driving distance from their office if worse comes to worse for something.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought 2 Obsidians because of availability. I wanted my second can to be the Ghost-M, but I couldn't find one right before 41F and the Obsidian popped up in stock right before the deadline.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#23]
If I was buying a pistol can today I would get the Obsidian no question.  All stainless baffles, stainless mount section, can use SiCo pistons (if that matters to you), less expensive.  While price shouldn't factor that much into a silencer purchase, it is nice when the can I want is cheaper anyways.  Both cans look great and I would imagine most everyone would be happy with either one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#24]
The deciding factor in choosing the Ghost was the blue baffles and how cool the modified K-baffles looked.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The deciding factor in choosing the Ghost was the blue baffles and how cool the modified K-baffles looked.
View Quote

You did good. I shot them both back to back and I went with the ghost. The videos are an ok reference but shouldn't be used to compare two different cans unless shot at the same time in the same video IMO. The ghost is shorter in k, longer in full size, and lighter in sizes. The wipe feature is pretty cool. I didn't own any pistons so that didn't matter to me. The ghost has a titanium main tube vs aluminum. The ghost looks better to me. I don't shoot cast lead bullets so the aluminum baffles don't bother me. The price was closer for me compared to what I've seen most pay but was still $100 more that the obsidian. All that said I may buy an obsidian just because . There really isn't a bad decision here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top