Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2016 7:24:48 PM EDT
I had a chance today to shoot my Sig MPX with my Omega 9k suppressor.  At 25 yards there was a POI shift of 6" with the suppressor mounted.  With the the can the rounds were landing 6" higher than when the can wasn't on the gun.  That seems excessive but maybe not. It that to be expected?  Just wondering if something might be wrong. I look forward to hearing from the pros.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I forgot the name of the MFG.  it was some cheap Walmart range ammo. The ammo grouped very tight though.  115 gr fmj
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Once upon a time I was thinking POI shift mattered, but now I never shoot unsuppressed...

JPK
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess you are right.  The can will live on the rifle (when it gets out of jail),  just wanted to be sure there wasn't something wrong with my set up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
That seems a little excessive, my Griffin will shift my 11.5" barrel POI 3" at 50 yds.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I have found POI shift to depend more on specific barrels than I do rigidity of the barrel, or the suppressor, or the muzzle device, or whatever else.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I forgot to mention that I'm using  an HK 3lug mount for my Omega 9k.  I wonder if there might be some issue with the mounting interface that could be causing my POI shift. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I was able to visit my Omega 9K in jail again today to try and figure out why I was getting such extreme POI shift. When I mounted the 9k onto the Sig MPX via the HK parts 3 lug adapter there was noticeable play. I called SiCo and was told by Quentin that some play/wiggle is inherent in all 3 lug designs. I removed the 3 lug adapter and used my direct thread attachment and Eureka, there was no noticeable POI shift at all. I already paid $140 for the SiCo Octane 3 lug mount and I really want to be able to use the 3 lug mounting system. Since it looks like the HK parts MPX 3 lug adapter caused my POI shift issue, is there another 3 lug adapter that might be better?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was able to visit my Omega 9K in jail again today to try and figure out why I was getting such extreme POI shift. When I mounted the 9k onto the Sig MPX via the HK parts 3 lug adapter there was noticeable play. I called SiCo and was told by Quentin that some play/wiggle is inherent in all 3 lug designs. I removed the 3 lug adapter and used my direct thread attachment and Eureka, there was no noticeable POI shift at all. I already paid $140 for the SiCo Octane 3 lug mount and I really want to be able to use the 3 lug mounting system. Since it looks like the HK parts MPX 3 lug adapter caused my POI shift issue, is there another 3 lug adapter that might be better?
View Quote

Manticore arms makes one. I'm not sure if it's any better or worse.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess the SiCo Octane 3 lug mount could be the problem
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:56:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a 4 inch shift with my guns at 100 yards with my Saker 7.62. At least it's consistent across all the guns I use it on.

The Saker is one heavy SOB, but built like a tank.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 5:55:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Once upon a time I was thinking POI shift mattered, but now I never shoot unsuppressed...

JPK
View Quote

This. You have suppressed weapon you are going to run suppressed 95% of the time.  
Sight in with suppressor on
*poof*

No more POI shift
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#15]
My Tirant with 3 lug and MP5K clone shifts a little more than I wish it did as well.

But its not as drastic as you say. Id say a 3 inches low and left at 25 yards. It makes things get pretty squirrely at range.

My pistol also has a good amount of shift in the same direction.

Throw in on a bolt gun and it doesn't shift at all.

Suppressors are a weird mistress
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine from http://www.trosusa.com/
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

JPK
View Quote

Samesies, when I first got into suppressors this was a thing I worried about. I've since found that I always use suppressors on mine set up for them, and (duh) always don't on those not set up for them; so it's actually been a complete non-issue. Either way, as long as any POI shift is repeatable, I wouldn't worry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top