User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ironknife thank you for the membership. That is very much appreciated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Zerlak I will see what I can get done for you. It is true I am not at SF in the same capacity. I had a chance to get out of CA and I did. I work for SF in a limited role in my spare time because I helped build the suppressor division and it means a lot to me. I will get back to you soon.

log out and log back in

Good to know people look out for each other...

Ironknife thank you for the membership. That is very much appreciated.

Thank you Sir
Glad we got an inside guy, had no idea y'all would recore my can if I can wear it out
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Received delivery confirmation, upper and silencer are now in Surefires hands.
View Quote

Good deal, OP! Surefire will make sure you are taken care of. They have repeatedly gone above and beyond for me, and they will for you, too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I will keep in touch with them there and let you know Zerlak.
View Quote

Thank you for your continued efforts of going above and beyond what I'd expect of anyone.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I will keep in touch with them there and let you know Zerlak.
View Quote

This is why I love Surefire!

Kudu22!
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Tips on changing address? Have trust and surefire can. I moved in state 3 years ago. In case this were to happen i would like to know how to proceed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Best suppressors in the industry.. Glad I have had the opportunity to try some.

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any update on repair status, cost, or cause of the strike? It's been a week, hopefully it can head home soon!

I own numerous SilencerCo suppressors and one Surefire (still in jail) so this thread interests me. I witnessed a Saker 762 take a hit to the blast baffle and many other baffles. It was only out of the owners hands for three and a half days, including one-day shipping both ways. It was inspected, re-cored, and coated in what seemed like an impossible to achieve time frame all for no cost and no questions asked of the owner. The initial discussion in this thread is still of some concern to me as I agree with others that it shouldn't require an online presence to receive satisfactory customer service. I do appreciate the insight and technical knowledge the customer reps provide here but if my father (who is a suppressor owner but is not "online") had the same situation I fear the outcome would not have been the same as Zerlak's.

Congrats Kudu on getting back with Surefire and I hope your interactions with customers here can continue to positively influence the culture and policies there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Any update on repair status, cost, or cause of the strike? It's been a week, hopefully it can head home soon!

I own numerous SilencerCo suppressors and one Surefire (still in jail) so this thread interests me. I witnessed a Saker 762 take a hit to the blast baffle and many other baffles. It was only out of the owners hands for three and a half days, including one-day shipping both ways. It was inspected, re-cored, and coated in what seemed like an impossible to achieve time frame all for no cost and no questions asked of the owner. The initial discussion in this thread is still of some concern to me as I agree with others that it shouldn't require an online presence to receive satisfactory customer service. I do appreciate the insight and technical knowledge the customer reps provide here but if my father (who is a suppressor owner but is not "online") had the same situation I fear the outcome would not have been the same as Zerlak's.

Congrats Kudu on getting back with Surefire and I hope your interactions with customers here can continue to positively influence the culture and policies there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No updates to report, just playing the waiting game.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Got a call from Surefire to confirm my proper return address. I asked what the progress of the can was and he mentioned that it was just being officially received as in and still has not started the review process.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Tagged - interested in the final resolution.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Got an email from Surefire. They found no evidence of craftsmanship defect and are going to charge me 300 for the job, would have traditionally been 650.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got an email from Surefire. They found no evidence of craftsmanship defect and are going to charge me 300 for the job, would have traditionally been 650.
View Quote

Let's hear it for Surefire, champion of the consumer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 1:25:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was honestly expecting to spend something, to fix the suppressor. As is, I've had it since 2009 and it had plenty of erosion to the blast baffle, from many thousands of rounds of use. They could have made me spend the full 650 but are being nice and cutting me a deal.

Are there those that would fix it out of their pocket? I'm sure there are but I'm not expecting it. Materials and man hours cost money, no matter the corporation. I still prefer the Surefire mount system, which is why I went with this suppressor to begin with, back in 2009.

I'm just looking forward to having my suppressor back.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#15]
BAD customer service on Surefire's part in today's suppressor market. They should have done it for free.

I bought a Rugged Obsidian 45 and Rugged will repair there suppressors for FREE even if its my fault or my rifles fault. Rugged will repair it for FREE even if I drop it off a cliff or run it over with my car.

So, im not so impressed with Surefire charging you to repair it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Are they rebuilding the whole stack?

I wouldn't be upset about that for that price. I feel that's fair

As others pointing out though, some manufactures would do it no charge.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#17]
The issue for me isn't as much that you are having to pay to get it fixed, but that you had to have insider help to get customer service to work with you and to get preferential pricing on the repair.

The customer service bar has been set much higher by other companies than what is being documented here. I'm glad that your issue is being fixed relatively inexpensively but this thread will probably serve to push consumers that are on the fence about Surefire towards a manufacturer that offers a more comprehensive warranty. I have a Surefire in ATF jail and hope I never have a reason to send it in.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Are they rebuilding the whole stack?

I wouldn't be upset about that for that price. I feel that's fair

As others pointing out though, some manufactures would do it no charge.
View Quote

Yes, they are rebuilding the entire stack.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
BAD customer service on Surefire's part in today's suppressor market. They should have done it for free.

I bought a Rugged Obsidian 45 and Rugged will repair there suppressors for FREE even if its my fault or my rifles fault. Rugged will repair it for FREE even if I drop it off a cliff or run it over with my car.

View Quote

I'm happy that there are those that will repair damages for free but, no offense, most of today's offerings weren't around in 2009. Back when I picked up my suppressor, it wasn't even legal to use them in my state, I would have to make road trips just to utilize it.

My options, at my local FFL, were Gemtech, Smith Enterprise and they had just gotten the Surefire in. AAC cans were on the horizon but I was wanting to move forward that day and I felt the Surefire mounting design was the best, I still think they have the best mount.

I'll probably pick up another manufacturers can in the near future, where they will repair it for free no matter what but I cannot expect every company to operate like that. Materials have costs, as do man hours. Heck, my design isn't even made anymore, so the fact that they are still repairing it makes me happy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm happy that there are those that will repair damages for free but, no offense, most of today's offerings weren't around in 2009. Back when I picked up my suppressor, it wasn't even legal to use them in my state, I would have to make road trips just to utilize it.

My options, at my local FFL, were Gemtech, Smith Enterprise and they had just gotten the Surefire in. AAC cans were on the horizon but I was wanting to move forward that day and I felt the Surefire mounting design was the best, I still think they have the best mount.

I'll probably pick up another manufacturers can in the near future, where they will repair it for free no matter what but I cannot expect every company to operate like that. Materials have costs, as do man hours. Heck, my design isn't even made anymore, so the fact that they are still repairing it makes me happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he's saying is Surefire should adapt their warranty to 2016 "standards"
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I gathered that as well but that isn't a realistic expectation. Labor costs money, as do materials or even keeping older discontinued designs to be serviceable.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tips on changing address? Have trust and surefire can. I moved in state 3 years ago. In case this were to happen i would like to know how to proceed.
View Quote

Here is my tip:  Don't do it.  There is no requirement to do it, for the feds or for Surefire.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#23]
The damage was very extensive from a squib in the barrel or a bad round. The suppressor is completely being replaced except for the tube. It takes longer to rebuilt one than it does to build 3 new ones. It will be a brand new suppressor and be sent to the range for accuracy testing and then shipped back.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The damage was very extensive from a squib in the barrel or a bad round. The suppressor is completely being replaced except for the tube. It takes longer to rebuilt one than it does to build 3 new ones. It will be a brand new suppressor and be sent to the range for accuracy testing and then shipped back.
View Quote

I'm not surprised, about the damage. From the naked eye, it looked like at least 6 baffles were destroyed, from whatever was left inside of the suppressor. This entire experience has taught me to never let an inexperienced shooter outside of arms reach, as then I can stop them if I do experience/witness a squib or underpowered round.

I've never experienced anything like it before, and was too complacent with expecting factory loaded rounds to simply "work". Lesson learned.

Looking forward to getting the suppressor back and thanks again for helping get the price reduced, for the repair.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Another tip for ammo and shooting with a suppressor is, if you have a malfunction and clear a round out do not under any circumstances ever put that round back in the mag. You would be surprised how bad a bullet can get out concentricity of the neck on a double feed or something else. A bullet out of concentricity going through a suppressor will end bad. Actually watched a guy at a demo having issues with a AR and Hornady ammo. He picked up several rounds off the ground from the malfunctions and topped off a mag. Told him not to but he did. At some point the rifle blew up like a c4 charge went off. Sheared the rear pin, split the barrel and hand guard and bulged the lower so bad the trigger group fell out. Blew the mag out and the end cap of the mag off. What we think happened was the bullet got set back in the neck and on the second chambering it went further back and caused a super high pressure issue and destroyed the gun.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Meh, I remember when Surefire accidentally took 50% off their entire site and honored it. Most companies would have sent an apology and cancelled all orders (and I've had that happen before). I ended up with 6 lights and Surefire was the first place I looked when it was time to get a suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well hopefully those others will be around in 7-10 years to service a warranty claim if need be.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#28]
It's hard to argue with, "we will fix it no matter what even if it's the bullets."

I wish I thought about stuff like that when I bought my new Sig srd. Hell im still not sure what their stance is on fixing baffle strikes. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:13:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Here is my tip:  Don't do it.  There is no requirement to do it, for the feds or for Surefire.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#30]
The only thing I have an issue with (like a previous poster mentioned) is that it took insider help to get the ball rolling
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

It's hard to argue with, "we will fix it no matter what even if it's the bullets."

I wish I thought about stuff like that when I bought my new Sig srd. Hell im still not sure what their stance is on fixing baffle strikes. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.
View Quote

I'm not aware of what their policy is but, like the SiCo Omega-9K the whole baffle stack is easy to cut off and replace.  If you need a repair that isn't free it should be pretty cheap.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top