Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2016 5:23:09 PM EDT
On a 16 inch 44mag and a 9mm sig 226.  

It worked ok on the sig, but large and heavy for a pistol silencer.

I bought it for large caliber rifles and it was great on the cheap Rossi.  
Comfortable sound level with max load 44mag and very quiet with subsonic factory 44spl.  
I tried a range of ammo I loaded and I was very pleased with the quietest handloaded ammo I tried.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report, mine went pending 3-7-16 so couple weeks out hopefully. My G40 10mm and that can have a date with a nice 9pt I have on camera.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear
I'm waiting for my two to clear--should be by December (checks were cashed 6/7).

I'm excited to try them out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the report, mine went pending 3-7-16 so couple weeks out hopefully. My G40 10mm and that can have a date with a nice 9pt I have on camera.
View Quote

You gonna use red dot or suppressor sites?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]
You're Glock 40 is going to be very front heavy!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You're Glock 40 is going to be very front heavy!
View Quote

I won't mind.

It will also see time on a 35REM Contender, Ruger RPR 6.5CM, 300BLK RAR and a mess of other hosts.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Got the stamp for my hybrid last week but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  I am glad I can finally mount it to various hosts and see how it feels, hopefully a range trip can happen soon.  It is definitely heavy for a pistol can but I knew that when I bought it.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice lever guns.  The Hybrid is stupid heavy on a pistol IMO.  I fired one round through my G17 and said that was stupid.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Couldn't take it anymore and snuck off to shoot my hybrid.  I was very pleasantly surprised with the performance on both the beretta and the 1911 pictured above.  The 1911 is as quiet as my .22 can with sub-sonic ammunition.  The beretta was also very nice, particularly when shooting 147 grain ammunition that stayed sub-sonic.  I thought the hybrid/pistol combination would be a square peg/round hole but I was mistaken and am pleased.

The lever gun was a bit of a let-down.  It sounded to me like the .38 specials were going super-sonic.  A couple of months ago we tried a friend's 9mm suppressor on that same rifle/ammunition and it was quiet as could be.  Another culprit could be the .46 end cap but I don't think so since the beretta performed fine with the same cap.  I have to think about it some more but I've seen how quiet that rifle is capable of being and I'm obviously missing a piece of the puzzle.

I still need to buy the ASR mount for use on some rifles but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Couldn't take it anymore and snuck off to shoot my hybrid.  I was very pleasantly surprised with the performance on both the beretta and the 1911 pictured above.  The 1911 is as quiet as my .22 can with sub-sonic ammunition.  The beretta was also very nice, particularly when shooting 147 grain ammunition that stayed sub-sonic.  I thought the hybrid/pistol combination would be a square peg/round hole but I was mistaken and am pleased.

The lever gun was a bit of a let-down.  It sounded to me like the .38 specials were going super-sonic.  A couple of months ago we tried a friend's 9mm suppressor on that same rifle/ammunition and it was quiet as could be.  Another culprit could be the .46 end cap but I don't think so since the beretta performed fine with the same cap.  I have to think about it some more but I've seen how quiet that rifle is capable of being and I'm obviously missing a piece of the puzzle.

I still need to buy the ASR mount for use on some rifles but haven't gotten around to it yet.
View Quote

Sucks about the lever gun. Hope you get it worked out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top