Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 4:46:01 PM EDT
These are the aluminum baffles from a Coastal MIMS 9mm can that I use on my UZI. Almost all shooting conducted through it is full auto. I'm taking a wild guess here but I'm guessing that this can has maybe, 3K and at most 4K rounds through it. Is this erosion normal for that amount of rounds through aluminum baffles? Should I just keep shooting it or consider a rebuild sometime soon? It looks like I may have had a baffle strike at some point on some of the baffles. What should I do about those, file them down on the high points where the aluminum is dented inward? Sorry about the one picture, I know it's big but I wanted to show the detail.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, that's not too bad for 3-4k rounds of FA, especially for Al. Hard to tell from pics whether or not there's a baffle strike. To me, it looks like gas cutting. To be expected with Al baffles. I say use them till they're shot, then recore. Your ears and accuracy should be the judge.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If that isn't ok, I'm in deep trouble. FWIW, my Tirant 9s baffles are starting to look like that with on a few hundred rounds thru it in my Glock.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#3]
You did say full auto right?  That would be normal IMO.  Get another can in stainless if your concerned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top