Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2016 3:24:04 PM EDT
So I just got back from my first shoot with my new Sig srd.

First and foremost I've never even heard a suppressor in real life before this morning. Secondly, this ar pistol has zero rounds through it before today.

So when I offer up my reviews keep in mind i have zero to compare it to and I'm pretty ignorant in general in regards to suppressor.

First off, yes, it was quiet. I don't have a decibel meter. I did compare it to the other suppressor there and to my untrained ears it sounded quiet.  I also found the pitch of the sound appealing.

Also. It's light. I've seen anywhere from 11.6 to 13.2 ounces depending on what site I look at. All I know is I can barely tell it's there. I notice more when I remove my big ass light from the gun.

It mounted right up to the QD break and came right off no issues. Not much to report there.

Before I even shot this morning I did two things. I RTV'ed the charging handle and I drilled a 3/32 hole in it too. I ate zero gas. None. No oil or any residue on my glasses. Sig says there is less back pressure with their cans so I can't really say what had more effect. The can or my "fixes". Speaking of that, it's definitely dirty. My trigger finger has a dark black mark on it from the gas. My mags were dirty too.

I'm usually not "that guy" but now I know why the term suppressor snob came to be. I never want to shoot a non suppressed gun again lol.

Anyway if you have any questions let me know. I don't what else to really say besides I wish I could take it home. ATF just cashed my check yesterday lol :(

https://youtu.be/TMK_TA4zDxs

Sig 556

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice! Not a ton of info on Sig's suppressors until just recently it seems.

You got any pics (aside from the video)?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice! Not a ton of info on Sig's suppressors until just recently it seems.

You got any pics (aside from the video)?
View Quote

You're right. Not a ton of info out there but the people who have them seem to like them. This is the only pic I have so far
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive got one.  Shooting it tomorrow for first time.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Will be very interested to hear what you think of the suppressor on a Tavor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should perform even better on a longer barrel, correct?  Although I can't imagine it being any more quiet lol.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I almost bought the 30 cal prior to 41f, but if we turn into shitganistan I won't need a stamp to supress an ything

Looks good though!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Should perform even better on a longer barrel, correct?  Although I can't imagine it being any more quiet lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

With the chamber and muzzle closer to your ear, a bullpup isn't generally as good a suppressor host as a more traditional rifle.  Action noise could also be more noticeable.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran my G5 on it prior to the sig.  Runs great.  A suppressor and a geissele trigger make the tavor a sweet rig
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ran my G5 on it prior to the sig.  Runs great.  A suppressor and a geissele trigger make the tavor a sweet rig
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does it compare to an AR-15 or similar rifle?  I'm thinking about an AUG myself and wonder about suppressing it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Looked and sounded good. Hope you have sbr plans. Cheek welds suck. I was interested in sig cans but they were never in stock
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Waiting on my tax stamp for the same model, the SRD556TI QD.  Bought it Feb. 4th, check cashed a few weeks later.  It will be going on a 10.5" AR SBR.  Any more feedback/ opinions on it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#12]
You say you didn't have any issues taking it off after firing.  How many rounds did you fire before taking it off?  Did you have to take it off immediately or let it cool first?

I've read some taper mounts are a bitch to get off once they cool.  Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You say you didn't have any issues taking it off after firing.  How many rounds did you fire before taking it off?  Did you have to take it off immediately or let it cool first?

I've read some taper mounts are a bitch to get off once they cool.  Just curious.
View Quote

Hot can cold mount issue with thermal expansion and contraction.  Not the norm for most people.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I put about 150 rounds through it mix of brass and steel. Took it off about three minutes after I got done firing it because my wife was texting me and I had to leave in a hurry.

When the guy showed me how to put on the suppressor he screwed it on and then backed it off a half a turn. I'm guessing it was to combat it getting to tight.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How does it compare to an AR-15 or similar rifle?  I'm thinking about an AUG myself and wonder about suppressing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds about the same as anything else shooting 556....noticeably quieter, but not sub gun quiet.  Some have said it needs the ejection port gasket to contain gas....but i have zero issues.  Just mount the can and go shoot.  Runs great with no mods.  On a side note....i have zero issues with the stock rail height and standard AR optic mounts either.    
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine is due any day now, went Pending March 2nd.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man I wish I was in your shoes. They just cashed my check last Friday.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I'm boned on my Obsidian, I figure I'll see it in spring of 2017.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Always a good idea to shoot your firearm without the suppressor first to make sure your rounds are stabilizing (round hole on paper). It would be a shame to get a baffle strike on a brand new (or any) suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Always a good idea to shoot your firearm without the suppressor first to make sure your rounds are stabilizing (round hole on paper). It would be a shame to get a baffle strike on a brand new (or any) suppressor.
View Quote

Never thought of that. I'm glad I got lucky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top