Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2016 3:23:30 PM EDT
Looking at buying an Acc Sr 7 for a pretty good price. Slightly used. Comes with 3 mounts; One for the 308 and two for 223s.
I've been trying to do some research on these and can find very little review information on the Internet.
Any one own one and what are your thoughts?
I've read some info on their 90 tooth quick detach system. I would think if a lot of people were running these cans there would be some review information out there.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Looking at buying an Acc Sr 7 for a pretty good price. Slightly used. Comes with 3 mounts; One for the 308 and two for 223s.

I've been trying to do some research on these and can find very little review information on the Internet.

Any one own one and what are your thoughts?

I've read some info on their 90 tooth quick detach system. I would think if a lot of people were running these cans there would be some review information out there.

Thanks
View Quote
It's a very solid and dependable can with a rock solid mount.  The 90T mount locks up tight and has less blowback than the 51T. I can't find any fault, other than its a little pricey. It's whisper quiet on my 300 blk SBR and very nice on 762x39 and 308.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Curious on the price
I seem to recall RenegadeX having one too
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Curious on the price

View Quote
I believe I paid $750
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The SR (SR-5 & SR-7) series are one of the most under rated cans out there. Not much exposure on these as it was during the "transition" but the taper mount system is outstanding and the construction of the can is overbuilt to say the least. We should have some advertising and reviews coming over the next several months.
View Quote
Mind telling us a bit more about it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought one in February to go on a .300 BO.  Maybe I can give you a review in oh, say around December sometime....
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I bought one in February to go on a .300 BO.  Maybe I can give you a review in oh, say around December sometime....
View Quote
Mine was pending 2/17. It was approved 8/31.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Curious on the price
View Quote

I have a 90T, but it is for my Titan-QD.  I do not have a SR series. I still have my SPR/M4, IMO the best 556 can ever made.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have a 90T, but it is for my Titan-QD.  I do not have a SR series. I still have my SPR/M4, IMO the best 556 can ever made.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Curious on the price

Ahh, my mistake
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I have both the SR5 and SR7...love them both.  Not sure why the market has gone quiet on AAC because both of these cans are awesome.  There was a lot of push back from the AAC crowd regarding the move from the 51T to the new 90T and the SilencerShop video comparing the new SR5 to the old M4-2000 probably didn't help (note: I have shot both and prefer the tone on the new SR5 over the old M4-2000.  Plus, the lock up on the new 90T mount is better).

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have both the SR5 and SR7...love them both.  Not sure why the market has gone quiet on AAC because both of these cans are awesome.  There was a lot of push back from the AAC crowd regarding the move from the 51T to the new 90T and the SilencerShop video comparing the new SR5 to the old M4-2000 probably didn't help (note: I have shot both and prefer the tone on the new SR5 over the old M4-2000.  Plus, the lock up on the new 90T mount is better).
View Quote

They came out when SilencerCo's Specwar and Saker were the hot stuff. Lots of people want the latest and greatest, just look at cell phones.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks everyone for all the great input.  Gonna pull the trigger on the Sr-7.  All I will need is another mount for the other 308. I have an ar10 and a scout I want to set up. Don't really need the two 223 mounts that come with the package deal and and I will figure something out.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They came out when SilencerCo's Specwar and Saker were the hot stuff. Lots of people want the latest and greatest, just look at cell phones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually the SR series was initially announced at SHOT in 2012. But they didn't ship until the middle of 2014 due to design issues and let's face it here- the Remington machine. So the Specwars and Sakers were all shipping WAY before the first SR-5/7's. So the whole latest and greatest doesn't hold water. People want what is marketed towards them. Just look at cell phones.

My honest opinion, and I saw it firsthand, was that the market turned against a product with a 30+ month delay in introduction. Only Larue customers would tolerate a wait like that.

When they were finally released it was a soft release with no marketing backbone behind it. So it's not entirely uncommon for a consumer or dealer to say "I've never heard of that silencer ()SR-5/7 before" when all they have had SilencerCo's marketing machine beat the Specwar/Saker/Omega into their heads with a sledge hammer for the past couple years.

As far as the can goes it serves well, with a better mount than the 51T. I have one of the first 200 made on a dedicated 12.5 .300BLK MPW. OP if you can get one on a bargain go right at it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Curious on the price

I agree on the SPR/M4.  I use it more than my other 4 cans combined because it's so quiet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thanks everyone for all the great input.  Gonna pull the trigger on the Sr-7.  All I will need is another mount for the other 308. I have an ar10 and a scout I want to set up. Don't really need the two 223 mounts that come with the package deal and and I will figure something out.
View Quote
Mine came with a 5/8-24 mount. Why is yours coming with two 223 mounts?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I interpreted the OP as some sort of blowout package or possibly a used can. That's why I asked the price
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I interpreted the OP as some sort of blowout package or possibly a used can. That's why I asked the price
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a tard.  I forgot what was in the OP.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#18]

I've had a SR7 for about a year and a half.  No complaints from me.  Lock up on the 90T mount is tight.  Suppression is good.  Back pressure is not excessive.  

The "good silencer" market is crowded these days.  What does it do better than it's competitors?  I don't know.  But there also isn't really any area which it lags either.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The SR (SR-5 & SR-7) series are one of the most under rated cans out there. Not much exposure on these as it was during the "transition" but the taper mount system is outstanding and the construction of the can is overbuilt to say the least. We should have some advertising and reviews coming over the next several months.
View Quote

Saw the ad in this month's American Rifleman.  I'm happy with my M42K and my ARs all wear 51T mounts, so not in a hurry to switch.  But interesting looking can nonetheless.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#20]
No SR5, but I do have an SR7 and an M4-2K. And another SR7 on the way theoretically, I won another one last year, but the match director has dropped the ball in a big way and I don't know if I'll ever see it. As stated above, the 90T taper mount is a big improvement, and it's a pretty good can IMO.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I used my SR7 in a night match this past weekend.  Here's some video of it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNGILcRN5Z8

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Nicely done. Smooth and fast...

On the reload, was the pistol barrel orientation intentional?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes, that's intentional.  Rotate hand clockwise, barrel is pointing about 10:30 so I can see the magwell opening and watch the mag start inside the frame.

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Here's a video of my 6 year old shooting a DoubleStar ARC with the SR7.  Steel target is about 85 yards.  He was aiming for the hostage taker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEKqUsLzJkI&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Actually the SR series was initially announced at SHOT in 2012. But they didn't ship until the middle of 2014 due to design issues and let's face it here- the Remington machine.
View Quote

I had both the SR5 and SR7 on order, but after an absolutely ridiculous year long wait before the dealer even got the cans, I bought surefire instead. I still got the surefire cans before the aac cans made it to market.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top