Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2016 8:42:02 PM EDT
Hello All,

So I am curious, how are you guys storing all your silencers in your safe? Right now I have Silenerco pouches for all my silencers and keep them on a shelf piled up. I don't like this method. It's like an avalanche of a mess. It takes roger to long to find the one I want and makes my shelf look junked up. I'm thinking about making a board , drilling and gluing in pieces of dowel rod and storing them upright side by side. But I'm open to other ideas. As far as storage solutions sold I found one silencer storage unit for $34 but it only held 3 silencers.

Thanks for the ideas in advance
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I store my cans in couple of 5-cell pouches that I found from SKT Industries at a local gun show:  http://www.sktindustries.com/catalog_skt.htm

Another option is Gemtech's 5-Cell pouches:  http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/POUCHES-c18.htm

The 5 cell pouches takes up minimal space in the safe and they're all in one place.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a pistol rack like thisGet racked
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
On my guns.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On my guns.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Storing them on the guns isn't really practical for me and would cause additional storage issues. I don't really have room to go the pistol rack route. I have several of those rakes but they are all filled with pistols and don't have room for any more. Those Gemtech pouches would work better than what I have now but to pay $150 to go from 13 pouches to 3 pouches is a tough pill to swollow. Still might go the custom stand route. We'll see
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On my guns.

This.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Sitting vertical on my top safe shelf.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Saw something awhile back that looked like a roll up tool pouch. Stick them all in, roll it up and tie closed and they are all tightly together. Then unroll and grab ones you want for the range.

I think your idea of almost like a vertical socket holder with dowels could be good if you have more vertical open space than horizontal.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]

$11 3-drawer desktop unit

Rimfire suppressors in the top drawer

Centerfire pistol suppressors in the middle drawer

Centerfire rifle suppressors in the bottom drawer

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Not to completely derail the thread, but how many people out there have custom pelican cases for their cans?
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Not to completely derail the thread, but how many people out there have custom pelican cases for their cans?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:48:24 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i65.tinypic.com/21c59xt.jpg

Pick n Pluck or hand cut?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:58:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pick foam. Perfectly sized though.  When I initially cut out the spaces for the cans, it was too deep. I couldn't easily grab the can sitting that far down in the case. So, I took the piece that I cut out, and cut it in half, hot dog roll style. Makes them sit perfect.  Two rows for the rimfires, and three for the rifle/pistol cans.

I should note that the original foam in the storm case was standard foam, which I had cut for my photo gear. I took the foam from the Plano cases at Wally World, and it happened to be exactly the same dimensions as the storm case.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:59:03 AM EDT
[#14]
i got a bunch of those SiCo pouches when they were $5 and put those on the liberty safe (fat boy jr) safe door organizer
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:02:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
On my guns.
View Quote

That.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what size case are we looking at here?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Ammo can or I throw them where ever. It's a tool that gets banged, scratched and finish burned off under normal use. Why waste valuable space worrying about a suppressor ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a Storm iM2300. It's about 18" wide. For reference, the cans inside are, from
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered a new pelican case off of ebay for just the shell, and then found a company online that lets me order foam for it. They will cut the foam to exactly how you want it and because it was a deep case, they cut the foam in half and created two trays with the top one having a rigid bottom and handles. It has worked out really well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#20]
http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2012/08/001_Gun-Storage-Solutions-Safe-Accessories.jpg
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I ordered a new pelican case off of ebay for just the shell, and then found a company online that lets me order foam for it. They will cut the foam to exactly how you want it and because it was a deep case, they cut the foam in half and created two trays with the top one having a rigid bottom and handles. It has worked out really well.
View Quote

Foam cutting company?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Foam cutting company?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Foam cutting company?

http://www.mycasebuilder.com/custom-foam-cases-sorted-by-brand/custom-foam-pelican-cases.html

If the case you use is deep enough, create a template for the top layer and then create a template for the bottom layer. Then call them, they will ask for file numbers and tell them case you are using and that you want foam split into two trays. Took about a week and a half from ordering for it to get to my door and fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I guess I need some organization in my life - this is how I packed for the range

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#24]
For anyone looking for a nice hard case for storage/transport. Here is a very nice case that is the same as the Pelican 1450 but for $20
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/16in-safety-box/prod20353692.ip?searchTerm=7874216033&pid=_Aff_LS&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-scn6QD0vs9Nlxhrr_XCcRw&pid=_Aff_LS&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-tIvMRkMiCoL5UbE2zIJfZg
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Bought several of those today.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
On my guns.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top