Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2016 4:47:11 PM EDT
Would anyone else be interested in seeing an extender for the expansion chamber for the 458 socom to get it rated for a 10.5" barrel with sub sonic loads? Maybe a couple extra baffles if needed? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to put their hybrid on a sbr 458 for some quiet subs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Would anyone else be interested in seeing an extender for the expansion chamber for the 458 socom to get it rated for a 10.5" barrel with sub sonic loads? Maybe a couple extra baffles if needed? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to put their hybrid on a sbr 458 for some quiet subs.
View Quote

I use mine on a 11.5" barrel with supers and subs. It sounds good with both.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
+1
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't worry about the warranty with it being rated at 16"?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a word: no.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive been waiting to decide on what length to make my 458 upper.  Ive got plenty of time to decide because no hybrid.  Probably not until next year.  I too wish it were rated for less than 16 inches.   Im leaning towards a 11.5 length barrel.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They'd have to offer it that way from the beginning. You can't modify it to add length, especially with the extra baffles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'd have to offer it that way from the beginning. You can't modify it to add length, especially with the extra baffles.

Is this because of design or nfa rules?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NFA regs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top