Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2016 3:52:32 PM EDT
A Silencer Shop employee recommended a Sig Sauer SRD556 QD to me over the phone today.  I can't find much about them online anywhere.  Am I missing something here?  Anyone have any info?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Significant inconsistencies with advertised weight vs actual weight

Brittingham left Sig, not sure who's in charge
I would like to have one of the direct thread 556ti in my stable
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A Silencer Shop employee recommended a Sig Sauer SRD556 QD to me over the phone today.  I can't find much about them online anywhere.  Am I missing something here?  Anyone have any info?

Thanks.
View Quote

I have not heard anything bad about them, and as long as you talked with one of the SS guys about your needs and wants, their advice is solid.

There are a lot of solid choices on the market now.  It's honestly hard to go wrong. Price and availability should be a primary focus.

What's your host? What are you goi to do with it? What is your first priority interns of weight, suppression, etc?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
A person whos oppinion I trust, said their QD 338 model is very nice at suppressing. I havent seen one or heard one in person.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Silencer Shop won't steer you wrong. I'd buy one without hesitation. I want the SRD338Ti-QD model. Just waiting for SS to get them in stock.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't see much about them because it's taken SIG an eternity to get serious numbers of them into the market and they still aren't quite there.

I don't have experience with the 5.56, but their 7.62 cans (particularly the Ti ones) are the quietest .300 BLK suppressors I've tried. .308 performance isn't shabby, but .300 BLK is amazing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have not heard anything bad about them, and as long as you talked with one of the SS guys about your needs and wants, their advice is solid.

There are a lot of solid choices on the market now.  It's honestly hard to go wrong. Price and availability should be a primary focus.

What's your host? What are you goi to do with it? What is your first priority interns of weight, suppression, etc?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Host will Be a 10.5 AR, range and HD gun, more concerned with suppression than anything.

I actually wanted to go with a direct thread but the guy at Silencer Shop was very much against them. He spoke very highly of the Sig.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Will there ever be a chance that you want to shoot .308? This video was entertaining to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihbfJFhRZak
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Will there ever be a chance that you want to shoot .308? This video was entertaining to me.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihbfJFhRZak
View Quote

There is but I'd rather just get another can at that point. I want this to be a dedicated suppressor for my SBR.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've shot and listened to a few of them in person. They are scary quiet, at least the .30 cal models were.

I'm not the biggest fan of their QD system. It took two Sig reps cranking on the can pretty hard to get it off the gun at the QRF shoot back in May. They put wrench flats at the base of the can so you can wrench it off if need be, I dunno if I really like that though.

They do sound very awesome though.
View Quote

Was it hot at the time?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They put wrench flats at the base of the can so you can wrench it off if need be, I dunno if I really like that though.

View Quote

That is a great idea IMO. My Surefire Mini could use some wrench flats because it is a PITA to remove and if you let it cool down its not coming off. I wish I could trade it in on a different can.

I just got back from my LGS and they had a direct thread SRD556 in stock. I think this will be my first post 41F purchase. Filing as an Individual from here on out. Thanks FBHO.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

NI
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It was. Sig had one of their .338 suppressors on a .308 bolt gun, and a friend who was with me was asking about the .30 cal versus the .338 can, so the Sig rep is like "sure, I can swap them right out."  This was right after the rifle had been fired a bit, he needed a mitt to grab the can so I presume it was still warm at least.

It took two of them turning the can to finally get it to break loose from the rifle. Might have been a fluke, I dunno, but everyone else's QD setup that day came right off one handed with no issues. That just stuck out to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've shot and listened to a few of them in person. They are scary quiet, at least the .30 cal models were.

I'm not the biggest fan of their QD system. It took two Sig reps cranking on the can pretty hard to get it off the gun at the QRF shoot back in May. They put wrench flats at the base of the can so you can wrench it off if need be, I dunno if I really like that though.

They do sound very awesome though.

Was it hot at the time?

It was. Sig had one of their .338 suppressors on a .308 bolt gun, and a friend who was with me was asking about the .30 cal versus the .338 can, so the Sig rep is like "sure, I can swap them right out."  This was right after the rifle had been fired a bit, he needed a mitt to grab the can so I presume it was still warm at least.

It took two of them turning the can to finally get it to break loose from the rifle. Might have been a fluke, I dunno, but everyone else's QD setup that day came right off one handed with no issues. That just stuck out to me.

No matter how quiet the can, that would seriously dissuade me from buying one
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I will be shooting my SRD QD762 tomorrow on a 16in 300 MCX.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Feedback?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Feedback?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feedback?

It's still today
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's still today
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feedback?

It's still today

Is it ok if I ask for feedback now?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I suppose it wouldn't hurt. My thing was at the time, everyone else had QD suppressors and they didn't have any issues taking them on and off the various hosts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They put wrench flats at the base of the can so you can wrench it off if need be, I dunno if I really like that though.

That is a great idea IMO. My Surefire Mini could use some wrench flats because it is a PITA to remove and if you let it cool down its not coming off. I wish I could trade it in on a different can.

I just got back from my LGS and they had a direct thread SRD556 in stock. I think this will be my first post 41F purchase. Filing as an Individual from here on out. Thanks FBHO.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt. My thing was at the time, everyone else had QD suppressors and they didn't have any issues taking them on and off the various hosts.

Just read a few boards, people have problems with all manufacturers and cans getting stuck.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feedback?

It's still today

Lol
I'm excited to hear too
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Might get a 7.62 can from them myself.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Should have my 556 QD Ti sometime next month...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Check cash / buy date?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Check cash / buy date?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check cash / buy date?

March 2nd the check was cashed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:31:43 AM EDT
[#26]
The one thing that worries me about the sig suppressor s is they look like they would be impossible to repair

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The one thing that worries me about the sig suppressor s is they look like they would be impossible to repair

View Quote

actually much easier than a tubed design. cut it off at the serialized base, weld on a new stack. done!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol
I'm excited to hear too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feedback?

It's still today

Lol
I'm excited to hear too

My MCX was new an unfired so first I needed to sight it in MCX & Vcog. I did that within 10 rounds @ 100yds using 125g SS ammo. I actually put 2 of last 3 in the same hole 1/2in off center and called it good. Then came the suppressor test, 1st shoot was 7-8in low and 2in left. Concerned I checked the suppressor for tightness (it was) and removed to inspect (ok).
I then fired 3 more rounds unsuppressed and that group was now allover the place as well. Had 5 rounds of that box left so I reinstalled the can and with as much precision as I could muster squeezed of those remaining rounds and again huge dispersion. At threat point I stopped shooting the weapon altogether and went to shooting something else to try and rule out shooter. I used my HK MR556 and got great groups using that weapon which optic is an Acog TA31 with chevron.
I will clean MCX today to see if the barrel came loose a or any other abnormality and report back. If anyone can think of anything else I would appreciate the input. Never got to try subs but it definitely sounded quieter then the 556 with SF Socom.
Sent using iPhone.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll be shooting my 556 Ti QD Saturday (conjugal visit) out of my 10.5 AR. I'll report back. The few videos I've seen and people I've spoke with all day they are insanely quiet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll be shooting my 556 Ti QD Saturday (conjugal visit) out of my 10.5 AR. I'll report back. The few videos I've seen and people I've spoke with all day they are insanely quiet.
View Quote

Looking forward to your report!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I would stay away from their .22lr offering though. I've not heard it in person but I know someone who purchased one and hated it immediately, evidently it was an impulse buy. Said it was hardly hearing safe on a pistol. Dead air's sound testing also has it as second from the worst of all that they tested on pistols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiWBaizCf3Y
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I would stay away from their .22lr offering though. I've not heard it in person but I know someone who purchased one and hated it immediately, evidently it was an impulse buy. Said it was hardly hearing safe on a pistol. Dead air's sound testing also has it as second from the worst of all that they tested on pistols.

View Quote

A guy working at my SOT just had his Sig .22 clear. I fondled it on his 10/22 takedown SBR.  It is pretty fat, no idea how it sounds though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've heard it in person and it does have significant frp.  After that it's not terrible but it is a very large 22 can.  This was all on a 22/45 pistol btw.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#35]
The 22 mightnot perform but man the 556 does. My report and video is in the thread I made.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#36]
The rifle cans are great, the pistol cans are loud for what they are.

As far as who is running it, my guess is John Hollister is the main guy at Sig Silencers now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone else has been able to get their hands on one of these.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
. . .  They are scary quiet, at least the .30 cal models were. . .    They do sound very awesome though.
View Quote

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but:

- anyone know why they are so quiet?  (Or care to guess?)

Could it be s tight bore?  Baffle design?  Larger volume?  
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
. . .  They are scary quiet, at least the .30 cal models were. . .    They do sound very awesome though.

Removal of the tube and larger overall diameter results in ~40% more internal volume so long as the lengths are similar. More volume= More quiet.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Removal of the tube and larger overall diameter results in ~40% more internal volume so long as the lengths are similar. More volume= More quiet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!  40% more volume certainly explains the performance gain several of you have noticed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:44:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone else has been able to get their hands on one of these.
View Quote

These are currently in NFA jail at the Sig Pro Shop.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Shot mine in a GreenOps carbine class two weeks ago.  Reloads, Wolf, Tula, commercial brass ammo; everything just worked in my BCM 11.5" SBR with H buffer.  Very accurate, no malfunctions.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#43]
I've got a SRD762Ti in jail. Never thought I would even give Sig a chance but this past summer I was at a silencer shoot and heard something a few booths down that sounded amazing and I had to know what it was. It was either this can or maybe the QD Ti on a 300 BLK MCX. It was the quietest rifle at the shoot, even sounding as good as Liberty's integral that was quite impressive. I was also quite impressed with their 5.56 can (can't remember which one) on a 11.5 SBR. There aren't many reviews/information out there but a few videos (Capitol Armory IIRC) confirm just how effective some of the cans are.

Needless to say I picked up the direct thread 762Ti and can't wait to dedicate it to a .300 BLK build.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top