Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2016 6:37:01 PM EDT
Anybody using these Quick Detach Mounts and suppressor?  
Anyone using the .30 cal on a .223 or .22LR?  
Results?  
TIA
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the YHM QD mount on two AR's, a 16 in carbine and 20 in rifle with a YHM 3100- Titanium suppressor and have had great results.
I was quite surprised that I did not even experience any POI change on either of them and has been this was for three years now.
I have a 30. cal YHM suppressor in Jail currently to be used with my AR10 and 300 Blackout. I understand that the 30 cal can be
used on the 5.56 mounts but not the other way around. If the 30 cal works as well as the 5.56 model I will a happy guy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
They're freakin awesome
A lot of the F1 guys use the mounts, myself included. I'm using it in a 762x51 and 762x39, both 5/8x24

Why hang a heavy, sealed, centerfire can on a .22lr? Bad decision

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, on multiple 5.56, SBR and regular and also 6.8 and .308 (I have a 30 cal ULT).  They are rock solid
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
$56 mount makes it almost free!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use the YHM QD mount on two AR's, a 16 in carbine and 20 in rifle with a YHM 3100- Titanium suppressor and have had great results.
I was quite surprised that I did not even experience any POI change on either of them and has been this was for three years now.
I have a 30. cal YHM suppressor in Jail currently to be used with my AR10 and 300 Blackout. I understand that the 30 cal can be
used on the 5.56 mounts but not the other way around. If the 30 cal works as well as the 5.56 model I will a happy guy.
View Quote

$56 mount on the .22 M&P15-22 makes it almost free!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I will figure out how to reply to the right post eventually!!!  LOL.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes, on multiple 5.56, SBR and regular and also 6.8 and .308 (I have a 30 cal ULT).  They are rock solid
View Quote

I have an ULT TI  that is in jail. Bought it in the middle of march. How do you like it.?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have an ULT TI  that is in jail. Bought it in the middle of march. How do you like it.?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one on an 11.5" 6.8 and it is a great combo. I really like the QD system. Since I only use the ULT on the 6.8 SBR I can't compare suppression vs. my Omegas, but Big Waylon reports that suppression is similar. (The Omegas are not rated for under 16" on a 6.8.)

JPK
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

a lot.  I had the .30 cal Titanium QD prior and it is an inch or so shorter, a bit lighter.  It does really well on .308, 6.8, and as well as you can do on a 5.56 I guess (hearing safe for a while maybe, but not for prolonged sessions).

as far as versatility, I run the QD adapters on just about every rifle I have, so I can move around as desired.  I have one of the YHM muzzle brakes (sp), and holy crap, without the can, it rattles the teeth.

You'll enjoy it; built like a tank
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
a lot.  I had the .30 cal Titanium QD prior and it is an inch or so shorter, a bit lighter.  It does really well on .308, 6.8, and as well as you can do on a 5.56 I guess (hearing safe for a while maybe, but not for prolonged sessions).  

as far as versatility, I run the QD adapters on just about every rifle I have, so I can move around as desired.  I have one of the YHM muzzle brakes (sp), and holy crap, without the can, it rattles the teeth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love a break. I have them on both of my 300 blk. 16 inch and 10.5 inch barrels.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:10:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, guys.  Sounds like I won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:47:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I run the 30cal on my 10.3" 5.56 SBR

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I actually think that the QD mount they use is one of the better mounts out there.  My Phantom ratchets in place, stays locked up and has never come loose during shooting.  

Too bad the can is heavy and long.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I actually think that the QD mount they use is one of the better mounts out there.  My Phantom ratchets in place, stays locked up and has never come loose during shooting.  

View Quote

Upgrade to the ULT and you won't be disappointed!

JPK
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

JPK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JPK

Ehh, upgraded to a Sandman S
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I have an SS, LT, and Ti in .30 cal. Great value, sound, durability and most importantly, great mounting system.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Yankee Hill has the best mounting system IMO. If only they didn't have the ugliest mounts.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yankee Hill has the best mounting system IMO. If only they didn't have the ugliest mounts.
View Quote

Redesigned in 2016
Also, I modified mine so...
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Redesigned in 2016
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Redesigned in 2016

It's still ugly...
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's still ugly...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Redesigned in 2016

It's still ugly...

Ugly as sin, which is ok with me because I can't see the mount under the suppressor!  Thankfully the ULT is dedicated to a 6.8 SBR or I might have to look at the FH more often and longer. I can honestly say that I haven't had to look at the butt ugly FH for more than a few minutes since the stamp for my ULT came through.

JPK
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#22]

My 14.5" BCM SOCOM barrel with a 5.56 YHM mount pinned and welded by ADCO. I should have my can in the next few weeks, and I can't wait. In this light, my rifle looks like it's mildewing or has algae growing on it..
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the QD mount system.  I run a 30 cal Ti phantom that I can swap among the creedmoor, the Yugo SKS, the AR15s, etc.  I also made a QD golf ball launcher that works splendidly with 5.56 and 7.62x39 blanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top