User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2016 5:42:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well, might be 2 years before my Alpha comes home, but maybe in 2 months I can see it at my dealer and maybe shoot it.  I have a 5,45 AR w/16" barrel.  I run russian surplus, so it's corrosive, and cleaning the brake is kinda vital (or not I think all the devices are stainless?)  I'm looking at the taper mount hammer comp, the taper mount 2 port brake, and the taper mount flash comp.

I mean I don't really think I need a brake with 5.45, not like recoil is a issue, flash maybe.  Guess it's up to what looks cooler?
View Quote

I like the flash comp personally, but that's mostly an aesthetics thing.

As mentioned, the muzzle devices are all 17-4 stainless (save the Ti minimalist brake) and nitride treated so I don't think corrosion will be an issue for you. Moreover, simply spraying it off with a hose would flush out the corrosive salts anyway.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The 2 port brake will probably be the easiest to clean since that's important to you but the blast unsuppressed will be a lot more pronounced.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The hammer comp has 2 sacrificial baffles and really manages the muzzle well, I notice a difference between it and a standard A2 birdcage.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a few minimalist brakes and the flash comp and I really like them both.

If you value controlling flash over recoil management I think the flash comp is marginally better at that. That being said, the hammer comp is no slouch either and might be easier on your suppressor, but looks like it might be tough to clean.

That being said, when you put your Alpha the flash will be contained no matter what muzzle device you have on there.

This video is a little older but the into should still be relevant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3g3otebce4
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Muzzle brakes for tanks and artillery. Sacrificial baffle, blah,blah,blah,blah...... I prefer flash hiders for rifles. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#10]
So looking add purchasing the hammer comp or flash comp.  This is gong on a 14.5".  Will either of these take it to 16" OAL when pinned?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top