Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2016 5:57:22 PM EDT
Opinions needed on Integrally Suppressed Ruger 10/22 (rifle and/or barrel only) manufacturers

I started looking today and there are far more options than I expected. I'm interested in a monocore baffle. Accuracy out to 50 yards. Varmint elimination and target shooting. Must be user disassemble-able.

Not sure whether I want to re-barrrel one of my 10/22s and put it in a new stock or buy a complete rifle. Also not sure if I want to do a 10/22 takedown or a standard 10/22. I have a half dozen 22LR suppressors and just want something different.

So far I have read up on the following: Gemtech, Great Lakes Tactical, Innovative Arms, Thompson Machine, and YHM

Are there any others out there worth mentioning?

Opinions from you that have one?

(I swear to god I looked everywhere for a thread on this subject)
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
So far, this is what I have found:

Gemtech MIST-22 1-piece barrel - MSRP $550
Aluminum body / Aluminum Core
http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/MIST-22-p929.htm

Gemtech MIST-22TD Takedown barrel - MSRP $550
Aluminum body / Aluminum Core
http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/MIST-22-p929.htm

Great Lakes Tactical Integrally Suppressed 10/22 rifle - MSRP $1050
Stainless Steel body / Stainless Steel core
https://gltactical.com/?product=integrally-suppressed-1022

Great Lakes Tactical Integrally Suppressed 10/22 barrel - MSRP $590
Stainless Steel body / Stainless Steel core
https://gltactical.com/product/integrally-suppressed-1022-barrel-only/

Innovative Arms 10/22 1-piece rifle - MSRP $1095
Aluminum body / Stainless Steel Core
http://innovativearms.com/portfolio/1022-takedown-integral/

Innovative Arms 10/22 Takedown rifle - MSRP $1150
Aluminum body / Stainless Steel Core
http://innovativearms.com/portfolio/1022-takedown-integral/

Thompson Machine The Operative barrel - MSRP $676
4130 Steel body / 6061 Aluminum core
http://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=14

Thompson Machine The Operative C rifle - MSRP $999
4130 Steel body / 6061 Aluminum core

Thompson Machine The Operative TD rifle - MSRP $1195
304 Stainless Steel body / 6061 Aluminum core

YHM-8900 10/22 Integrally Suppressed rifle - MSRP $1025
Stainless Steel body / ??? core
http://yhm.net/10-22-integrally-suppressed-rifle-1148.html

YHM-4000 10/22 Ingegrally Suppressed barrel - MSRP $744
Stainless Steel body / ??? core
http://yhm.net/10-22-integrally-suppressed-barrels-1423.html
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an integral 10/22 and 77/22 from TBA.  Quietest out there from what i gather.....and i have no reason to think otherwise.....and why i had them built by him. Also have a thompson machine integral 10/22.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 10/22 DIY build with Gemtech Mist 10/22 barrel. It is the ported version. I am happy with it. I have no other 10/22 suppressed firearms to compare it against.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Paging Compuvette
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This thread is literally 5 or 6 down from this one! I went with the Pinnacle 2 after doing all of the research I could. It's still in jail so I can't give you any first hand knowledge yet.

ETA: The Pinnacle 2 is manufactured by Liberty Suppressors.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I did a lot of research and settled on the mist from Gemtech. The price & availability put it over the edge for me vs the Pinnacle 2. If that wasn't a factor I probably would have chosen a Pinnacle 2. The Mist is by far my quietest suppressed rifle, especially with a cushioned bolt buffer pin. Shooting CCI quiet for extra stealth (won't cycle the action) is just ridiculous, I mean I probably make more noise just opening my back door when I go outside to pop a few rounds off.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was trying to decide between an integral for a standard 10/22 vs the 10/22 TD, I went with the TD.  I figured I could SBR a standard 10/22 and just use one of my regular 22 cans.  I could have SBR's the TD also, but felt like I wasn't gaining a whole lot with that one.  Now, I will have a suppressed non-SBR'd 10/22 (the TD) so I can take it across state lines easier that can be made short by breaking it down.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:32:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe the mist used to be ported but isn't anymore?

I would think some type of adjustable port would be nice for using regular .22
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you fellas, much appreciated! MORE RESEARCH!

I can't believe I forgot about Liberty Suppressors, the Mystic was one of my first suppressors and I have been a fan of their products (but not their prices) for a long time I'll have to look at the Pinnacle 2. Can't believe I overlooked that thread.

Does anybody here have the Innovative Arms or YHM models?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:15:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an integral 10/22 and 77/22 from TBA.  Quietest out there from what i gather.....and i have no reason to think otherwise.....and why i had them built by him. Also have a thompson machine integral 10/22.
View Quote

This is a K-baffle based suppressor, correct?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I believe the mist used to be ported but isn't anymore?

I would think some type of adjustable port would be nice for using regular .22
View Quote

Correct, the first generation were ported, but the new MIST barrels are no longer ported.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thank you fellas, much appreciated! MORE RESEARCH!

I can't believe I forgot about Liberty Suppressors, the Mystic was one of my first suppressors and I have been a fan of their products (but not their prices) for a long time I'll have to look at the Pinnacle 2. Can't believe I overlooked that thread.

Does anybody here have the Innovative Arms or YHM models?
View Quote

I have an innovative arms integral cmmg 22lr upper for an AR.  They do nice work.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a Thompson operative takedown and love it. Most of the others were not available when I bought it but it works great.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you find the  Operative TD to be accurate with shortened barrel?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This thread is literally 5 or 6 down from this one! I went with the Pinnacle 2 after doing all of the research I could. It's still in jail so I can't give you any first hand knowledge yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's my thread.  Of the three integral cans I have, I rate the Liberty 1st, Gem-tech 2nd, and the HTA a distant 3rd.  The Liberty is scary quiet even with bulk pack.  I've yet to have a single round go supersonic.  The Gem-tech Mist (I have the TD version) is super quiet with subsonics, I'd say it's just as quiet as the Liberty but I've got to give the edge to the Liberty as you can shoot anything.  The HTA is OK, but even with all three ports open I still get about 10% of the rounds that crack.  Plus the can is comfortably quiet but not in the same league as the other two.

I've shot the Gemtech and the Liberty a bunch more since I posted that thread and I am very pleased with both.  The TD setup with the Mist is super handy and the Pinnacle setup is a great bench gun.  I am planning on building another rifle with the HTA, but I'm not sure what route I'm doing yet.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep, that's my thread.  Of the three integral cans I have, I rate the Liberty 1st, Gem-tech 2nd, and the HTA a distant 3rd.  The Liberty is scary quiet even with bulk pack.  I've yet to have a single round go supersonic.  The Gem-tech Mist (I have the TD version) is super quiet with subsonics, I'd say it's just as quiet as the Liberty but I've got to give the edge to the Liberty as you can shoot anything.  The HTA is OK, but even with all three ports open I still get about 10% of the rounds that crack.  Plus the can is comfortably quiet but not in the same league as the other two.

I've shot the Gemtech and the Liberty a bunch more since I posted that thread and I am very pleased with both.  The TD setup with the Mist is super handy and the Pinnacle setup is a great bench gun.  I am planning on building another rifle with the HTA, but I'm not sure what route I'm doing yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you very much for the detail I appreciate it. I've been reading your thread.

One question: you said that the Pinnacle setup is a great bench gun. Why do you consider it a bench gun? Is it really heavy compared to the Mist, or is that just because it is a non-TD version of the 10/22?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#19]
For a while, PHD said Gemtech would port your unported barrel for you for shipping plus a nominal fee but recently someone told me this may not longer be the case.  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thank you very much for the detail I appreciate it. I've been reading your thread.

One question: you said that the Pinnacle setup is a great bench gun. Why do you consider it a bench gun? Is it really heavy compared to the Mist, or is that just because it is a non-TD version of the 10/22?

Thanks again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again.

It's just the way I have my rifle setup.  Bipod and a target turret scope.  I think the Liberty might be a little heavier than the Mist.  The TD Mist setup makes a really handy little rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:38:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For a while, PHD said Gemtech would port your unported barrel for you for shipping plus a nominal fee but recently someone told me this may not longer be the case.  Anyone know?
View Quote

Don't know if they still do it, but I've heard from multiple owners of the ported version to leave mine alone.  Not consistently subsonic and A LOT dirtier.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do you find the  Operative TD to be accurate with shortened barrel?
View Quote

I'm very happy with the accuracy. I have a Leupold 2x7 and a Kidd trigger. Getting one hole at 25 yards but haven't put it on paper at 50. I believe it is a green mountain barrel to start with.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#23]
dont forget to check out

http://www.radicalfirearms.com/product-p/s10-22.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top