Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
How many folks are on your trust?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Two of them. Longtime LE friend and his wife. Only two people I trust other than my blood kin.

I talked to the guy at the gun store that did my paperwork, he told me that now with the implementation of 41-F, "they", as part of the trust, have to get their fingerprints and pictures and add them to the packet.

Now, I'm REALLY confused.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, some folks like to only focus on the removal of CLEO approval as explaining how 41F is such a great thing.  They conveniently forget to mention that if you are filing on a Trust you now have to get prints/photos of all responsible parties on the Trust. Hence the stampede of everyone filing pre 41F.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No.

The only reason this is a clusterfuck is because the OP doesn't know what he's doing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a good example of what a clusterfuck 41f is going to be.

Yep it's a cluster fuck by design. Glad I spent all the pre41f money I did

Yup

No.

The only reason this is a clusterfuck is because the OP doesn't know what he's doing.

This.  There is nothing clusterfuck about it.  OP had no idea what to do.  Getting finger prints and photos is very simple.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:  Two of them. Longtime LE friend and his wife. Only two people I trust other than my blood kin.

I talked to the guy at the gun store that did my paperwork, he told me that now with the implementation of 41-F, "they", as part of the trust, have to get their fingerprints and pictures and add them to the packet.

Now, I'm REALLY confused.
View Quote

On this point, he's correct.  Which is why I asked how many folks are on your trust.  Fingerprints & photos of all trustees in the trust, everytime you file for a new stamp w/ that trust.

You can take the fingerprints & photos yourself.

This has been discussed for several months here - you're just the first victim slogging through it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
you're just the first victim slogging through it.
View Quote

Dammit. Like I need more reminders of what a dumbass I am.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know of 41f but know nothing about it?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been on the fence about purchasing a silencer for a long time and I read about 41F... I just did not read deep enough into the new regulation to know all the ins and outs of it; finally, i get some disposable income to purchase the silencer, but it was late for me to grandfather the silencer into the Trust, so now, I have to deal with the new regulations, which obviously, i did not read deep enough into it to understand the changes.

Now that I have done that; I am more aware of the changes.

Guess you can say that I am the typical macho, "I don't need directions, I know where we're going" kind of person.

But I know more now than I did before and I hope that me going blindly and stupidly through this whole drama will serve as a learning lesson and warning to others to NOT go the route I went.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:14:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  you're just the first victim slogging through it.

No, no, you're not a dumbass.  You're the guy writing the new post 41f NFA FAQ.  

You're a hero.  41f, the BATFE, and the NFA, are all designed to prevent you from exercising your 2nd Amendment rights.  You said fuck it, game on.  You're @ 2nd & 3.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
41f, the BATFE, and the NFA, are all designed to prevent you from exercising your 2nd Amendment rights.  You said fuck it, game on.  You're @ 2nd & 3.
View Quote

I am definitely exercising my 2A; it's what all red-blooded Americans should do. I did not get that NRA Eagle on my account just so I can brag about it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Well? Is in the mail. Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#13]
We want pics of the fingerprinting process!
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#14]

OMFG! You had to write out Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms & Explosives or else it ends up at the Board of Anonymous Tubby Fudge Eaters. Can you get it back from the post office before it goes out to the sort facility??!??!?

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#15]
IBTTC
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

OMFG! You had to write out Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms & Explosives or else it ends up at the Board of Anonymous Tubby Fudge Eaters. Can you get it back from the post office before it goes out to the sort facility??!??!?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Anonymous Tubby Fudge Eaters?!

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We want pics of the fingerprinting process!
View Quote

It was done the old fashioned way...

The same way I learned at the MP Academy. None of this digital mumbo-jumbo that we use these days. Who needs clean fingers? WE USED INK PADS AND PAPER AND THEN LEAVE YOU TO WIPE THE INK OFF YOUR HANDS FOR 20 MINUTES, EVEN AFTER WASHING YOUR HANDS TWICE WITH SOAP AND HOT WATER.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine is going in the mail tomorrow.  I'm sending the ATF stuff Priority Mail, and the CLEO notification Certified, Return Receipt.   I could have left the CLEO notification with the Sheriff who fingerprinted me, but then how could I prove I submitted it?  So he'll get his in the mail and when I get the Return Receipt back, I have all the proof I need that I sent it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mine is going in the mail tomorrow.  I'm sending the ATF stuff Priority Mail, and the CLEO notification Certified, Return Receipt.   I could have left the CLEO notification with the Sheriff who fingerprinted me, but then how could I prove I submitted it?  So he'll get his in the mail and when I get the Return Receipt back, I have all the proof I need that I sent it.
View Quote

Honestly - who cares? ATF doesn't ask you to provide proof of submission to the CLEO.  All of us C&R folks have been sending copies of our application to the CLEO for many years now. Never once have I been asked to provide proof that it was sent nor does the ATF require that I retain any kind of proof.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I hand-delievered mine and was done with it; they could stick it up their asses for all I care. I did my part.

Now, the fun part has begun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I hand-delievered mine and was done with it; they could stick it up their asses for all I care. I did my part.

View Quote

In all my years of dealing with NFA, I have never heard anyone refer to the exhausting wait as "fun"

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In all my years of dealing with NFA, I have never heard anyone refer to the exhausting wait as "fun"

Good Luck!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Luck!

Trust me; it is not my first rodeo... But unless the entire process is scrapped and redone to minimize the waiting time. I can't do squat other than wait.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Trust me; it is not my first rodeo... But unless the entire process is scrapped and redone to minimize the waiting time. I can't do squat other than wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Luck!

You can pass the as you call "fun" wait time by buying other NFA items.  Thats what I do anyways.  Keep one comming about once a month so between research and pickup plenty to keep busy during the wait.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You can pass the as you call "fun" wait time by buying other NFA items.  Thats what I do anyways.  Keep one comming about once a month so between research and pickup plenty to keep busy during the wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Luck!

Well? Now that you mention it; u could SBR this...

Maybe get another can...

I dunno.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Paperwork was received on 08/05/2016 and the check was cashed on 08/09/16; One step closer.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top