Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/21/2016 1:18:07 PM EDT
Forms sent 5-12-16...not even made it into the system yet....

Just called 081216....she said they are just now entering forms from the end of April.

Update 083016 - Very Strange....as documented in this thread, I called again and was told this time it was pending.  I asked Melissa when it went pending and she said the funds were received May 23.  Well yes, I know that as I used  Capitol Armory.  I guess I should have asked when the paper work was entered.....it certainly was not entered May 23.

Anywho, they are in know.

Just FYI

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

That doesn't bode well.  I've got Forms that were sent in 5/10....mebbe they juuuuust slipped in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
NFA branch is currently about 200k behind with form 4 entry.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
3/30/16... Not pending yet.  Told me they are currently entering late March when I called Tuesday.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3/30/16... Not pending yet.  Told me they are currently entering late March when I called Tuesday.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy cow! We may realistically be looking at a 12-18 month wait......

for what its worth (nothing) i contacted all my reps, the speaker, and house oversight committee today to tell them how ridiculous the wait was.  I guess I should hide my dogs and pepper my angus now....
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm late March as well, what's the estimated wait from here?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

for what its worth (nothing) i contacted all my reps, the speaker, and house oversight committee today to tell them how ridiculous the wait was.  I guess I should hide my dogs and pepper my angus now....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I work in politics, as far as 2A advocacy goes, C3 wait times are way down the totem pole of concerns.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no precedent for this.  Could be 6 months or two years.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
WOW. that dosnt bode well for my 5-17 form 4
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Griffin Recce 7
-Submitted 2/5/16

Dead Air Mask HD
-Submitted 3/4/16

300 Blackout SBR
-Submitted 2/15/16

Silencerco Osprey 9
-Submitted 6/15/16

22 LR SBR
-Submitted 7/1/16

The waiting never ends.........
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]
My check is cashed can I go online somewhere to check status or do I have to call
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My check is cashed can I go online somewhere to check status or do I have to call
View Quote

Call
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up one today from pending 1-06-16 approved 6-27-16.  Stamp came in 7-18-16.

I have one about every 3 or 4 weeks after that up to about a week before 41f......gonna be getting them on and  off for prolly a year.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm expecting about 2 years
View Quote

That may actually be a realistic wait. Just a few years ago the wait was at least 12 months for a F4. The ATF hired a bunch more examiners and introduced eForms to get it down, then 41F happened. I might buy something if the wait gets back down to 6 months.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I picked up one today from pending 1-06-16 approved 6-27-16.  Stamp came in 7-18-16.

I have one about every 3 or 4 weeks after that up to about a week before 41f......gonna be getting them on and  off for prolly a year.
View Quote

Dude you are my hero.  Every 3-4 weeks?    
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did 21 from 4/27/16-7/12/16
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I submitted on the last day before 41F and my check was cashed within 5 days.

It's AMAZING how quickly they can process the paperwork for cashing the checks!!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Call
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call

If your check was just cashed, don't bother calling for many months. It won't be in the system for a long time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's AMAZING how quickly they can process the paperwork for cashing the checks!!!!
View Quote

Because it's not government employees processing the payments. BOA probably gets a fee for every application they process..
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
BOA probably gets a fee for every application they process..
View Quote

Too bad they don't get penalized for miss-keying your credit card number and rejecting the form...
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Because it's not government employees processing the payments. BOA probably gets a fee for every application they process..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's anything like filed taxes, they got to a bank where they remove the payment and process it before sending the forms to the guberment.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#24]
my form 3 was approved in april and my form 4 isn't in the system yet either. Lady on the phone said they are logging forms in from March.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That may actually be a realistic wait. Just a few years ago the wait was at least 12 months for a F4. The ATF hired a bunch more examiners and introduced eForms to get it down, then 41F happened. I might buy something if the wait gets back down to 6 months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm expecting about 2 years

I also agree. Minimum of 18 months. There is an all time high backlog as well as trying to get new processes up and running for 41P.

If we have Hillary as a President, you can certainly throw additional staffing out the window.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#26]
It has been 2 weeks since I checked, but my F4 from March 17 has still not become pending.

ETA: Just called today and it went "pending" on July 13th. 4 months just to get into Pending
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#27]
This is depressing....
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I can't agree enough with the above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too bad they don't get penalized for miss-keying your credit card number and rejecting the form...

I can't agree enough with the above.

Just a continuation of the lack of oversight
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#29]
My first dip into the world of NFA stuff is for a form 3 submitted on 7/7.  My local FFL won't even let me file the form 4 until they have the can in hand.  

Lets not even talk about wait times, okay talking about it is always interesting.  I went into this knowing I will not be taking possession for at least a year of the can but can at least use it while it is in purgatory at the local FFL's indoor range.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Word on the street is that data entry is still working on mid March forms.

Settle in boys.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had this happen to me. I sent a few in and all but one were fine. I called CC company and wanted to verify it wasn't rejected for fraud or something. They said they didn't decline a transaction.  Lesson learned. Checks from here on out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#32]
We stopped using CCs for payment. Had a $600 payment applied to only one serial#. The other two were returned without action. Another time we were charged $400 when only one suppressor was purchased. It all ended well enough once the ATF admitted the problem. Two people got their Form 4s approved in two weeks using the credit, and the original customer had his approved once the serial numbers were entered into the system. We on the other hand waited two months for the erroneous $400 for $200 charge to be credited.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

One mailed Monday, arrived Wednesday. $200 hit on Friday. -2 days from arrival to cashed-
One mailed Tuesday, arrived Thursday. $200 hit yesterday.-7 days from arrival to cashed-
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

When I called weeks ago, they stated 12 weeks. Two, three weeks ago they said 16 weeks behind, in entering forms. As someone stated (and per my post above) they grab the $$$ quickly! Should be instant, once the $ are received.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's no joke!  It happened to one of my forms.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

When I called weeks ago, they stated 12 weeks. Two, three weeks ago they said 16 weeks behind, in entering forms. As someone stated (and per my post above) they grab the $$$ quickly! Should be instant, once the $ are received.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Payment is processed by a 3rd party, before ATF even receives your forms. No sense filling their backlog with forms that have issues regarding payment. Once you've bought your $200 spot in line, then the waiting can start.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#38]
By the time a new suppressor comes out and finally gets in the hand of a consumer it will be old news.

I have definitely toned down on looking in this forum lately and not even looking at cans online anymore.  I can actually say im glad I don't have any cans in jail and don't really want any of the cans currently on the market.

The only thing I have pending is a Form 1 for a CZ Scorpion which I have in pistol form now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Payment is processed by a 3rd party, before ATF even receives your forms. No sense filling their backlog with forms that have issues regarding payment. Once you've bought your $200 spot in line, then the waiting can start.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know/understand. However, most things in life you pay and receive the goods asap! To all that stated BofA. My signed delivery forms say xxxx @ chase bank....
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I sent in 2 Form 4's (with 1 copy of my trust) on July 5th and was only charged $200 a few days later.
Does that mean one will be sent back with no action taken?

Edited to add: I submitted 1 Form 1 via e-file and was charged twice.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Both of mine are the first week of 07/16
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit... If they could apply that level of efficiency to approving forms, wait times would be way down
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No shit... If they could apply that level of efficiency to approving forms, wait times would be way down
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet another example of private sector being more efficient than the goverment. Are you surprised? Payments go to 3rd party, before paperwork is forwarded on for data entry/approval.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It has been 2 weeks since I checked, but my F4 from March 17 has still not become pending.

ETA: Just called today and it went "pending" on July 13th. 4 months just to get into Pending
View Quote

I called today on my F4 from March 15.  I got some snotty dude, must not realize he is in a service industry and I help pay his wage, that told me it would be 6-months before approval. I don't understand this, when I sent my F4 and the checked cashed it was 5 months. How can all the forms behind me cause mine to take longer? Shouldn't  the line being longer behind me not have any affect my time table?

Hope I didn't F'myself by calling and put me down in the stack further.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I called today on my F4 from March 15.  I got some snotty dude, must not realize he is in a service industry and I help pay his wage, that told me it would be 6-months before approval. I don't understand this, when I sent my F4 and the checked cashed it was 5 months. How can all the forms behind me cause mine to take longer? Shouldn't  the line being longer behind me not have any affect my time table?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the forms arrive in Atlanta they are being sent to Bank of America. They handle the payment then forward the forms to West Virginia where the forms sit in purgatory until an examiner processes it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

When the forms arrive in Atlanta they are being sent to Bank of America. They handle the payment then forward the forms to West Virginia where the forms sit in purgatory until an examiner processes it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is true but maybe you quoted the wrong person. I don't see how that's relevant haha. Check cashed is a great reference for pending but pending dates vary widely.
The guy that sounds Puerto Rican always hates life.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Icing on the cake is Iowa literally just got them legalized for private ownership outside of a FFL situation. So I have literally purchased them as fast as I was able and am still stuck in this mess. My Checks were cashed 7/5....
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Because the big rush started in Jan. When you checked earlier, it may have been 5 months, but that was for forms submitted 5 months before the day you called. The line has gotten longer every day since early Jan. Local dealer here did 4 months of 2015 business in the first ~25 days of Jan.

That's why you're hearing 9-18 months for forms submitted in July...because of the volume that grew from Jan-Jul.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the big rush started in Jan. When you checked earlier, it may have been 5 months, but that was for forms submitted 5 months before the day you called. The line has gotten longer every day since early Jan. Local dealer here did 4 months of 2015 business in the first ~25 days of Jan.

That's why you're hearing 9-18 months for forms submitted in July...because of the volume that grew from Jan-Jul.

Yep. Every day when the mailman comes, ATF is farther behind than the day before.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Icing on the cake is Iowa literally just got them legalized for private ownership outside of a FFL situation. So I have literally purchased them as fast as I was able and am still stuck in this mess. My Checks were cashed 7/5....
View Quote

Of course there's no way to actually find out but I'd be curious to know if this situation (IA legalization) is actually a statistically significant event in the wait increase.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top