Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2016 7:24:37 PM EDT
Went to pick up my Sico hybrid today and the guys at Capital Armory were telling me that I was the first hybrid that had been picked up from them and they were one of the first shops that had serial numbers way back in December...  They even gave me a free Sico shirt as my prize (several hundred dollars in accessories later) anyone else have their hands on a hybrid or was this just some first class customer service as I've come to expect form CA?

Gratuitous pic on my p229:

I'll answer any questions you guys have about it, planning on shooting it out at my deer lease on Saturday on a few different hosts so no actual testing until then.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice
Is that your first pistol can?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice
Is that your first pistol can?
View Quote

Yeah, had a gen1 YHM stainless phantom (what a brick) and a spectre II before this one.  Pretty stoked even if it is on the big and heavy side for a pistol can.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't look all that huge on the pistol!
I've got several months yet before mine form 4's so we'll live through you!
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL no.  I've had mine for 2 weeks actually.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been shooting mine at my dealer's range, but it'll be a while before I bring it home.  I've been impressed with it so far.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LOL no.  I've had mine for 2 weeks actually.
View Quote

I'm going over a month. Lol.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm jealous.  I ordered the day they came out but had to wait on a form 3.  I sent in my form 4 (individual) on 3/29 so October?? for me.

Let us know what you think, I'm interested in real world reviews.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Shot a Hybrid side by side (at an outdoor range, earlier this week) with an Octane 45, both on 9mm Glock 17's.
They were so close in noise reduction that the ten people behind me really couldn't pick one over the other, as far as perceived noise reduction.
To me, there was a (very) slightly more bass tone to the Hybrid, but only if you were really trying to hear it. About half couldn't hear it.
When shooting them alternately 3 seconds apart, sometimes alternating,  sometimes two or three shots out of one or the other  -with their backs turned, no one could tell which was which.

I would not choose to shoot either  in supersonic 9mm without light foam ear plugs.  In subsonic 9mm, it is right on the edge of no plugs, for me. I'll wear plugs anyway.
I would shoot the Octane (or Osprey) in .45ACP all day with no ear plugs, and hope to test the Hybrid on a .45 as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Checks cashed on my 2 hybrids 6-7-16.  :(
Long wait yet
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:40:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine went pending 3-7-16.
Hybrid and a DA Mask due in a couple weeks.

You guys that have them owe us videos!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Any of you with the hybrid and omega?
Comparison shootings expected!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Saw a post from CA on Instagram about you, I assume, being their first approved Hybrid. Pic of your can and some swag.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#13]
i have two omegas but its gonna be a long wait till i can bring my hybrid home. next time i shoot with my sot buddy ill ask him to bring my hybrid
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Saw a post from CA on Instagram about you, I assume, being their first approved Hybrid. Pic of your can and some swag.
View Quote

Hah yeah they said a big batch of approved hybrids came back all at the same time, I was just the first to come pick one up.  He snapped a pic on my way out to document the occasion.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any of you with the hybrid and omega?
Comparison shootings expected!
View Quote

My Hybrid is quieter than my Omega on 300blk subs and supers. With flat end caps.

I haven't tried it in .308 or 45-70 yet and will never try it on pistols.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Went to pick up my Sico hybrid today and the guys at Capital Armory were telling me that I was the first hybrid that had been picked up from them and they were one of the first shops that had serial numbers way back in December...  They even gave me a free Sico shirt as my prize (several hundred dollars in accessories later) anyone else have their hands on a hybrid or was this just some first class customer service as I've come to expect form CA?

Gratuitous pic on my p229:
<a href="http://s197.photobucket.com/user/hadriel_photos/media/Guns/725A6BF0-A9E0-4F52-8364-311517F100E0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa71/hadriel_photos/Guns/725A6BF0-A9E0-4F52-8364-311517F100E0.jpg</a>

I'll answer any questions you guys have about it, planning on shooting it out at my deer lease on Saturday on a few different hosts so no actual testing until then.
View Quote

Gratuitous YETI pic too

Congrats.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#17]
What's in the box?  Any direct thread mounts?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:34:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Bought mine 3 weeks ago. I was going to buy another Omega 9k, but decided on a Hybrid. I am so glad I did.

My LGS also has a range so I do conjugal visits at least three time a week.

The Hybrid is soooooooo quiet! I love it.

My 9k is a great can on a PCC/PDW, but is not that quiet.

Now I have to find a treaded 45/70 or 45 colt lever gun
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:59:32 AM EDT
[#19]
my shop doesnt have a range.. i hate all of you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm jealous.  I ordered the day they came out but had to wait on a form 3.  I sent in my form 4 (individual) on 3/29 so October?? for me.

View Quote

That's the spirit! Stay positive!

I've got some submitted in that time frame and I don't expect to see them this year
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've got some submitted in that time frame and I don't expect to see them this year
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me dream!
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm pending as of 4-4, I hope to have it in September. Excited to see hands on range reports from owners now

Edit. The shit? You guys are saying a lot longer than that now. Bah
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm pending as of 4-4, I hope to have it in September. Excited to see hands on range reports from owners now

Edit. The shit? You guys are saying a lot longer than that now. Bah
View Quote

Be excited if you can use it to execute the thanksgiving turkey
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What's in the box?  Any direct thread mounts?
View Quote

Comes with a .46 cal flat endcap, a piston housing (no piston) and a 5/8" direct thread mount.  I ended up buying the ASR mount, a piston and two ASR brakes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would. I think its very reasonable to expect them by end of 2016.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#26]
The check for mine was cashed 7/15 so I expect to get it back sometime just after the heat death of the universe.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:16:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I purchased two. Both late June. Luckily I have other projects I'm enjoying so out-of sight out of mind is in full affect.

Congrats to all who have received them. I am curious to read reviews.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I hate you.  Still waiting on mine.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#29]
You may ne the first from Capitol Armory.  Submitted Form 4 on January 3rd and picked up on June 9th.  I'm sure there may be others who received theirs bedore me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Checks were cashed on my in june alone with the eight others I shot a hybrid 3 months ago at a machine gun shoot. Thats why I bought one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Checks were cashed on my in june alone with the eight others I shot a hybrid 3 months ago at a machine gun shoot. Thats why I bought one.
View Quote

What did you shoot it on?  I intend to try mine on an m11/9 when both clear.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Just handguns. That's what I shot it on. I'm not sure of everything the owner was shooting it on. I had guns on my table shooting long range M40a5, SCAR17 ect and did not want to leave unattended to long
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I ran a few mags through with the sig pictured in the OP.  Have to sight thru the can because of the OD, but was pretty accurate even so.  147gr was extremely quiet and pleasant to shoot, but the 115gr cheap stuff I had was a little loud.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#34]
FYI  OP if you register with Sico they will send you a free shirt also.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Did it feel excessively large for a handgun?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Took my hybrid out with the meter today to do a little testing, hosts used were Springfield xdm 9mm and sig mpx. I tested 1 meter left of the muzzle and at both ears, when I have more time I will detail out every shot but for this I will give the average at each position.

First I shot the XDM
1m left of muzzle avg. was 138.1db
At right ear avg. was 130.1 db
At left ear avg was 130.2 db

Next was the sig mpx w/8"barrel
1m left of muzzle avg. was 137.68
At right ear avg. was 130.2
At left ear avg. was 133.8

Ammo was Fiocchi 158 gr.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Took my hybrid out with the meter today to do a little testing, hosts used were Springfield xdm 9mm and sig mpx. I tested 1 meter left of the muzzle and at both ears, when I have more time I will detail out every shot but for this I will give the average at each position.
View Quote

This is great information! I can't wait to get mine.

Two questions:

1) Were you using the .45 end cap?

2) What meter do you have?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I used the 9mm end cap and have a Larson Davis lxt1 meter.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Waiting on my hybrid also    I went to buy a 7.62 TI and fell in love with the Hybrid while at my local class 3 shop.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

How do those numbers stack up against others you have metered?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First I have metered, waiting on some other cans and will compare when I get them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#42]
my buddy got his form 4 trust about a month ago.  dealer had it in stock almost the day they were released.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 4:25:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I got the email from Hansohn Brothers yesterday to tell me he had my stamp and i could come get my hybrid. I'm out of town and won't be able to get it until next weekend though. I bought it/ filed January 8 and got the email from Hansohn on August 13 so 7 months and 5 days. I'm in the middle of a 458 socom build at the moment and will probably shoot it on my scorpion some while I wait on my omega 9k.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Getting the process started on my first suppressor this week so I definitely won't be the first with a hybrid in hand. For those that have shot both, hybrid or omega for my first can? Only caliber I want to suppress that the omega won't cover is 9mm on an AR and glock 17. I can get the omega now and a dedicated pistol can down the road but don't see the point if the hybrid with different end caps is similar in performance. Diasadvantage I see with the hybrid is $200 more for an ASR mount and muzzle break, then two more $70 end caps. Any advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#45]
In my testing the Hybrid metered better on 5.56 than the omega (it is also considerably larger), the numbers on 9mm weren't that good. If it were me I would go omega and then a dedicated 9mm can later. The two were close enough in numbers to not make any difference and the omega is much smaller in length.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
In my testing the Hybrid metered better on 5.56 than the omega (it is also considerably larger), the numbers on 9mm weren't that good. If it were me I would go omega and then a dedicated 9mm can later. The two were close enough in numbers to not make any difference and the omega is much smaller in length.
View Quote

Appreciate it. The length doesn't bother me as much as weight. I've just got to decide if a dedicated pistol can is worth another 800 - $1000 for it and stamp or if I would be happy with the hybrid. The decison would be easier if the hybrid came with at least the qd mount and muzzle break like the omega for the price.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Omega first, hybrid or dedicated pistol can next.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Omega first, hybrid or dedicated pistol can next.
View Quote

Thanks. Looks like I'll stick with the omega. Going to purchase a Thunderbeast 22 takedown at the same time and will save the pistol can for later.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thanks. Looks like I'll stick with the omega. Going to purchase a Thunderbeast 22 takedown at the same time and will save the pistol can for later.
View Quote

Excellent choices. When it comes time for the handgun suppressor, consider the Dead Air Ghost or Rugged Obsidian.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#50]
I picked mine up last Friday. Only shot a few rounds threw it on my 18" barrel .308
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top