Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2016 12:57:00 AM EDT
Looking for feedback on 3 lug adapters for the AAC Ti-Rant 9.

AAC makes the Triad and then JB Tactical makes a Titanium version, and looking for feedback on the two and if the JB is worth the extra $100 over the AAC.

Any feedback in general on the 3 lug adapters, how often they need to be cleaned and how well they work when dirty is appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had an AAC for a year.  No issues on my two MP5 clone SBR's.  I haven't done any extensive shooting yet so no cleaning.  Probably due though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the AAC 3-lug. I haven't had to clean mine yet. I wouldn't pay a $100 extra for a Ti version.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Tangentially, I was unhappy about what AAC charges for a 3 lug so I decided to keep my Ti-rant just for pistols and buy a dedicated subgun can
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was unhappy about what AAC charges for a 3 lug
View Quote

So was I but my only alternative cost $100 more. My AAC 3-lug cost $228 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I run a JB Tactical mount on my TiRant 45 on a TROS tri lug adapter.  I am 100% pleased with it.  I would rather buy from a small shop like JB Tactical than Freedom Group.  All my AAC products are pre Freedom Group.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OK, here goes this will probably derail fast so apologies in advance.

To clear up rumors, gunshop drama, internet gossip... Freedom Group is no longer. It doesn't exist. This is a fact and it was dissolved almost 3 years ago. Please stop perpetuating this.

The 3 lug we offer is costly and so is the manufacturing process as we don't make thousands of them. It is also one of the best on the market and works perfectly. We realize you have a choice when shopping for product and for those of you that have one we appreciate the business.

"Puts helmet on and hunkers down..."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I run a JB Tactical mount on my TiRant 45 on a TROS tri lug adapter.  I am 100% pleased with it.  I would rather buy from a small shop like JB Tactical than Freedom Group.  All my AAC products are pre Freedom Group.

To clear up rumors, gunshop drama, internet gossip... Freedom Group is no longer. It doesn't exist. This is a fact and it was dissolved almost 3 years ago. Please stop perpetuating this.

The 3 lug we offer is costly and so is the manufacturing process as we don't make thousands of them. It is also one of the best on the market and works perfectly. We realize you have a choice when shopping for product and for those of you that have one we appreciate the business.

I would think you produce more 3 lugs or at least have a larger base than Gemtech or liberty. They seem to produce a unit for about 2/3 the cost. You don't owe any of us a rationale on profits or margins but do you guys do something proprietary or extra that the aforementioned don't do? Does the AAC unit have a performance edge?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So was I but my only alternative cost $100 more. My AAC 3-lug cost $228 shipped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was unhappy about what AAC charges for a 3 lug

Not only that but I think it looks like ass compared to the AAC 3 lug. It also "looks" to add a decent amount of OAL.

I have the 3 lug AAC adapter and I have zero complaints. Works like its suppose to. Easy on, easy off. Its never worked loose. It looks good too.

Id say I thought it was somewhat expensive, but then again, what in NFA is exactly cheap?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be happy when AAC decides to sell/stock the Evolution-9 3-lug mount.  I haven't been able to buy one for a year now.  Now that there are a LOT more MP5 clone options out there, I'd imagine they would sell them quickly - but they have to make them first.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I got my Evo and Ti-Rant 3-lugs using my Damn the Man credits so I didn't really feel the sting of a $200 3-lug mount.

AAC's 3-lug mount definitely has some nice features including the piece that covers/sits in the grooves that the piston teeth sit in to reduce some of the fouling.

It did take me awhile to figure out how everything was oriented when I first got it.

Hopefully they'll be back in stock soon for you guys that are looking to buy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got my Evo and Ti-Rant 3-lugs using my Damn the Man credits so I didn't really feel the sting of a $200 3-lug mount.

AAC's 3-lug mount definitely has some nice features including the piece that covers/sits in the grooves that the piston teeth sit in to reduce some of the fouling.

It did take me awhile to figure out how everything was oriented when I first got it.

Hopefully they'll be back in stock soon for you guys that are looking to buy.
View Quote

Yup!

I bought mine from a member and was wondering if something was amiss or missing a piece. Took me a minute to realize the piece similar to a "castle" nut for the lack a better term fit into the grooves like you describe.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an SW5 with a three lug barrel under the faux can. I am going to SBR the SW5. All I will need for my Ti-Rant 45 to work on the SW5 is your $200 adapter?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top