Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2016 3:19:14 PM EDT
I am getting ready to make my first suppressor purchase, well probably first two purchases.  I am going to be filing as an individual so I was going to wait until after July 13 to do the form 4.  My question is should I go ahead and make a purchase to get the form 3 started so that it would arrive around the time 41f hits and I could start the form 4 as quickly as possible afterwards, or do you think prices will come down enough after 41f to make it worth waiting?  If it matters I was planning on picking up an Obsidian and either a Mask or Spectre (my LGS has a spectre so if I go that route I could wait until July to purchase it)

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can wait, there were some awesome deals last Labor Day.  I can't imagine that a few months would really matter in your situation.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you can wait, there were some awesome deals last Labor Day.  I can't imagine that a few months would really matter in your situation.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up.  I won't be able to get all the to Labor Day before buying something, but I might put off the rimfire can until then.  I just didn't know if there would be big price drops after 41f when demand drops down that would justify waiting a little bit longer.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up.  I won't be able to get all the to Labor Day before buying something, but I might put off the rimfire can until then.  I just didn't know if there would be big price drops after 41f when demand drops down that would justify waiting a little bit longer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think if you find the item you want at a good price then go ahead with the form 3 to get the wait started. I do not expect big price drops. There will likely be a lot of people like you that will be filing individually after 41f since they no longer have to get cleo signature, just the cleo notification requirement.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#4]
If I had money in hand,  I wouldn't wait,  if nothing else to get the toys coming sooner than later. Since you say your not in a hurry,  makeep sure you get exactly what you want and if you don't know,  research the hell out of it so you don't have regrets later.

I would buy my TacSol Axiom and DA Masks twenty times over if I was forced to replace them today. That and a good rotary tumbler with SS pins so you can shoot everyday all day til the cows come home.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think if you find the item you want at a good price then go ahead with the form 3 to get the wait started. I do not expect big price drops. There will likely be a lot of people like you that will be filing individually after 41f since they no longer have to get cleo signature, just the cleo notification requirement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't think about this.  I'm just going to go ahead and get the process started as soon as I find an obsidian in stock.  I think I will put off the rimfire since they are easier to find locally.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Just buy it. Better to get it done with.

Also, trusts are pretty sweet. It may cost you $100 or so, but it's so nice to be able to easily add your wife, etc. down the road.

I have items registered as an individual and on two different trusts. I wish they were all on a trust.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 3:50:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

^This

I bet the no CLEO signature rush will be just as big as the 41P rush has been with the trust...

I have been waiting on a Obsidian for months... When you find what you want just pull the trigger and get the ball rolling

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am getting ready to make my first suppressor purchase, well probably first two purchases.  I am going to be filing as an individual so I was going to wait until after July 13 to do the form 4.  My question is should I go ahead and make a purchase to get the form 3 started so that it would arrive around the time 41f hits and I could start the form 4 as quickly as possible afterwards, or do you think prices will come down enough after 41f to make it worth waiting?  If it matters I was planning on picking up an Obsidian and either a Mask or Spectre (my LGS has a spectre so if I go that route I could wait until July to purchase it)

Thanks
View Quote

I agree with others, if you have the funds I wouldn't wait. Not sure if you're wanting to buy local only but Tar Heel State Firearms has S/N's for the Obsidian and his website also shows the Dead Air Mask in stock. I know there are good dealers out there but of all the places I've dealt with I'd put Scott at the top of the list by far. I can assure you, the first time you pull the trigger suppressed you'll be very happy you didn't wait!
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Like others have said, I'd go ahead and get them now. Or at the very least get one of them, so you will have something to enjoy sooner than later while you wait for better deals/sales, etc.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I didn't think about this.  I'm just going to go ahead and get the process started as soon as I find an obsidian in stock.  I think I will put off the rimfire since they are easier to find locally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call/check with Tar Heel State Firearms in NC. I think they may have Obsidians available. They are great to work with.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I ended up grabbing an obsidian from silencer shop.  I called them and they said they would hold off doing the form 4 until july 13 for me.  Thanks for all of the input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top