Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because it's about the long game. You get your prints (and I think photo) taken once at the kiosk. Now Silencer Shop has them on file. The next time you want a silencer from Silencer Shop, you point - click - and buy and Silencer Shop already has everything on file. No more having to go get another set of prints taken. The whole Powered By process keeps on rolling and 41F's inconvenience becomes less so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I don't get the whole Kiosk program... according to the ATF anyone with the proper equipment (Fingerprint cards and Ink pad) can collect prints.

why doesn't silencer shop just send a some ink pads to every dealer? (FBI print cards are FREE)... just saved them millions

Because it's about the long game. You get your prints (and I think photo) taken once at the kiosk. Now Silencer Shop has them on file. The next time you want a silencer from Silencer Shop, you point - click - and buy and Silencer Shop already has everything on file. No more having to go get another set of prints taken. The whole Powered By process keeps on rolling and 41F's inconvenience becomes less so.

I guess in my head I was planning on doing multiple sets of prints at a time at the "office".. I thought the big seller was faster times, but if its for their convenience that makes sense or if we could E-FILE F4's.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested in baring about the dollar amount being invested
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He already indicated he was getting one.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are sure allot of Texas locations on that list.

Paging DogtownTom, is the Plano location you?

Paul, I hate I didn't see you listed.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#4]
As a reminder, you can still use your favorite dealer to buy cans and then go to another dealer to complete the Kiosk information. And since your prints are on file, this is a one-time event.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm interested in utilizing for F1s
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So are we...

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yes CLEO will be notified but it won't be your local CLEO. It will be one person in each state that can accept the notification and it will be a hard copy. We don't plan on making it easy for them
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

how will CLEO be notified? will it be in any form that could be kept in a record?

Yes CLEO will be notified but it won't be your local CLEO. It will be one person in each state that can accept the notification and it will be a hard copy. We don't plan on making it easy for them
You should bundle orders by the month and submit them in microfilm.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As a reminder, you can still use your favorite dealer to buy cans and then go to another dealer to complete the Kiosk information. And since your prints are on file, this is a one-time event.
View Quote

Assuming your favorite dealer is in the SSD network?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#11]
SilencerShop, the kiosk system looks great.  I'm very pleased that two will be located near me in Utah.  You should consider branching out into the SBR game.  I would love to be able to order a complete Daniel Defense, LMT, KAC, SBS Benelli, etc., from you and use the Kiosk to complete the NFA paperwork.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
...and use the Kiosk to complete the NFA paperwork.
View Quote

That part, you can do. Once your info, prints, photo are in the SilencerShop kiosk database for you and all your trustees (if applicable) your NFA dealer can transfer other NFA items to you, using SS as the "paperwork processor" That is what GoLoud mentioend before, about going to a kiosk dealer once to get in the system, then going back to favorite (SSD?) dealer after that's done.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I guess I don't get the whole Kiosk program... according to the ATF anyone with the proper equipment (Fingerprint cards and Ink pad) can collect prints.

why doesn't silencer shop just send a some ink pads to every dealer? (FBI print cards are FREE)... just saved them millions

"Fingerprints may be taken by anyone who is properly equipped to take them (see instructions on ATF Form 1, Form 4, Form 5, and Form 5320.23). Therefore, applicants may utilize the service of any business or government agency that is properly equipped to take fingerprints. Depending on where the fingerprints are taken, the service may require an appointment, and appointment availability may be limited. Some businesses provide evening and weekend appointments and a number of private companies provide mobile fingerprinting services at a location chosen by the customer to be fingerprinted. Additionally, some mobile fingerprinting services offer special pricing to groups of individuals who need to be fingerprinted."
View Quote

I've had my prints bounced back three times via the ink method.
Never an issue when digitally taken.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm interested in utilizing for F1s

+1

+2.

I was elated to hear this weekend my LGS is getting a kiosk.

It would be even better if we could use the tech to file form 1s.

I'm sure a lot of people would pay a fee for the convenience.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Fingerprints may be taken by anyone who is properly equipped to take them (see instructions on ATF Form 1, Form 4, Form 5, and Form 5320.23). Therefore, applicants may utilize the service of any business or government agency that is properly equipped to take fingerprints. Depending on where the fingerprints are taken, the service may require an appointment, and appointment availability may be limited. Some businesses provide evening and weekend appointments and a number of private companies provide mobile fingerprinting services at a location chosen by the customer to be fingerprinted. Additionally, some mobile fingerprinting services offer special pricing to groups of individuals who need to be fingerprinted."

When I did an individual purchase in 2012, before I had my trust made, I called the local PD and asked if one of their evidence technicians could roll my prints for me.  5 minutes in and out, didn't cost me anything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes, but I'm sure there will be others getting a kiosk as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but I'm sure there will be others getting a kiosk as well.

Just Shoot Safely in Plano is getting one as well
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That part, you can do. Once your info, prints, photo are in the SilencerShop kiosk database for you and all your trustees (if applicable) your NFA dealer can transfer other NFA items to you, using SS as the "paperwork processor" That is what GoLoud mentioend before, about going to a kiosk dealer once to get in the system, then going back to favorite (SSD?) dealer after that's done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...and use the Kiosk to complete the NFA paperwork.

Brilliant!  Thanks for catching me up Gopherboy128.

SilencerShop is leading the way.  I purchased two suppressors from you in the past few weeks.  The Kiosk program will make it easy to keep buying more.  I see a Rugged Surge in my future to complement my just purchased Razor.  I've been a loyal Silencerco customer, especially since they are a Utah business, but I've made my camp with SilencerShop and moved on to new brands.  

Silencerco: drop the B.S and get with the program!
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Hey, Culpeper, VA is getting one!
View Quote

Nice! I was hoping you guys were getting one.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#20]
A local Posered By dealer just responded to my email and asked to hit them up again in 2 weeks for updates on how F1s will work
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, Culpeper, VA is getting one!

Me too (3?). Hoping to visit soon again as well.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya, but it seems like you can only use it if you buy from Silencershop.
I've bought the majority of my cans from silencershop but I already have 1-2 cans from other dealers that won't have their form 4s in time since I'm still waiting on the manufacturer. And for future purchases, it really sucks for me that they don't sell Dead Air or SilencerCo.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've bought the majority of my cans from silencershop but I already have 1-2 cans from other dealers that won't have their form 4s in time since I'm still waiting on the manufacturer. And for future purchases, it really sucks for me that they don't sell Dead Air or SilencerCo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll be able to use the Kiosk for any suppressor (and eventually NFA items) that your dealer sells, not just from Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because wives on NFA Trusts probably aren't keen on having their fingerprints taken with ink by the crusty guy at the gun shop or by Officer Friendly.

Electronic is fast and easy.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes if you missed the post earlier form 1's will be one of the first things that we add. Stay tuned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be even better if we could use the tech to file form 1s.

I'm sure a lot of people would pay a fee for the convenience.

Yes if you missed the post earlier form 1's will be one of the first things that we add. Stay tuned.

Awesome, I'm interested in this too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#26]
BTW, when are these coming online? I'm thinking about getting prints taken for me and the Mrs just to get them on file now while we live close to a dealer before we move out to the middle of nowhere TX.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
BTW, when are these coming online? I'm thinking about getting prints taken for me and the Mrs just to get them on file now while we live close to a dealer before we move out to the middle of nowhere TX.
View Quote

A local dealer in town told me a few weeks
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You'll be able to use the Kiosk for any suppressor (and eventually NFA items) that your dealer sells, not just from Silencer Shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dealer carries SilencerCo but no Dead Air cans.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's going to get to a certain point that beggars can't be choosers
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone got a direct link to the kiosk locator on silencershops site? I can find the dealer locator, but nowhere to see if anyone close by is getting a kiosk.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:21:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone got a direct link to the kiosk locator on silencershops site? I can find the dealer locator, but nowhere to see if anyone close by is getting a kiosk.
View Quote

I don't think it is on their site yet. Go to page 6 of this thread and there is a link on locations receiving the kiosks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:07:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't think it is on their site yet. Go to page 6 of this thread and there is a link on locations receiving the kiosks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it. Thanks. Closes one is 43 minutes away. Not too bad.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've got the list of cities up. As Silencer Shop has mentioned, the individual dealers will be listed as they get the kiosks, so please don't hound them about it quite yet. That info is coming.

http://modernrifleman.net/2016/07/11/silencer-shop-announces-kiosk-cities-dealers-to-come/
View Quote

I wanna know why tiny states in the northeast gets 5 to 6 kiosks throughout the state. NM which is HUGE, gets two?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wanna know why tiny states in the northeast gets 5 to 6 kiosks throughout the state. NM which is HUGE, gets two?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got the list of cities up. As Silencer Shop has mentioned, the individual dealers will be listed as they get the kiosks, so please don't hound them about it quite yet. That info is coming.

http://modernrifleman.net/2016/07/11/silencer-shop-announces-kiosk-cities-dealers-to-come/

There's only three Kiosks in all for the states in the NE.

And this is just the initial run.  SS is expecting hundreds more to be issued out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And this is just the initial run.  SS is expecting hundreds more to be issued out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FL gets almost 20. TX gets a huge amount which is understandable since NFA and TX are like pb&j. Plus SS is there. I think PA got quite a few. So did OH, not a big deal really. I sure hope they put more out because driving 5 hours round trip to use the closest kiosk kind of defeats the purpose
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm not sure where to post this but figured with the knowledge in here that this would get answered quickly. My trust has myself as grantor and trustee with only a successor trustee and beneficiary. There are also three people that do not control items in the trust but who only help pick a successor trustee if needed. Who is considered a responsible person?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are other shops in NM who are requesting a kiosk. I don't know the process of how long to actually get one.

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I'm not sure where to post this but figured with the knowledge in here that this would get answered quickly. My trust has myself as grantor and trustee with only a successor trustee and beneficiary. There are also three people that do not control items in the trust but who only help pick a successor trustee if needed. Who is considered a responsible person?
View Quote

IANAL, but my understanding is that only someone who has the power to modify the trust is considered a "responsible person".  For an example, my trust from NFALawyers allows co-trustees to possess or care for trust assets, but reserves to the settlor/primary trustee all power to modify the trust, so my interpretation is that only the settlor/primary trustee is a "responsible person".  We won't really know until someone submits for a trust under the new rules and gets disapproved for failing to include someone the ATF considers a "responsible person", and then any litigation that follows.

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

IANAL, but my understanding is that only someone who has the power to modify the trust is considered a "responsible person".  For an example, my trust from NFALawyers allows co-trustees to possess or care for trust assets, but reserves to the settlor/primary trustee all power to modify the trust, so my interpretation is that only the settlor/primary trustee is a "responsible person".  We won't really know until someone submits for a trust under the new rules and gets disapproved for failing to include someone the ATF considers a "responsible person", and then any litigation that follows.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your co-trustees will be required to submit RPQs and all that good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Hate to be their test case. If the "and" in red bold requires the combination of both those things, that may let a lot of people off the hook for long lists of trustees requiring fingerprints. I guess you'd need an amendment clarifying that co-trustees can only posses trust property, and not modify the trust verbiage, have no authority etc.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

IANAL either...but here's what the definition is on the F1:

Responsible Person. In the case of an unlicensed entity, including any trust, partnership, association, company (including any Limited Liability Company (LLC)), or corporation, any individual who possesses, directly or indirectly, the power or authority to direct the management and policies of the trust or entity to receive, possess, ship, transport, deliver, transfer or otherwise dispose of a firearm for, or on behalf of, the trust or legal entity. In the case of a trust, those persons with the power or authority to direct the management and policies of the trust includes any person who has the capability to exercise such power and possesses, directly or indirectly the power or authority under any trust instrument, or under State law, to receive possess, ship, transport, deliver, transfer, or otherwise dispose of a firearm for, or on behalf of the trust. Examples of who may be considered a responsible person include settlors/grantors, trustees, partners, members, officers, directors, board members, or owners. An example of who may be excluded from this definition of responsible person is the beneficiary of a trust, if the beneficiary does not have the capability to exercise the enumerated powers or authorities.

The problem us non-lawyers have is interpreting the combination of commas, along with the uses of "and" and "or". The red part above is the important part, and if the underlined part is valid as a stand-alone portion, then anybody that can be in possession of the item is an RP. However, if the "and" in bold combines that portion with the "directing management and policies" portion, all bets are off. I just know I can't answer that question...even though I 100% believe that was the intent of the definition of RP.
View Quote

There are clearly two clauses there, and a person must satisfy both to be a RP. They must have (1) management power and (2) they must have possession power. Possession power can come from the trust, or it can come from State law.

That's my interpretation. I agree with BW that the ATF probably intended RPs to be anyone who could manage but not possess, and also anyone who could possess but not manage. However, that is not how they wrote it. Very interesting.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#45]
I hope somebody does a "For Dummies" YouTube video on how to do this via these Kiosks.

It sounds simple enough, but it would be really beneficial to have a visual guide.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I hope somebody does a "For Dummies" YouTube video on how to do this via these Kiosks.

It sounds simple enough, but it would be really beneficial to have a visual guide.
View Quote

I don't do video, but I'm working on something.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#47]
I just found out one of these kiosks is going into a place two minutes from my front door - well shit, I'm definitely interested now...

So you can do the fingerprints digitally via the kiosk? If so, how the hell does that work exactly?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The main advantages are:

1. They're electronic so less mess, more reliable prints, and less training required for dealers
2. Since they are electronic, they get uploaded to Silencer Shop's database automatically and are saved for future purchases. You don't need to do them again.

There may be cheaper ways, but this keeps it easy for both dealer and buyer. That's Silencer Shop's goal here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The main advantages are:

1. They're electronic so less mess, more reliable prints, and less training required for dealers
2. Since they are electronic, they get uploaded to Silencer Shop's database automatically and are saved for future purchases. You don't need to do them again.

There may be cheaper ways, but this keeps it easy for both dealer and buyer. That's Silencer Shop's goal here.

Question for Silencer Shop.  I know stores with kiosks will be able to use them to sell out of their own inventory.

Is there going to be a way for someone to say pay either the store the Kiosk is located at, or pay Silencer Shop to have their prints and passport photos done and be able to get a printed set to use with a dealer who is not the Kiosk store and the Form 4 you are wanting to file is not associated with a purchase from Silencer Shop?

I bought a Griffin Optimus from Capitol Armory and I am having it form 3 to a local store with an indoor range that allows us to use the can while it is in prison.  Sadly this store is not a powered by dealer or even listed with Silencer Shop and I would love to knock out getting my prints on file with SS while being able to use them and the photos for this Form 4.  This is my first can and once inventory starts to be more available at SS over the coming months I plan to piss the wife off with multiple purchases from SS.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#49]
I believe for SS to do the paperwork, the dealer has to be a Powered by SS dealer, and sign a waiver  "delegate authority" allowing SS employees to submit forms on your receiving FFL/SOT's behalf.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I believe for SS to do the paperwork, the dealer has to be a Powered by SS dealer, and sign a waiver allowing SS employees to submit forms on your receiving FFL/SOT's behalf.
View Quote

Not looking to have SS actually file the form 4, just looking to see if I can somehow pay to get the digital fingerprints at least done on a kiosk so I can use them when submitting the form 4 with the non powered by shop.  The passport photo I can do myself but would be amazing if we could somehow upload our fingerprints and then get printed out digital fingerprint cards for a fee.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top