Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 10:11:04 PM EDT
Ready to buy two 9mm cans for both 9mm and 300 BO sub-sonic use.

I already own a Griffin Armament Revolution 9, and the sound levels are acceptable even in the short configuration. However, the satisfaction stops there and I have no interest in owning anything else from that company... ever again.  

I'd like a company who has a history of good customer service. I'd like a suppressor that isn't too heavy or tall blocking the sights. An interchangeable configuration (short and long) is preferred.

What are the top contenders?

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Literally nothing I can think of fits your criteria. I'd buy an osprey and maybe an Obsidian 45 if I were in your shoes
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I will never shoot 45. I prefer to buy a 9mm specific suppressor. If I have to choose between long or short, I'd prefer short.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Omega K and buy taller sights. No, it's not modular but it's a compact can that will do 9 as well as sub AND supersonic 300 BLK.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't think of anything that meets all of your criteria either.  Doesn't the obsidian meter better shooting 9mm than most (all?) 9mm cans anyway?  Then you get modularity and a great warranty.

I'd personally get the Obsidian and omega 9k if I were in your shoes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Omega K and buy taller sights. No, it's not modular but it's a compact can that will do 9 as well as sub AND supersonic 300 BLK.
View Quote

I don't think you'd get any sights so see over an Omega 9k. I'd even like to see an RMR sight picture with an Omega
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The Obsidian 45 has got my attention.

How's Rugged's customer service and overall reputation?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:32:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're so new, there is little to no actual feedback on their CS
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't think you'd get any sights so see over an Omega 9k. I'd even like to see an RMR sight picture with an Omega
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9K is 1.475" and Obsidian is 1.37" dia, RMR should be GTG. There'a pic in a thread on ST that shows a 938 with a 9K on it and it's not as bad as I thought for sight height.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's close but as with most suppressors use the top of the tube to aim might work better.  I'll know more once my Omega 9k form 4 clears ....
The Omega looks to be a great length for pistol use and light weight combined with the reported excellent tone on 9mm makes it a good contender but the Obsidian looks great especially if you can find it in the $650 range it would be hard to beat IMO.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It got my attention to, I have one on F3 from THSF. I'm confident about Rugged dealing with CS, fingers crossed I won't need to find out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's what I'd buy today if I wanted another pistol can. Bonus points for being able to use SiCo pistons.

Every time I find out Scott (THSF) has a serial number for one, my CC gets real nervous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It got my attention to, I have one on F3 from THSF. I'm confident about Rugged dealing with CS, fingers crossed I won't need to find out.

It's what I'd buy today if I wanted another pistol can. Bonus points for being able to use SiCo pistons.

Every time I find out Scott (THSF) has a serial number for one, my CC gets real nervous.

OP's question has me thinking, even though I bought an Obsidian is it wrong that I lust after the 9K to go with the Scorpion I don't have yet? I still say that's the direction I'd go if I was the OP and did not want a 45 can.

As for Scott, hell I may even buy a can from him after 41F just because his service is the best I've ever received in my short NFA adventure (3 stamps and two on F3).

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#14]
While I'm not sure about performance, the new Liberty Centurion 'may' be an option. Same dia as the Obsidian, comes with booster and 1/2x28 piston for the price, it's basically a shortened Mystic X. The one advantage it has is it's serviceable.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:32:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I called him to see if he was getting any Ghosts in he said not yet but had serial numbers for the Obsidian, my CC somehow popped out of my wallet and before I knew it I had a confirmation email

Eta: When you have time OP read through the big Obsidian thread, it'll grow on you and make you a believer. Plus I'm pretty sure the GA 9mm end cap will fit too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:31:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks. ... I'll check out that Obsidian thread ASAP.

So, how's it work when they list 'serial numbers available'? What stage is that? And, what's it mean if anything, that one shop doesn't list having serial numbers and one does?

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:24:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
However, the satisfaction stops there and I have no interest in owning anything else from that company... ever again.  
View Quote

What caused you to make that statement?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Rugged and SiCo. Obsidian and Omega 9K.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
However, the satisfaction stops there and I have no interest in owning anything else from that company... ever again.  

Recent purse swinging about the difficulty of changing from full size to K config and then GA charging a $160 upgrade
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a thread not too far down the line that should explain the details. I'm not alone in the feelings that were expressed, and, if you call around and chat to various shops (like I did this morning) they aren't shy in saying the same things that were expressed in my thread.

Further support for my dissatisfaction and decision to never buy another item from Griffin is evident over and over in the Obsidan thread, of which I'm on page 7 of 14..... read line for line. It's actually quite the turn off in general, in regards to all of these companies.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#22]
What about the Gemtech GM9 ? I've ruled out the Omega 9k.

I initially pursued a modular design so I could have the short configuration for bedside, and long configuration for all other shooting. So, I've got the short bedside config. covered.

Going with something like a Gemtech GM 9 would be cost effective and would fit the bill of range/outdoor use.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Ready to buy two 9mm cans for both 9mm and 300 BO sub-sonic use.

I already own a Griffin Armament Revolution 9, and the sound levels are acceptable even in the short configuration. However, the satisfaction stops there and I have no interest in owning anything else from that company... ever again.  

I'd like a company who has a history of good customer service. I'd like a suppressor that isn't too heavy or tall blocking the sights. An interchangeable configuration (short and long) is preferred.

What are the top contenders?

View Quote
I really like the Liberty Cosmic, and that company has some really top notch people working there.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
In the hayday of AAC when customers were tatooing their logo on their body, there were hundreds of dealers that wouldn't do business with AAC.  Mostly because they would order product and up to 13 months would go by without delivery.  AAC was in demand, and it wasn't uncommon for them to say something was in stock to get an order in the door, and for that verbal commitment to have no apparent correlation with reality.  

Here you are expressing something that just isn't true- this notion that some sweeping number of dealers have reason not to do business with Griffin Armament.  That is defamatory and not really welcome on the forum.   Your personal opinions are what they are, but they should end there.  To extend your opinion to a facetious and libelous statement is, in my opinion as a long time Ar15.com member, the point at which you are out of bounds as a forum participant.    

Our policy is clear- like other companies in the industry we change and upgrade products to remain relevant and competitive in a market that changes around us.  When changes occur, customers can decide to contact us for information surrounding the purchase of upgrades, or may decide to purchase a newer product, but it is not our responsibility to replace existing product for lack of features, upgrades or changes made to that line at a later time.  That isn't a diversion from other company policies even within our industry.  AAC for example produced a series of M4-2000 silencers for over 10 years and probably changed it half a dozen or more times.  Many changes were not advertised and the mod-07 change was a total overhaul of the suppressor.  It didn't result in free product replacement for previous customers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a thread not too far down the line that should explain the details. I'm not alone in the feelings that were expressed, and, if you call around and chat to various shops (like I did this morning) they aren't shy in saying the same things that were expressed in my thread.    

Further support for my dissatisfaction and decision to never buy another item from Griffin is evident over and over in the Obsidan thread, of which I'm on page 7 of 14..... read line for line. It's actually quite the turn off in general, in regards to all of these companies.

In the hayday of AAC when customers were tatooing their logo on their body, there were hundreds of dealers that wouldn't do business with AAC.  Mostly because they would order product and up to 13 months would go by without delivery.  AAC was in demand, and it wasn't uncommon for them to say something was in stock to get an order in the door, and for that verbal commitment to have no apparent correlation with reality.  

Here you are expressing something that just isn't true- this notion that some sweeping number of dealers have reason not to do business with Griffin Armament.  That is defamatory and not really welcome on the forum.   Your personal opinions are what they are, but they should end there.  To extend your opinion to a facetious and libelous statement is, in my opinion as a long time Ar15.com member, the point at which you are out of bounds as a forum participant.    

Our policy is clear- like other companies in the industry we change and upgrade products to remain relevant and competitive in a market that changes around us.  When changes occur, customers can decide to contact us for information surrounding the purchase of upgrades, or may decide to purchase a newer product, but it is not our responsibility to replace existing product for lack of features, upgrades or changes made to that line at a later time.  That isn't a diversion from other company policies even within our industry.  AAC for example produced a series of M4-2000 silencers for over 10 years and probably changed it half a dozen or more times.  Many changes were not advertised and the mod-07 change was a total overhaul of the suppressor.  It didn't result in free product replacement for previous customers.
Say what you want GA. I stand by my statements. They are true, and they are accurate.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone have any input on the Gemtech GM-9?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Where your statement leaves your personal opinion and becomes a statement of generality, it is not true.  We picked up our 5th silencer distributor this week.  Distributors have no reason to do business with companies that dealers don't desire to purchase.   You may have made leading statements or talked to a local dealer that doesn't carry our products who decided for whatever reason to agree with you, or to put his words behind a product on his shelf, but that doesn't imply what you were trying to correlate.  

View All Quotes

Say what you want GA. I stand by my statements. They are true, and they are accurate.    

Where your statement leaves your personal opinion and becomes a statement of generality, it is not true.  We picked up our 5th silencer distributor this week.  Distributors have no reason to do business with companies that dealers don't desire to purchase.   You may have made leading statements or talked to a local dealer that doesn't carry our products who decided for whatever reason to agree with you, or to put his words behind a product on his shelf, but that doesn't imply what you were trying to correlate.  

You're making assumptions. You have no idea what you're talking about. My opinion is your attitude and overall demeanor is crap. I am not alone in that opinion. The facts are as I already stated, so I will not repeat.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want to be a stand up guy, you need to stand on your own 2 feet.  Why mention AAC?  What do they have to do with people unhappy about your products?

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#33]
dpmmn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top