Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 10:10:30 PM EDT
Basically, all my centerfire silencer purchases have gotten smaller and smaller since I started collecting. Started with 3 YHM .30 cal cans, then got a Specwar 556, then a Surefire RC1 followed by and RC2 and finally a Specwar K.  

So now, knowing that I really like Surefires and smaller, lighter silencers, I'm looking for feedback on the Surefire Mini (current generation). And pics are welcomed as well .

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no help, I have a mini FDE pending though
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine but I have no other 556 cans to compare it too. It's a Gen 1.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Basically, all my centerfire silencer purchases have gotten smaller and smaller since I started collecting. Started with 3 YHM .30 cal cans, then got a Specwar 556, then a Surefire RC1 followed by and RC2 and finally a Specwar K.  

So now, knowing that I really like Surefires and smaller, lighter silencers, I'm looking for feedback on the Surefire Mini (current generation). And pics are welcomed as well .

View Quote

It's small. No doubt.
Buddy of mine and I shot his mini next to my Saker K on 12.5 556s. The suppression is not enough to be noteworthy at all. Shooting a few rounds without ear pro you could basically tell that it wasn't as loud as a fully unsuppressed shot, but couldn't discern any level of significant REDUCTION.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's small. No doubt.
Buddy of mine and I shot his mini next to my Saker K on 12.5 556s. The suppression is not enough to be noteworthy at all. Shooting a few rounds without ear pro you could basically tell that it wasn't as loud as a fully unsuppressed shot, but couldn't discern any level of significant REDUCTION.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's small. No doubt.

What are you thoughts on the Saker K? Also what mount do you use?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/AKSU_album/Firearms/image_zpscmk6cae4.jpeg

Ah nice I saw that in the pic thread. That some kind of sleeve or cover on it?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/AKSU_album/Firearms/image_zpscmk6cae4.jpeg

I believe it's a bowers
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's small. No doubt.

My thoughts are that it is a little can that suppresses SBR noise very effectively. Specwar K is lighter but I have no doubt that my Saker can handle some wicked abuse.
I use a trifecta mount, and I've had nary an issue and I beat the snot out of this can and run it HOT.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
^ Sounds like a good device.

The Specwar K is a great can with small size, low backpressure and good sound, I'm just not really fond of the ASR mounting system.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:37:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Mini's size is awesome for SBR's...but obviously will be louder than a larger can.  Saker K with a direct thread mount will be just a little longer than the Mini.

Some pics:

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I believe it's a bowers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it's a bowers

Yes, a SupCov.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are satisfied with the full size surefire I believe you will be happy with a mini. I have both and mostly use the mini for the lighter weight out front. I wear a set of plugs with either can so I prefer to give up some suppression on 5.56 for less weight.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I just picked up my Gen 1 Surefire 5.56 Mini-Monster last week, but unfortunately haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet.  I hope to change that soon and then I can give a report.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just picked up my Gen 1 Surefire 5.56 Mini-Monster last week, but unfortunately haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet.  I hope to change that soon and then I can give a report.
View Quote

Yeah I got my Mini Monster about 3 weeks ago, working too much to go shoot it yet.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I have the surefire mini, it's awesome. Shooting my 10.3 upper with a surefire mb556k produces yuge flames  The mini tames that down and I really like the small size.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Great pics and info guys!

Burnsy87 and AR_Shorty, y'all need to get to the range and give me a range report ASAP!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I have one on Form 3, can't wait to get it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top