Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 9:10:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I talked to them at NRAAM. As you stated, the can is down to 18 oz from 21 and they have a new brake. Nothing about a flash hider, but the brake looks much better. They also have a Ti version in development that currently weighs 11 oz.

On another note, they also have a three lug adapter for the Sidewinder at ATF waiting on approval right now.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool.  I like it.  Definitely interested in the Ti version @ 11oz.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Very cool

Question: why does a 3 lug require ATF approval?
ETA: are they still claiming their cans index at a second point along the muzzle of the device? I'd be interested in chopping that brake to a single or double chamber
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very cool

Question: why does a 3 lug require ATF approval?
ETA: are they still claiming their cans index at a second point along the muzzle of the device? I'd be interested in chopping that brake to a single or double chamber
View Quote

YHM has locked horns with the ATF over suppressors/muzzle accessories in the past. My guess is that they want to make damn sure that the ATF won't screw them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it. I'll put it on the short list for my next can.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I am glad to hear they are in production. As soon as my dealer can make one happen, I am all over it! I have a lot of rifles with YHM mounts and it prevents me from getting some rifle suppressors I think look good. Right now I have a Ti. Phantom (7.62), a M2 QD (5.56) and a Omega (Using YHM adapter) so the ability to add another rifle can to my collection without the worry of mounts is welcome. Plus I really like the looks and specs of this one too!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice.  I bet it wont be YHM priced though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Very nice.  I bet it wont be YHM priced though.
View Quote

$650, $800 for Ti would be nice
I'm still upset I passed on the $292 phantoms
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#10]
YHM needs to make a big splash somewhere to stay relevant IMO.
5 years ago the phantom was the tits, but all these new companies are just dumping so many products onto the market that companies like YHM are falling behind.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
5 years ago the phantom was the tits, but all these new companies are just dumping so many products onto the market that companies like YHM are falling behind.
View Quote

I would think this qualifies. Cutting weight, exterior redesign, and a modern 3 port brake
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I want that brake right meow!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would think this qualifies. Cutting weight, exterior redesign, and a modern 3 port brake
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.  The only complaint I've ever heard about YHM is the weight and ugly muzzle devices and this new can has addressed both to a large degree.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#14]
This can and the new brake have me more excited about YHM than ever. After hearing them admit that they need a more refined aesthetic, I think we will see them reel in many of their more aggressive/extreme designs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top