Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The more companies, the better. But I'll forever buy suppressors that are made by companies that specialize in designing, building and servicing suppressors.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think they'll be any cheaper than current SilencerCo cans. They told me $1,050 on the Omega 30 variant and $649 IIRC on the Specwar 556K style.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I handled them at the NRA show. They're all rebranded Silencerco models. Looks, feel, weight, size, all identical to Silencerco other than the outer tube design. The mounts and end caps are clearly Silencerco. They're pretty underwhelming.

It looks like the lineup consists of rebranded:

Omega

Omega 9K

Octane 45

Spectre II

Specwar 556K

Harvester

It looks like this is a budget version of the SiCo models, and I think it will hurt the SiCo reputation in the long run.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

So what do you consider "underwhelming" if they're exactly the same? Just that it's not a new product?

I actually liked them. The tube design is different enough to stick out. I don't care if they're rebranded or not and I already have several silencerco cans. I'm just happy for more options especially if it means more in stock items at varied prices. If they use silencerco mounts and pistons I already have, I'd actually consider them just for that.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes, it's nothing new or exciting. It's a Silencerco suppressor with a new label. And if they're significantly cheaper than the Silencerco counterparts, it's going to kill the sales of the Silencerco versions. Who would pay more for an Omega when the same suppressor can be bought for less under the Blackhawk name? And if the price ends up being the same or higher, you have to wonder what's the point.

To me, it sounds like ATK wanted to get into the suppressor business and decided it would be cheaper to license out a current product rather than buy a whole company or develop their own products.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So what do you consider "underwhelming" if they're exactly the same? Just that it's not a new product?

Yes, it's nothing new or exciting. It's a Silencerco suppressor with a new label. And if they're significantly cheaper than the Silencerco counterparts, it's going to kill the sales of the Silencerco versions. Who would pay more for an Omega when the same suppressor can be bought for less under the Blackhawk name? And if the price ends up being the same or higher, you have to wonder what's the point.

To me, it sounds like ATK wanted to get into the suppressor business and decided it would be cheaper to license out a current product rather than buy a whole company or develop their own products.

Atk?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Parent company.

Google "ATK Blackhawk" and read all you want to about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atk?

Parent company.

ATK no longer owns Blackhawk nor any of the other commercial brands that used to be under ATK.  They have been under a separate parent company for over a year now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe I misunderstood. Blackhawk moved from ATK Sporting and is under Vista Outdoors...but I thought that was part of ATK?

ATK.com takes you to this info:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atk?

Parent company.

ATK no longer owns Blackhawk nor any of the other commercial brands that used to be under ATK.  They have been under a separate parent company for over a year now.

Maybe I misunderstood. Blackhawk moved from ATK Sporting and is under Vista Outdoors...but I thought that was part of ATK?

Vista Outdoor is the commercial spin-off and is it's own publicly-traded company.  Suppressors would have likely never been considered while under the ATK umbrella.

Vista Brands
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:15:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Side note, Maybe Blackhawk! knows cans are coming off the NFA .......
View Quote

Yes. Blackhawk knows more about what is happening to the NFA registry than the ASA, NRA, and all the major manufacturers/ vendors.

Those crazy rascals. And they would have gotten away with it too..................

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:18:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Vista Outdoor is the commercial spin-off and is it's own publicly-traded company.  Suppressors would have likely never been considered while under the ATK umbrella.

Vista Brands
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atk?

Parent company.

Vista Brands

I assume the new management at Vista is the reason Savage changed their logo to something from this century.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#14]
The styling of these may appeal more to the next generation of shooters. I'm 33 and not sure I would get one even at a significant price reduction from the SilencerCo counterpart. Now my son has a different opinion altogether and told me to buy all of them!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'd buy a rebranded Omega 9k for cheap enough
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I handled them at the NRA show. They're all rebranded Silencerco models. Looks, feel, weight, size, all identical to Silencerco other than the outer tube design. The mounts and end caps are clearly Silencerco. They're pretty underwhelming.

It looks like the lineup consists of rebranded:
Omega
Omega 9K
Octane 45
Spectre II
Specwar 556K
Harvester

It looks like this is a budget version of the SiCo models, and I think it will hurt the SiCo reputation in the long run.

I'd buy a rebranded Omega 9k for cheap enough

absolutely
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone have confirmation on where these are being made? I'm getting conflicting reports.

It's a big difference on made by SiCo vs designed by SiCo and made by Blackhawk!
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone have confirmation on where these are being made? I'm getting conflicting reports.

It's a big difference on made by SiCo vs designed by SiCo and made by Blackhawk!
View Quote

I asked at NRAAM and didn't get an answer.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did that conversation go? They dodged or what?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Standard "licensing agreement" response from SiCo.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm intrigued.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:07:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd call it a dodge. I straight asked if SilencerCo made them or if it was some sort of license and I still don't truly know the answer.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm intrigued.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm intrigued.

SilencerCo and Blackhawk have a strategic partnership that involves a licensing agreement. Blackhawk has been a leading brand in the tactical space for over 20 years and SilencerCo is the undisputed silencer market leader.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm intrigued.

SilencerCo and Blackhawk have a strategic partnership that involves a licensing agreement. Blackhawk has been a leading brand in the tactical space for over 20 years and SilencerCo is the undisputed silencer market leader.
Doesn't really surprise me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'd call it a dodge. I straight asked if SilencerCo made them or if it was some sort of license and I still don't truly know the answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd imagine neither party wants to discuss it if Silencerco is making them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt. I didn't expect a straight answer, but its obviously a question worth asking.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
No doubt. I didn't expect a straight answer, but its obviously a question worth asking.
View Quote
If they are making them, there are few elements i like that I like as an alternative to current line (no brake etc)

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I work for vista (different group than BH).  The employee discount would need to be pretty darn good if Sico is not making them.  If they are re-branded Sicos and they are offered at vista employee pricing I will buy a boatload of them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Am I the only one who thinks that's a good thing?

SiCo has a very good reputation for CS and product performance.  They've also been around a while, and that carries weight with me since they are more likely to be around in 5 or 10 years if I need service.  

BLACKHAWKOMG!*@!^ is a bit cheesy, but the new cans look interesting.  I'm more apt to try them than some of the other brands that have been popping up.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

SiCo has a very good reputation for CS and product performance.  They've also been around a while, and that carries weight with me since they are more likely to be around in 5 or 10 years if I need service.  

BLACKHAWKOMG!*@!^ is a bit cheesy, but the new cans look interesting.  I'm more apt to try them than some of the other brands that have been popping up.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My thoughts.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top