Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2016 3:11:50 AM EDT
TO OUR SILENT HEROES

The SPEQ™ (Service Proven Equipment) Program is our way of saying thank you to the silent heroes who serve and protect our country. In observance of Memorial Day, SilencerCo™ will be opening up the SPEQ program to all who have served - both past and present - for the entire month of May.

The SPEQ program is normally open to those currently serving as a first responder, law enforcement agent, military personnel, or retired personnel, but if you are an Honorably Discharged veteran with a DD214, you are eligible to take advantage of our SPEQ Program for a limited window starting May 1st through 11:59pm EST on May 31, 2016.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Also all ex-military with a DD214--don't have to be retired for the month of May.

I bought an Omega 9K.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought an Omega 9K. :)

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Are the savings significant?  I read online that one guy saved $44.00 for his can... didn't mention which one.

My son is a trustee and in the reserves, but he is busy in his third year of med school so I don't want to bother him with this unless the savings are pretty good.

Going to buy a Hybrid which retails at $999.00
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I called Capitol and the discount is pretty small ($30-$40) for most of the pistol cans. I was thinking about buying because I am going to get some pistol cans in June when the house sells, but that discount is not really enough to convince me to buy early.

They did say the hybrid was one that had a good discount, but I didn't ask the price.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I checked on an Omega 30 and the price saving was only about $42. Not worth it in my situation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Kind of disappointed.  $40 off a $900 suppressor in the grand NFA scheme of things it's nothing
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kind of disappointed.  $40 off a $900 suppressor in the grand NFA scheme of things it's nothing
View Quote

Not enough to convince someone to buy something they didn't plan on, but savings is savings if you were planning on buying something... Amiright?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I called the listed SPEQ dealer for Michigan. Freedom Firearms, Battle Creek MI.
Was quoted  $973.00 + tax for a 7.62 Saker.  Not such a good deal, but then not to offal bad, all things considered.

I bought one Thursday of last week from a supporting dealer on here, with a 5% discount, for $901.55 shipped to my normal SOT.
With his $50.00 transfer fee, I'm still below the SPEQ price.

So it looks like it would if been a fair price if the 5% thing wasn't added in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Which Suppressor was that?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

What suppressor was that on?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Some are good deals, some are not.

My omega 9K was no transfer but 7.25% MN tax, and it came in at least $50 under the 5% off deals several vendors give.  Before tax it was almost $150 less than anywhere I could find online.  FYI--I normally pay $50 each for NFA transfer fees.  The SPEQ dealer is not charging me a transfer fee for this purchase--just MN tax.

However, the Hybrid was only a couple bucks better deal. (about $45).

Mile high beat the Omega speq pricing by $70 on a special they ran last year. Then again, I have not seen an omega that low since (and I would buy another at their sale price of $715).

Some were higher than our frequent vendors on here.  Depends on your tax and transfer situation.

As with many things, you still need to know prices to get the best deals.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#13]
does this pricing mean that dealers will sell the suppressor they have in stock for this price or it will be an order form SicO they put in, do the form 3 then form 4?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The SPEQ inventory is separate. My local dealer has cans in stock to sell either way...but they can't see a regular can on the SPEQ or vise versa. The SPEQ cans are fixed price...but nothing is stopping the dealer from selling a non-SPEQ can for the same price.

So...you may have a Form 3 involved, and may not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
does this pricing mean that dealers will sell the suppressor they have in stock for this price or it will be an order form SicO they put in, do the form 3 then form 4?

The SPEQ inventory is separate. My local dealer has cans in stock to sell either way...but they can't see a regular can on the SPEQ or vise versa. The SPEQ cans are fixed price...but nothing is stopping the dealer from selling a non-SPEQ can for the same price.

So...you may have a Form 3 involved, and may not.

good to know.  guess ill just go down there and ask.  thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#16]
When I called Freedom Firearms, Lower Michigan's SPEQ dealer, he did verify the can was in stock. (7.62 Saker w/ MADD mount and brake)

I did not mentioned the deal I got last week. Told him thanks, and I got some time to decide.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#17]
The Omega 9K price was the best I could find online or in-store. I'm happy with my purchase since my dealer had it in-stock (along with the rest of Silencercos lineup) so I don't have to wait for a Form 3. My form 4 was submitted today by my dealer. So to me I got a great deal.

I might pick up the omega later this month.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Are the savings significant?  I read online that one guy saved $44.00 for his can... didn't mention which one.

My son is a trustee and in the reserves, but he is busy in his third year of med school so I don't want to bother him with this unless the savings are pretty good.

Going to buy a Hybrid which retails at $999.00
View Quote

The Hybrid was <$700 IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Your savings depend a lot on your dealer's pricing. Some are so low that Speq isn't that big of a savings. For the ones that charge near MSRP the savings are significant.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Speq price for me was $757 and local price would've been about $1040.  I inquired about another silencer and the speq price was much closer to street price.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#21]
SPEQ pricing for my Hybrid was $697 versus $897 so the savings was significant, just depends on the dealer. Also, SPEQ pricing is always available to military retirees, the month of May opens it up to veterans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top