Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2016 9:48:08 PM EDT
Just picked up an NT4 from my SOT to complete my MK18 clone.

When attached there is about 5-10deg of rotation. I tried it with two different QDSS FH - one I originally installed on MK18 and the one that came with the suppressor?

Is this normal? I can't find anything in the manual and a Google search turned up nothing. I'm installing as described. There is no other movement. The can is locked forward to back, just a slight rotation.

Any help? I'm afraid to shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen numerous posts on this forum about how the rotational play on the NT4 is awful, but I've never seen a number put on it like you have (30 degrees).
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen numerous posts on this forum about how the rotational play on the NT4 is awful, but I've never seen a number put on it like you have (30 degrees).
View Quote

I just rough guessed it. it felt a lot worse mounted to the gun.

I just found a protractor and it's closer to 5-10deg of rotation.

Sorry
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's truly just rotating around the axis of the bore, it's fine. The only thing that's gonna put one of your baffles in front of the projectile is if there is lateral play, perpendicular to the bore. Try to fiddle with it and see if there is any play that moves the hole in the endcap in relation to the muzzle of the rifle. If not, your good.

Fwiw I have an old tech can that has somewhat significant rotational play. No strikes through a couple thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Your fine if the rotation is around the axis of the barrel like stated above. Mine does the same thing. Some mounts that are compatible have different tolerances.  
My TTB is very tight fitting, then a griffin armament comp, next the latest MAMs compatible mount, then your normal knights FH is loosest for my NT4.
If your still questioning if it will be an issue, you can always put a one piece cleaning rod down the barrel with the can on to see if you have some play around the suppressor muzzle.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:00:31 AM EDT
[#5]
You are good to go.  It is normal and part of the design for the NT4 to rotate slightly while latched in place.  It's more a problem if it does NOT rotate. The rotation facilitates the sharp carbon cutting edges inside the mount end of the can doing their job as you work it off.    Per KAC you are supposed to rotate the can as you work it off the mount to break the carbon build up.  And wait until it is cool enough to touch to do so you you may break the rockset on the mount instead...ask me how I know
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the responses. I got the same response from KAC directly today. Now to find some time to get to the range.

1 form 4 down, 5 pending.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks for the responses. I got the same response from KAC directly today. Now to find some time to get to the range.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/hellboundAR15/test/91BF3525-4AD3-4806-9746-9EAABF2D4768_zpst6xzi6pi.jpg
View Quote

I need to see a full pic of that MK18. Looks awesome!
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/hellboundAR15/test/91BF3525-4AD3-4806-9746-9EAABF2D4768_zpst6xzi6pi.jpg

I have to ditch the ergo grip that came on the LMT lower. I have one of those grayish Colt A2's around somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top