[#1]
bump for the daytime sages of industry
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any metered numbers on this can yet?
View Quote

BUMP FOR NUMBERS

No numbers and lack of info is giving up alot of market share to Rugged's Obsidian. Was really looking forward to all Ti/SS construction,
but Al used in forward module first disappointment could have been overcome with great numbers. Still waiting

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Who needs any numbers when you have some really cool reviews out there?

Heck, you had guys shooting the pistol in a home development (most likely illegally), so if it's quiet enough to break the law, it's quiet enough for me!

Heck, I'm still scratching my head on why a guy shooting a video of himself with the worlds most quiet .45 can (NOT the ghost mind you), needs to wear ear pro with the can but not when shooting the same can with a .22

Repeat after me….

M  A  R  K  E  T  I  N  G
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Heck, you had guys shooting the pistol in a home development (most likely illegally), so if it's quiet enough to break the law, it's quiet enough for me!

Heck, I'm still scratching my head on why a guy shooting a video of himself with the worlds most quiet .45 can (NOT the ghost mind you), needs to wear ear pro with the can but not when shooting the same can with a .22

Repeat after me….

View Quote

Or maybe it's because they're just making it to dealers off F3s
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Repeat after me….

View Quote

Hey, I'm that guy. Two reasons I almost always wear earpro in my videos:
1. I can't afford the $1000 it costs to rent the entire range for the day. If you actually paid attention to the video, you'd know it's not a closed range. I have zero control on when others start to shoot around me. Taking earpro on and off between takes is just stupid, and as I've said in other videos, I'm not risking my ears just to look cool when shooting a silencer.
2. Hearing safe levels are based on time of exposure. Shooting multiple round quickly exceeds the exposure that is hearing safe. Just because others do it doesn't mean it is smart or safe for your hearing. Subsonic rimfire is so much quieter than centerfire pistol that it's a non-issue.

So, what are you actually expecting to see in a silencer video? You will never actually hear what one sounds like on video, so all you can expect to learn is what it looks like, how it works, and what the meter numbers are. Beyond that, commentary from someone actually using it who can describe what they hear is all that is left.

If you want to see something else, I'm all ears, pun intended.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1. I can't afford the $1000 it costs to rent the entire range for the day. If you actually paid attention to the video, you'd know it's not a closed range. I have zero control on when others start to shoot around me. Taking earpro on and off between takes is just stupid, and as I've said in other videos, I'm not risking my ears just to look cool when shooting a silencer.
2. Hearing safe levels are based on time of exposure. Shooting multiple round quickly exceeds the exposure that is hearing safe. Just because others do it doesn't mean it is smart or safe for your hearing. Subsonic rimfire is so much quieter than centerfire pistol that it's a non-issue.

So, what are you actually expecting to see in a silencer video? You will never actually hear what one sounds like on video, so all you can expect to learn is what it looks like, how it works, and what the meter numbers are. Beyond that, commentary from someone actually using it who can describe what they hear is all that is left.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Repeat after me….

Lol.
TWANGANDBANG,  Since you have shot a lot of cans; what pistol suppressor impressed you the most? It seems the Dead Air Mask was your favorite rimfire one. What about 308 can?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

My point was I found it ironic you were shooting the worlds most quietess 45 can with ear pro on, yet shooting the same can with a .22 with ear pro off.

Although my hearing was ruined a very long time ago (not of my own choosing), there is no reason IMO NOT to wear ear pro even while shooting suppressed IMO.

My other point is that videos ARE marketing.   Just as you stated, you will never actually hear what one (suppressor) actually sounds like by watching a video.  I happen to agree with you 100%.  But by the same token, people get caught in the hype by commenting how quiet the can really sounds by watching a video.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Just because it's the quietest doesn't mean it's not smart for him to wear ear pro, so I'm not seeing your point??

So, should everyone just stop making videos??  Even if you can't hear what one sounds like, you can still learn a lot about the can.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

TWANGANDBANG,  Since you have shot a lot of cans; what pistol suppressor impressed you the most? It seems the Dead Air Mask was your favorite rimfire one. What about 308 can?
View Quote

I've only had a chance to shoot the Ghost M at SHOT Show Range Day, which is so noisy that there is no reasonable way to judge a can. I coincidentally spent lunch with Todd Magee one day, and the way he described the Ghost design goals and process to get there was fascinating. One thing to keep in mind with all Dead Air cans is that they aren't chasing sound at the muzzle- they're working to optimize the shooter's experience, which includes both sound and the effects of back pressure. It's possible that the Ghost won't beat the Obsidian on numbers but still be a favorite with a lot of shooters.

That said, the Obsidian is definitely my favorite can I've shot so far. I love the sound, and I love the modularity even more so. I'll know more once my own Ghost M gets to me in a few weeks so I can shoot it without being surrounded by WWIII.

The 308 market is much deeper than I've been able to experience firsthand. There are many awesome cans in that caliber out there. Of the ones I've shot, I recommend the Surge for first time buyers because of the modularity and the Sandman-L for precision rifles because mine had such a big impact on my group size. I just shot the PRS match this weekend with a Bergara LRP Elite 6.5 CM and the Sandman L on the end, and the combo wowed people at every stage.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The cans LITERALLY got into dealers hands very, very recently.  Getting numbers is a all day task... then putting them together and making it presentable is another issue.  Right now, with 41F, all dealers are insanely busy...

The can sounds absolutely fantastic though.
View Quote

One thing you can count on, Pappas doesn't design shit cans!
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:The can sounds absolutely fantastic though.
View Quote

A simple question…

Is the Obsidian the quietest .45 can produced today as it's manufacturers claim it to be?

My line of thinking is that there are so many variables that come into play, it's next to impossible to make that claim.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just because it's the quietest doesn't mean it's not smart for him to wear ear pro, so I'm not seeing your point??

So, should everyone just stop making videos??  Even if you can't hear what one sounds like, you can still learn a lot about the can.
View Quote

My point, which apparently went over you head, is why wear ear pro with the .45 and not the .22?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My point, which apparently went over you head, is why wear ear pro with the .45 and not the .22?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because .45 is louder than .22?

The Ghost looks awesome. As Capitol stated, it's very new. Thanks for the feedback TwangNBang.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if serious

I think there must be some point you are trying to make that is going over everyone's heads.

Obviously .22 is going to be more quiet than .45 even from the same can

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I watched the NFAreview video and Pappas says, "well it'll [w/ wipe cap] take you from just over over 140 to 137 in the short."...."In the 45." I only plan to use for 9mm at this time. It would seem I could safely assume in the K config, given the volume and stated back pressure design, at the ear numbers could be at least 130ish w/ 147gr. I always wear my Sordin's even when suppressed but the want to still see the numbers comes from the event I do not have ears in; that is always good info for me or anyone to know. I already have the tinnitus so I like to control that the best I can with can selection. I do not need a video some numbers from some of the posters here in the thread would be cool but given the current stock of Ghost even if no post comes a video likely will be out with numbers before back in stock notifications roll around.

...maybe SilencerShop will put out a video soon, they are always quick about those types of things
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well I watched the NFAreview video and Pappas says, "well it'll [w/ wipe cap] take you from just over over 140 to 137 in the short."...."In the 45." I only plan to use for 9mm at this time. It would seem I could safely assume in the K config, given the volume and stated back pressure design, at the ear numbers could be at least 130ish w/ 147gr. I always wear my Sordin's even when suppressed but the want to still see the numbers comes from the event I do not have ears in; that is always good info for me or anyone to know. I already have the tinnitus so I like to control that the best I can with can selection. I do not need a video some numbers from some of the posters here in the thread would be cool but given the current stock of Ghost even if no post comes a video likely will be out with numbers before back in stock notifications roll around.

...maybe SilencerShop will put out a video soon, they are always quick about those types of things
View Quote

SS isn't a Dead Air distributor.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the went over your head
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:46:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Repeat after me….

View Quote

I love posts like this! When people just ASSume things and pull context clues from thin air.

No, it's not illegal to shoot safely in your backyard in FL. We were shooting at a downward angle into a berm backed to conservation swampland. I've had local LEO's check it out and they say it's gtg and my neighbors even shoot with me. I got into cans so I could shoot in my backyard and not annoy my neighbors. It also just makes the entire experience more enjoyable.

As far as the videos, I do them for the guy who works too much but likes his toys. The guy who can't get on forums every night and get the skinny on specs. All he has to do is find my video and in 7-10min he will have all the info he needs to make an informed decision. We use a very succinct format that showcases the item in high detail as if the viewer is at the gunshop handling it in person.

My videos take 40+ hrs to film and post edit. If you think you can do a better job, I'm all for it! I get along great with the other content creators as we are all on the same team here. We enjoy our work and enjoy seeing companies grow after our efforts. As well as all the positive feedback and questions on forums, YouTube, Full30, and Instagram.

So rather than sit here on a forum and complain on how we are doing it wrong, go drop $6,000+ on a decent camera, $3000 on a decent computer, $60,000+ on host guns, $100/mo in fuel expenses, $600/mo in ammo and all your free time and go out there and show us how it's done!

Then after 5 years of hard work figuring out what works and what doesn't you'll have a good rep with the online community and gun companies alike. Then you can host annual shoots where that same hard working guy with limited time for research can actually come out to an event, demo the can in person and meet all the CEO's and people he's watched in reviews for the last 11/mo. It means the world to that guy, newcomers and seasoned NFA buyers. So, go on! Get out there and show us how it's done brother!

Oh and if you wish to come hear some cans in person you are more than welcome to come to this event I'm hosting. Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I love posts like this! When people just ASSume things and pull context clues from thin air.

No, it's not illegal to shoot safely in your backyard in FL. We were shooting at a downward angle into a berm backed to conservation swampland. I've had local LEO's check it out and they say it's gtg and my neighbors even shoot with me. I got into cans so I could shoot in my backyard and not annoy my neighbors. It also just makes the entire experience more enjoyable.

As far as the videos, I do them for the guy who works too much but likes his toys. The guy who can't get on forums every night and get the skinny on specs. All he has to do is find my video and in 7-10min he will have all the info he needs to make an informed decision. We use a very succinct format that showcases the item in high detail as if the viewer is at the gunshop handling it in person.

My videos take 40+ hrs to film and post edit. If you think you can do a better job, I'm all for it! I get along great with the other content creators as we are all on the same team here. We enjoy our work and enjoy seeing companies grow after our efforts. As well as all the positive feedback and questions on forums, YouTube, Full30, and Instagram.

So rather than sit here on a forum and complain on how we are doing it wrong, go drop $6,000+ on a decent camera, $3000 on a decent computer, $60,000+ on host guns, $100/mo in fuel expenses, $600/mo in ammo and all your free time and go out there and show us how it's done!

Then after 5 years of hard work figuring out what works and what doesn't you'll have a good rep with the online community and gun companies alike. Then you can host annual shoots where that same hard working guy with limited time for research can actually come out to an event, demo the can in person and meet all the CEO's and people he's watched in reviews for the last 11/mo. It means the world to that guy, newcomers and seasoned NFA buyers. So, go on! Get out there and show us how it's done brother!

Oh and if you wish to come hear some cans in person you are more than welcome to come to this event I'm hosting. Thanks!

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/NFA-shoot_IG-1-1_zpsul4dqj9h.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Repeat after me….

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/NFA-shoot_IG-1-1_zpsul4dqj9h.jpg

straight for the jugular.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Repeat after me….

The Denzel Washington "Boom" gif is what came to mind for me. I thought about correcting that guy about some of his incorrect assumptions, but decided to let NFAReview respond to it instead...so glad I did, that was worth it.

NFAReview, I've noticed on some videos you list dB values. Do you sometimes have access to a meter or are those always manufacturer numbers?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Repeat after me….

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Denzel Washington "Boom" gif is what came to mind for me. I thought about correcting that guy about some of his incorrect assumptions, but decided to let NFAReview respond to it instead...so glad I did, that was worth it.

NFAReview, I've noticed on some videos you list dB values. Do you sometimes have access to a meter or are those always manufacturer numbers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Repeat after me….

lol

Yeah sometimes it's from a meter BK2209 but most of the time it's the published numbers from the manufacturer. I realized that during testing the numbers always varied so much due to differences in altitude, barometric pressure, relative humidity, temp, etc between the manufacturers testing location and mine. That and one test on our range on Monday would yield completely different numbers on Tuesday.

The manufactures these days aren't playing the dB fluff game of the 90's. They know they can't get away with it and that eventually someone would call them out on outlandish claims. So from my experience, the companies I deal with are all good to go. The perceived tone from the shooter and onlooker is more important to me. It can make or break a shooting experience.

The only true way to buy a can with 100% certainty that it meets your requirements is by watching videos like mine and others then finding a local SOT that has it in stock for demo. This way you know it meets your mounting goals, host goals, maintenance goals, etc and that the tone is acceptable to YOUR ears. That's the only way. I stopped chasing dB numbers a couple years ago but then again, when I was new to cans (2006) it's ALL I cared about. I get it, I used to read archive charts till my eyes bled lol.

Thanks for all your support as well man. Hope the videos help you in some way!
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for supporting the silencer community. There's nothing else like your videos out there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks for supporting the silencer community. There's nothing else like your videos out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 i like the "Top Secret" method you use to record your sound. I have my tower hocked up through a pioneer SS system and with it cranked decently the unsupressed to suppressed sound is the most realistic i have came across on videos
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I want to say thanks to NFAR and TNB for providing great content and reviews for us to process. It sucks having to buy an item without hearing it first, paying a tax, and then waiting 6 months to finally hear it person. You guys are about as close as it gets to me shooting and hearing in person and I applaud your efforts. I push newcomers to your channels to get the skinny.

My only complaint is that I don't get to do what you do.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I want to say thanks to NFAR and TNB for providing great content and reviews for us to process. It sucks having to buy an item without hearing it first, paying a tax, and then waiting 6 months to finally hear it person. You guys are about as close as it gets to me shooting and hearing in person and I applaud your efforts. I push newcomers to your channels to get the skinny.

View Quote

Thanks so much!  It's trite but true- what we do wouldn't matter one bit if we didn't have viewer support.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

+1 i like the "Top Secret" method you use to record your sound. I have my tower hocked up through a pioneer SS system and with it cranked decently the unsupressed to suppressed sound is the most realistic i have came across on videos
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That right there made me smile! Thats the quality we are shooting for and I'm glad it's helping. It's hard when one has crappy speakers but watching these reviews with a good set of headphones or a solid stereo system will really immerse you in the sound! Thanks for your support!
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks so much!  It's trite but true- what we do wouldn't matter one bit if we didn't have viewer support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed! Without the support we have we would be out of a job! I try my hardest to respond to my 10-15 PM's on FB, IG, YT, etc within a reasonable timeframe. Everyone is important!
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Just a heads up but they are not shipping with the flat end cap for "no-wipe" applications, they apparently decided to make you purchase that separately (despite alluding to that being apart of the total package).  So you won't find one included in the box when you go do your form 4.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just a heads up but they are not shipping with the flat end cap for "no-wipe" applications, they apparently decided to make you purchase that separately (despite alluding to that being apart of the total package).  So you won't find one included in the box when you go do your form 4.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also, the pistons haven't been manufactured yet. Mine shipped from Capitol Armory without my selection. They indicated it would be shipped to me at a later date.

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Also, the pistons haven't been manufactured yet. Mine shipped from Capitol Armory without my selection. They indicated it would be shipped to me at a later date.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I emailed Dead Air direct and they stated no pistons are included in the purchase.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I emailed Dead Air direct and they stated no pistons are included in the purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dead Air doesn't sell direct. Capitol Armory had a drop-down to make my piston selection.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#35]
The more I hear about this can, the less appeal it has to me, especially at a price tag of $850 . The Obsidian seems to be a far better deal IMO. Disclaimer: I have a Sandman-S and mask on form 4 , and am considering getting a Sandman-L .
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The more I hear about this can, the less appeal it has to me, especially at a price tag of $850 . The Obsidian seems to be a far better deal IMO. Disclaimer: I have a Sandman-S and mask on form 4 , and am considering getting a Sandman-L .
View Quote

I agree and I'm kind of bummed out that I already put money down.  I was under the impression that it came with a .45 piston default and the non-wipe endcap.  Now I hear I'll only be getting the 1/2x28 piston I paid extra for and the flat endcap will be additional money too.  Obsidian is looking like it could have been a better choice  

With the piston costing extra the package is nearly $300 more and they appear to have nearly identical performance.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm pleased with my other cans from them for sure, was just very disheartening to see them renege on including the flush end cap, after every video demonstration of it you see has it.  At $850 I see no reason for the omission, but guess that's what you get for paying in full for something that the dealer themself don't even have in hand yet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I was under the impression they just have not been made yet and what ever your selection was that capitol armory will send that piston along once it comes in.

See above
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Ghost doesn't ship with a piston, but a piston is included in MAP price.  So the dealer can add in one piston without charging more and still adhere to MAP.  Not much different than a lot of other pistol suppressors that don't come with a piston anymore--- dealers essentially throw them in.  
View Quote

Do you know why they chose not to include the flat cap after the fact?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
On the flat cap, I have no idea.  It's not MAKING it need a wipe, the can is able to be shot without the wipe with that endcap.  If I had to guess, it was redundant to add in another piece that did the exact same thing, but was 1/8" or something shorter.  

I could see the annoyance with it not including a second end cap, but meh, not a huge deal.  As far as if you're annoyed about it not shipping with a piston, that's more of an issue to take up with your dealer rather than Dead Air.  (Since again, the MAP includes a piston.)
View Quote

They modified the wipe cap so it can be used with or without the wipe, so two caps became unnecessary.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They modified the wipe cap so it can be used with or without the wipe, so two caps became unnecessary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the flat cap, I have no idea.  It's not MAKING it need a wipe, the can is able to be shot without the wipe with that endcap.  If I had to guess, it was redundant to add in another piece that did the exact same thing, but was 1/8" or something shorter.  

I could see the annoyance with it not including a second end cap, but meh, not a huge deal.  As far as if you're annoyed about it not shipping with a piston, that's more of an issue to take up with your dealer rather than Dead Air.  (Since again, the MAP includes a piston.)

Are they planning to at least sell them?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...If I had to guess, it was redundant to add in another piece that did the exact same thing, but was 1/8" or something shorter.  

I could see the annoyance with it not including a second end cap, but meh, not a huge deal...

If this is the case, I'm fine with only one end cap to deal with. Perhaps I am an outlier, but I don't feel the least bit cheated.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If this is the case, I'm fine with only one end cap to deal with. Perhaps I am an outlier, but I don't feel the least bit cheated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
...If I had to guess, it was redundant to add in another piece that did the exact same thing, but was 1/8" or something shorter.  

I could see the annoyance with it not including a second end cap, but meh, not a huge deal...

There are videos of Pappas at SHOT demonstrating the can (with both caps), saying you don't have to use the wipe in the wipe end cap, it's perfectly fine without it. So that aspect of it is nothing new.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#46]
The wipes are also super durable and are expected to be pretty cheap.  I can't imagine shooting with a shot-out wipe would be any louder than shooting with the original non-wipe endcap, and one wipe can potentially last for a case of ammo (though not at peak sound reduction) as demonstrated at SHOT Show Range Day.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I really dig the Ghost design and may eventually get one but I did jump on the Obsidian as soon as it was announced and don't regret that choice. The fact that it is compatible with Silencerco pistons (Already have 4 Silencerco pistol cans with all pistons I need) really sealed the deal for me. I may have to jump on that Dead Air AK can before getting Ghost.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can see by "creating" a wipe cap from the beginning that it could be construed as two being unnecessary, but there is nothing to modify to shoot "no wipe" in a wipe cap other than leaving the wipe itself out. Maybe I'm missing something here. I wouldn't be as perturbed if the can was designed so the wipe cap sat flush with the end of the can in both configurations. I gotta say that after i just paid $850, plus my $50 transfer fee, that is a lousy way to save a buck after implying on multiple SHOT videos that it was part of the can.  The flat cap wasn't touted as being available in different apertures, rather a wipe cap was added. Also, doesn't that change the OAL spec of the can that was listed on the Form 3? I'd bet a pack of wipes the listed spec is with the flat cap. Just sayin.....
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I can see by "creating" a wipe cap from the beginning that it could be construed as two being unnecessary, but there is nothing to modify to shoot "no wipe" in a wipe cap other than leaving the wipe itself out. Maybe I'm missing something here. I wouldn't be as perturbed if the can was designed so the wipe cap sat flush with the end of the can in both configurations. I gotta say that after i just paid $850, plus my $50 transfer fee, that is a lousy way to save a buck after implying on multiple SHOT videos that it was part of the can.  The flat cap wasn't touted as being available in different apertures, rather a wipe cap was added. Also, doesn't that change the OAL spec of the can that was listed on the Form 3? I'd bet a pack of wipes the listed spec is with the flat cap. Just sayin.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Dead Air doesn't sell direct. Capitol Armory had a drop-down to make my piston selection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think NFAreviews said that none are included but there you can get one for free from dead air. The idea was instead of including one that may or may not work with your gun, you can pick which one you need.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top