Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I was told the back order list is short for them, this was about 2/3 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
any chance of some sort of arfcom discount code or otherwise?

REALLY wanna buy a barrel for my new glock, shipped from AAC its 285.77, from silencerco shipped its 252.22, and from midway for a storm lake its $230 shipped. This is for a metric G19.

Shameless inquiry.

Seriously though, I've got 3 of your cans and like 9 of your muzzle devices, quite happy with my purchases and y'all did a very fast latch replacement for me recently. Glad y'all are on the site now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not enough demand for a "mini7"

We get this all the time "you should build this xxx I'd buy one" in all reality if we can't make runs of 1000 we can't justify it. If we did small runs no one would pay the high price. It's a balancing act.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any eta on the next batch of Mini 4's?

Or better yet, the Mini 7s? The demand is overwhelmingly there...

We get this all the time "you should build this xxx I'd buy one" in all reality if we can't make runs of 1000 we can't justify it. If we did small runs no one would pay the high price. It's a balancing act.

I think the term would more appropriately be there isn't enough demand at the price point AAC would establish to earn X margin. I'm sure AAC knows  thing or two about economies of scale as well
It blows my mind to think you couldn't sell 1k mini 7s in the Sandman/Recce 7 price bracket of under $750 with a mount
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the response. Understood. I guess the next questions are how many runs are needed and how is demand calculated? Just seems logical that if the Mini4 (esp considering 556 doesn't suppress all that well to begin with) can make it, which by all accounts it has, the 7 could too. Wishful thinking I guess.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the mini 4 supposed to come with a mount? I just got mine and it doesn't have one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the response. Understood. I guess the next questions are how many runs are needed and how is demand calculated? Just seems logical that if the Mini4 (esp considering 556 doesn't suppress all that well to begin with) can make it, which by all accounts it has, the 7 could too. Wishful thinking I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The socom 762 minis are very slow sellers. I don't think the mini 7 would do much better even at the price point.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The socom 762 minis are very slow sellers. I don't think the mini 7 would do much better even at the price point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess if it was a grand or $1200 and a really loud then ya...
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:43:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I just did a Google search for the mini 7. It's obvious that a ton of people really want it (or wantED it). I think the whole thing now Is that AAC knows they missed their window. I don't think it'd be a good idea at this point IMO.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is the mini 4 supposed to come with a mount? I just got mine and it doesn't have one.
View Quote

Yes its supposed to come with a mount. Some shops are sketchy and cheap so they pull the mount to try and squeeze another $100 out of you. Thats what happened to me with a Silencerco can. I was less than pleased when I found out.

And just so my question doesnt get burried again.

Eta on that mini 4 batch?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes its supposed to come with a mount. Some shops are sketchy and cheap so they pull the mount to try and squeeze another $100 out of you. Thats what happened to me with a Silencerco can. I was less than pleased when I found out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not necessarily dealers removing the mounts. AAC didn't start including mounts until last year. Anyone one with old stock may not have mounts included.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:21:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not necessarily dealers removing the mounts. AAC didn't start including mounts until last year. Anyone one with old stock may not have mounts included.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm. My M4-1000 from 2008 came with one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They would run promos from time to time.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All 18T/51T cans came with one until about 2009.  Then they were not included. AAC started including them again in late 2014 and into 2015.  The big bore stuff still doesn't include mounts but everything 762 and down now does.  At least for now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just did a Google search for the mini 7. It's obvious that a ton of people really want it (or wantED it). I think the whole thing now Is that AAC knows they missed their window. I don't think it'd be a good idea at this point IMO.
View Quote

They definitely missed the window if it's more expensive than a Recce 7/Sandman-S/Razor
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bought mine yesterday without a mount for $499.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

good price....where?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

good price....where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good price....where?

Ya, like $100 under what I'm seeing
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

good price....where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good price....where?

I live minutes from Cherokee

I got the only one they had.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Outstanding NEWS!!

Welcome back brothers!!

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We have another Mini4 build this month.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have another Mini4 build this month.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What people really want and what they really need are two different things in our opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What people really want and what they really need are two different things in our opinion.

Agreed. However, I don't "need" the handful of AAC rifle cans that I have. I can try to justify them as rational purchases all I want but the bottom line is that I wanted them so I bought them. "Need" had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agreed. However, I don't "need" the handful of AAC rifle cans that I have. I can try to justify them as rational purchases all I want but the bottom line is that I wanted them so I bought them. "Need" had absolutely nothing to do with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can see it both ways. I'm sure lots of people would love one for a little 300blk but AAC is worried about all the whiny bitches that would slap it on a short 308 and then complain it didn't work
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What people really want and what they really need are two different things in our opinion. The "Mini4 type" had a purpose in military application and then the civilian market wanted it as a result.

A "Mini7" would in our opinion be a expensive extremely loud non hearing safe mistake. Short cans are loud and especially a 30 cal coupled with a SBR... not fun.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but sometimes a dose or reality is needed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What people really want and what they really need are two different things in our opinion. The "Mini4 type" had a purpose in military application and then the civilian market wanted it as a result.

A "Mini7" would in our opinion be a expensive extremely loud non hearing safe mistake. Short cans are loud and especially a 30 cal coupled with a SBR... not fun.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but sometimes a dose or reality is needed.

For crying out loud.....advertise it the same as a mini 4......for use on 14.5 and 16 guns.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Ti-Rant 45 is not user serviceable. Will AAC "jailbreak" my Ti-Rant 45 for me?

I paid some guy to jailbreak my Tirant.  If I could remember who, I would tell you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I can see it both ways. I'm sure lots of people would love one for a little 300blk but AAC is worried about all the whiny bitches that would slap it on a short 308 and then complain it didn't work
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone was just complaining about a 762SD on a bolt gun with 300blk so ya, people will complain no matter what.
It's up to the manufacturer to set realistic expectations and if the consumer still demands, I say produce it
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Someone was just complaining about a 762SD on a bolt gun with 300blk so ya, people will complain no matter what.
It's up to the manufacturer to set realistic expectations and if the consumer still demands, I say produce it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally agree.

AAC wouldn't have the 762-SDN-6 if NSW didn't "want" it .......:
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#29]
More cans is a plus for the market. A lot of GREAT competition out there.

Anything you could announce product wise for the future? Projects etc?

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sorry nothing in the works for 18x1 right now not enough demand at this time.
View Quote

You guys seen the 250+ page CZ Scorpion Evo thread in the PCC section?

There's a lot of suppressors in there.

I went with an Omega 9K specifically because I liked how low profile and simple the direct thread 18mm mount offering they had was.

Curious as to what lead to that decision.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Totally agree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally agree.

lol, i own a salvo 12... talk about "want it" vs "need it"

i would totally buy a mini7, but thank you AAC for being clear as to why it is not possible. i will just hope you change your mind. i'll commit to purchase if you re-evaluate that decision.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like one of you crafty form 1 guys needs to chop a 762 SD down and make your own
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top