Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/6/2016 9:08:25 PM EDT
I just bought two more cans.  An Omega and Specwar K 556.  That plus my two others in jail (Osprey K45, Gemtech Multimount) and two Form 1 SBRs makes me retarded with this stuff.  I've cut the quantity of firearms in order or have only SBRs and dedicated cans for each.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel you, between what I started buying mid last year and into this year I have/ will have 21 stamps in process (between SBRing stuff and cans). Im done until 2017 once mid summer hits though, need to spend my money else where.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I already have three SBRs and a 556RC but you've got me beat!
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Needless to say I went a little retarded but I figure id get it out of the way now. Next step is night vision Such an expensive hobby.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Been in the SBR game for a long time, just ordered my first can... Wish I had done it a long time ago

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel you. I got 1 form 1 out there. Considering up to 3+ more. Also have 2 suppressors waiting on form 3s. Considering getting another one.
But I jump into this because of 41p so I guess that's what will probably put me on hold for a little while with all of this.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Same boat, same fever. I got three stamps back in the last six months, have another pending, *three more on F3s and two more that are soon to be. Just when I think it's over, I go off the deep end again.

ETA: *four
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:10:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I form 1'd an extra ar-15 lower in December before the ruling because I was afraid they were going to force the leo sign off on everything and wanted a 14.5 inch ar-15. Past that I already had a pretty good collection of suppressors(22, 9, 45, 5.56, 308), 2 sbr'd ar-15's, and an M10 machinegun. I also have a second 45 suppressor pending but that is because I'm leaving the first which is full auto rated on the m10 and want one for the pistols.

I do have some extra suppressor plans as well as getting a sig mpx at some point but honestly I'm not in a big rush. 41p ending up being nowhere near as bad as I was thinking it would be. The only reason I went with a trust originally was because I couldn't get leo sign offs. The extra fingerprints and photos will be a pain but workable.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm doing the same thing... I just got my 1st can. (ACC Tirant) Next day bought a 30 cal can for the 3 SBRs I already have.

BUT I HAVNT GOTTEN RID OF ANYTHING! SOMEONE STAHHHHHPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEE!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:44:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Slightly off topic question on NFA.  Can I fill out paperwork for multiple SBRs and get the signoff and sit on it until I want to spend the money and send it in?  Or is their a time limit?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#11]
NFA items are an addicting hobby fire sure, once you have s collection of suppressors you will be looking at buying a MG
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#12]
My trust was signed 18 months ago.  I am on stamp 14 with 4 more planned with my tax return...

MAHA
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

NFA items are an addicting hobby fire sure, once you have s collection of suppressors you will be looking at buying a MG
View Quote
^^^This man, speaks the truth .... welcome to the rabbit hole!

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Right there with y'all.  I set up my trust last November and bought a Silencerco Omega,  then a Hybrid,  now I have 2 AR lowers to SBR.  Will be buying a Scorpion Evo to SBR as soon as I can and a Silencerco Omega 9k to live on it.  Then a dedicated pistol can which I'm in the air on and a spectre II for my 22s....... And I'm contemplating a 556k type can and a second 30 Cal can. Luckily this is the first time in 9 years I'll actually get a tax return so the list may grow a little more I just don't know what else to get
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Right there with y'all.  I set up my trust last November and bought a Silencerco Omega,  then a Hybrid,  now I have 2 AR lowers to SBR.  Will be buying a Scorpion Evo to SBR as soon as I can and a Silencerco Omega 9k to live on it.  Then a dedicated pistol can which I'm in the air on and a spectre II for my 22s....... And I'm contemplating a 556k type can and a second 30 Cal can. Luckily this is the first time in 9 years I'll actually get a tax return so the list may grow a little more I just don't know what else to get
View Quote
Your life may not be complete without a SBS.  I'm not much of a shotgun guy but my 12.5" 870 SBS blunderbuss is all kinds of fun.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a NFA trust set up six years ago but life got in the way of using it.  Had no idea about the whole 41P/F until last March and was not going to let the trust go unused.  Since then, I have 14 stamps approved (4 SBR, 1 SBS, 9 Cans), and three more cans in NFA jail.  I am hoping the Gen2 Scorpion will be out before July and I always wanted a Krink!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Your life may not be complete without a SBS.  I'm not much of a shotgun guy but my 12.5" 870 SBS blunderbuss is all kinds of fun.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do have an 870 that's collecting dust..... I'd love to have a benelli m4 sbs.  My focus so far has been on cans and a couple SBRs but you may be on to something.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had a NFA trust set up six years ago but life got in the way of using it.  Had no idea about the whole 41P/F until last March and was not going to let the trust go unused.  Since then, I have 14 stamps approved (4 SBR, 1 SBS, 9 Cans), and three more cans in NFA jail.  I am hoping the Gen2 Scorpion will be out before July and I always wanted a Krink!  
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I do have an 870 that's collecting dust..... I'd love to have a benelli m4 sbs.  My focus so far has been on cans and a couple SBRs but you may be on to something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been thinking about an SBS.  Not sure what I want to do.  A pump would be easy but you are usually limited to about 14".  A semi would kick ass but they cost more.  I am looking at options.

MAHA
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#20]
12" 870 SBS FTW.

Quoted:

I have been thinking about an SBS.  Not sure what I want to do.  A pump would be easy but you are usually limited to about 14".  A semi would kick ass but they cost more.  I am looking at options.

MAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I recently decided to work on my first two. The 870 holds one less round than the 500, so you get the option of going shorter.

Bought two 870s. I added a +1 to the 12ga and filed for 14"...but left the 20ga stock and went 12.5". On the 20ga, I bought the compact version so it's an inch shorter to start with. Should be ~2.5" difference. With a ghost load, the 12ga should still hold seven.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
12" 870 SBS FTW.

I recently decided to work on my first two. The 870 holds one less round than the 500, so you get the option of going shorter.

Bought two 870s. I added a +1 to the 12ga and filed for 14"...but left the 20ga stock and went 12.5". On the 20ga, I bought the compact version so it's an inch shorter to start with. Should be ~2.5" difference. With a ghost load, the 12ga should still hold seven.

In before THSF Salvo order.

I'd rather have the shortest package instead of one extra round, but it doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling like a 30 round mag.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nope. My twisted mind is thinking F1. But something like a shorter version of the Xcaliber can. Even contemplating what happens if you submit a modular design for an F1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before THSF Salvo order.

Nope. My twisted mind is thinking F1. But something like a shorter version of the Xcaliber can. Even contemplating what happens if you submit a modular design for an F1.

I thought long and hard about doing one, but the cost to suppression/modularity ratio was way off. Way too many variables for my non-machinist skills.

Don't forget the build thread.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#25]
just went on the clock for a griffin sportsman TM and my multimount has an error letter I havent received yet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

870 Blunderbuss!!!??? Pics PRETTY PLEASE!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#27]
For those of us getting ready to take the leap. Would it be better to wait until after July or just go ahead and jump on in? I need to get a trust filled out and start the process.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Yea I think before 41p goes into effect, I'm gonna just buy 4 tubes from sd and file for 4 form 1 cans and then 2 more sbr's.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just what I call it - every time I shoot it I think about that blunderbuss from the  Swedish Chef.  It makes about a 4" pattern at about 7 yards. Now that you got me thinking about it though, it might not be that hard to make a flared end for it... it IS threaded for chokes...

" />

Old pic - it has a Hogue short stock and grip on it now but I'm thinking about going back to the wood.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For those of us getting ready to take the leap. Would it be better to wait until after July or just go ahead and jump on in? I need to get a trust filled out and start the process.
View Quote

Waiting is NEVER the answer in the NFA game
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was afraid of that..
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I was afraid of that..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was afraid of that..

He's right you know.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Just mailed off my paperwork today for two cans, my first NFA items and I am already itching to get something else. I really want to do a SBR with one of the lowers in my safe and get a pistol can before July. Uggghhh... I am assuming it should be pretty easy to do a form 1 for an SBR online correct?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just mailed off my paperwork today for two cans, my first NFA items and I am already itching to get something else. I really want to do a SBR with one of the lowers in my safe and get a pistol can before July. Uggghhh... I am assuming it should be pretty easy to do a form 1 for an SBR online correct?
View Quote

Yup. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_55/457960_.html
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks...Form 1 submitted. I had no idea it was that easy, it literally took 10 minutes to finish the paperwork.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thanks...Form 1 submitted. I had no idea it was that easy, it literally took 10 minutes to finish the paperwork.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boom. Congrats!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Yea, in the last 3 weeks I have grabbed a MK18 mil spec SBR, Spectre II, Sandman-S, and form 1'd a lower for a 11.5 Stag LH SBR.  Looking to grab 2-3 more suppressors and maybe form 1 one more lower closer to July.

Wife is ok with all this since I now want to buy land to build a house on...that has plenty of space to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#38]
It's not that hard... I have stayed out of NFAland since November .  I'm not even looking at the Ghost-M, Obsidian, Razor, Recce5, Osprey9, Mist right now.  I'm not, really!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm doing the same thing... I just got my 1st can. (ACC Tirant) Next day bought a 30 cal can for the 3 SBRs I already have.

View Quote

Sorry. You're in the wrong place for that kind of help.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My trust was signed 18 months ago.  I am on stamp 14 with 4 more planned with my tax return...

MAHA
View Quote

Once again, if I hang out somewhere enough, I'm not so out there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

MAHA
View Quote

Addict!!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...just a bunch of thoroughly suppressed enablers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok I said earlier in the thread that I was in no rush but tonight I went out to grab a mid length gas tube for a build I'm finishing up(the one I had was messed up). The local shop had a Griffin Armament M4SD-II in stock. I had been debating on getting it or another gemtech halo(the TI one, I have a regular now). Took a look at it and figured what the hell. Had a check with me to send to the ATF and pulled up a copy of my trust off my phone. Dealer is going to mail out the paperwork tomorrow.

This is after I noticed that the BCM MK12 mod 1 was briefly in stock with the KAC rail. It is ordered as well with the Ops inc style brake. Now I need to find an Allen Engineering AEM5 for it......

So yea by the end of the year there is a good chance I'll have 3 5.56 cans. This is on top of the 22, 9mm, 2 45, and 308 cans I already have(well one of the 45 cans is still in jail).
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ok I said earlier in the thread that I was in no rush but tonight I went out to grab a mid length gas tube for a build I'm finishing up(the one I had was messed up). The local shop had a Griffin Armament M4SD-II in stock. I had been debating on getting it or another gemtech halo(the TI one, I have a regular now). Took a look at it and figured what the hell. Had a check with me to send to the ATF and pulled up a copy of my trust off my phone. Dealer is going to mail out the paperwork tomorrow.

This is after I noticed that the BCM MK12 mod 1 was briefly in stock with the KAC rail. It is ordered as well with the Ops inc style brake. Now I need to find an Allen Engineering AEM5 for it......

So yea by the end of the year there is a good chance I'll have 3 5.56 cans. This is on top of the 22, 9mm, 2 45, and 308 cans I already have(well one of the 45 cans is still in jail).
View Quote

I envy guys like you! I just keep telling myself "one day".
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:51:13 AM EDT
[#45]
November 2013 I went in to buy one and my first can, just one.  I bought three.  Just over two years later, I have 10 stamps, 1 SBR and 9 cans, and have two more cans on the way, 1 more SBR planned and most likely one more can.  I have deliberately not added up the cost, I don't want to know.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:05:36 AM EDT
[#46]
I've almost finished my 12 step program.  Trust was written March 2015. I now have 11 stamps. 3 factory cans, 4 form 1 cans,  and 4 SBRs.

Will probably sbr one more lower, get another 556 can,  and file 2 more form 1 cans and that's it. I swear this time,  that's it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
12" 870 SBS FTW.

How do you liek the 20ga?  After thinking about it a little.  I am leaning towards a 20 ga pump and possibly a 12 semi.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#48]
i feel your pain. july 2015 i filed my first form 1, on  a sig m400 ar pistol, , and bought a omega suppressor 2 weeks later... i got the sbr approved mid november, and suppressor mid january. i WISH i had bought a lot more nfa shit in 2015..... vs regular gun shit)  41p being finalized got me motivated to buy as much as possible before the rule changes in july 2016. hell i just filed my second form one online last night for the ar lower.... i will REALLY hate it when that changes... i fucking LOVE being able to sbr shit, from my reloading table... takes approx 10 minutes to do the paperwork and pay with a credit card..... i will REALLY miss that !.

since jan 1st, i have bought

two suppressors, ( aac element II .22 suppressor, and a sico 45 octane), with a sico hybrid on backorder.

filed my form 1's on.
#1. s&w 15-22 rifle, to sbr it.
#2. rock river ar lower, to sbr it.

i will be sending two more lowers off march 1st to be engraved, ( possibly more, as im considering doing a 10/22 as well and have another 15-22 id like to sbr) and file a form 1 on them probably in april, and may. if everything works out i will have bought / built approx 7  nfa items by the july deadline...POSSIBLY as many as 10 filed just this year since july. if i was not on a much tighter budget, this year, and saving as much money as i reasonably can... id be doing a lot more, like buying 2-3 more suppressors, and buying and sbring a sig mpx or two.. .   i wont be able to afford to build my sbr's until 2017 or later, but they will be approved, and stamped.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
i feel your pain. july 2015 i filed my first form 1, on  a sig m400 ar pistol, , and bought a omega suppressor 2 weeks later... i got the sbr approved mid november, and suppressor mid january. i WISH i had bought a lot more nfa shit in 2015..... vs regular gun shit)  41p being finalized got me motivated to buy as much as possible before the rule changes in july 2016. hell i just filed my second form one online last night for the ar lower.... i will REALLY hate it when that changes... i fucking LOVE being able to sbr shit, from my reloading table... takes approx 10 minutes to do the paperwork and pay with a credit card..... i will REALLY miss that !.

since jan 1st, i have bought

two suppressors, ( aac element II .22 suppressor, and a sico 45 octane), with a sico hybrid on backorder.

filed my form 1's on.
#1. s&w 15-22 rifle, to sbr it.
#2. rock river ar lower, to sbr it.

i will be sending two more lowers off march 1st to be engraved, ( possibly more, as im considering doing a 10/22 as well and have another 15-22 id like to sbr) and file a form 1 on them probably in april, and may. if everything works out i will have bought / built approx 7  nfa items by the july deadline...POSSIBLY as many as 10 filed just this year since july. if i was not on a much tighter budget, this year, and saving as much money as i reasonably can... id be doing a lot more, like buying 2-3 more suppressors, and buying and sbring a sig mpx or two.. .   i wont be able to afford to build my sbr's until 2017 or later, but they will be approved, and stamped.
View Quote

The irresponsible thing to say is: "are there changes to the mortgage industry after July? No? You can save money next year. 2016 is for buying NfA"
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I form 1'd an extra ar-15 lower in December before the ruling because I was afraid they were going to force the leo sign off on everything and wanted a 14.5 inch ar-15. Past that I already had a pretty good collection of suppressors(22, 9, 45, 5.56, 308), 2 sbr'd ar-15's, and an M10 machinegun. I also have a second 45 suppressor pending but that is because I'm leaving the first which is full auto rated on the m10 and want one for the pistols.

I do have some extra suppressor plans as well as getting a sig mpx at some point but honestly I'm not in a big rush. 41p ending up being nowhere near as bad as I was thinking it would be. The only reason I went with a trust originally was because I couldn't get leo sign offs. The extra fingerprints and photos will be a pain but workable.
View Quote

i have a 11.5" ar sbr, and honestly, other than being cool to play with.... its not a fun gun to shoot, without good hearing protection,.... i believe ALL of my ar sbr's from now on, will be 14.5" rifles, with light weight barrels, and light weight handguards.  .... plus the 14.5" barrel will accept a bayonet... which i really find fun.  not much in the way of accessories, just a light weight light, a aimpoint, buis, etc..... ( i need the aimpoints more these days due to old eye syndrome. )

i have one " lightweight" ar rifle i built for my gf... its a 16", with ultra light barrel, and a light midwest industries rail.... its a REALLY light rifle, compared to my standard rock river rifles and their fat assed heavy barrels. i can see myself EVENTUALLY replacing all my barrels with the light weight ones, and most of my ar's being 14.5" rifles.

now, my 15-22, will be short.. it will have a 6" barrel, and a pretty much dedicated suppressor... it will be my plinker / squirrel hunting rifle.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top