Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The SD scratches a very specific itch and requires a dedicated suppressor.

My list would have the SD at the bottom with a tossup between the "K" and the MP5 as 1 or 2 depending on what your needs/wants are.

Also - if you reload, you can tune a load to produce near SD-like performance without having $4K + 2 stamps sunk into a one trick pony.
View Quote
But it IS quieter is what youre saying, even with fine tuning loads?
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

But it IS quieter is what youre saying, even with fine tuning loads?
View Quote
Not an answer to your question but being able to shoot the 115 and 124 stuff is a nice perk.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not an answer to your question but being able to shoot the 115 and 124 stuff is a nice perk.
View Quote
Very true
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
So is TPM the decided can to roll with?

sorry I'm late joining the party
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
This thread inspired me to buy one. Should have it Spring '18, given current wait times. my RCM can is no slouch (granted when I bought it, there were't many options) but reviews of TPM suppressor have lead me to believe it is probably a better performer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Stop talking about guns I want.
View Quote
10mm is best mm

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Not helping. Is it wrong I want a .40SW SD? I have lots of 40...
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop talking about guns I want.
10mm is best mm

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53395/IMG_8821-349722.JPG
Pretty much my dream gun solely because of the Clancy novel...
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#10]
ordered a TPM today

ETA What my dealer said he might have it by the end of the week?

That would be sweet
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ordered a TPM today

ETA What my dealer said he might have it by the end of the week?

That would be sweet
View Quote
Short or long?

Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Short or long?

Congrats!
View Quote
You know the guy didn't ask on the phone....

I want the long. I hope that's what I'm getting

I'm just gunna drop a email real quick about it ......... already replied, I'm down for a big ole 12'' can

They were cool on the phone though. I'm not sure if theres a sale or not but he kept asking where I found the pricing and asked me to hold up, came back, and sold it for less than it was listed on their website. Guy was like I could have sold it to you full price couldn't I have? I was like lol yep but I appreciate the savings

Now I have to either build or buy a MP5SD
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm just gunna drop a email real quick about it ......... already replied, I'm down for a big ole 12'' can

They were cool on the phone though. I'm not sure if theres a sale or not but he kept asking where I found the pricing and asked me to hold up, came back, and sold it for less than it was listed on their website. Guy was like I could have sold it to you full price couldn't I have? I was like lol yep but I appreciate the savings

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Short or long?

Congrats!

Link Posted: 12/5/2017 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Next time whisper “code: goloud”

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 2:25:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Next time whisper “code: goloud”
View Quote
Lol I can't tell if you're serious or not.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lol I can't tell if you're serious or not.
View Quote
Lol. No. I love those guys. Just mention the AR15.com thread.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#18]
So I dunno which way I'm going to land on building or buying

If I build it Ill probably do something similar to this as I wont feel so bad rattle canning a home brew.

But if I buy it, I don't think I can bring myself to do it as a nicely built one is pretty up there in costs

Link Posted: 12/6/2017 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This thread inspired me to buy one. Should have it Spring '18, given current wait times. my RCM can is no slouch (granted when I bought it, there were't many options) but reviews of TPM suppressor have lead me to believe it is probably a better performer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're about the same for actual dB reduction using a (non-scientific, I know) Android app to measure: the actual resulting sound made is the same dB level. The TPM has a deeper "tone" so it sounds quieter. The TPM suppressor is significantly lighter and makes the SD balance better (I feel). And the knurling is better. And it is of a smaller diameter.

I have both.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They're about the same for actual dB reduction using a (non-scientific, I know) Android app to measure: the actual resulting sound made is the same dB level. The TPM has a deeper "tone" so it sounds quieter. The TPM suppressor is significantly lighter and makes the SD balance better (I feel). And the knurling is better. And it is of a smaller diameter.

I have both.
View Quote
Cool. Look forward to mine. If trend continues, should see it Feb-Mar.

When I bought my RCM can, Mike had some leftovers from a batch on HKPro, and I paid $400. Granted, back when I bought it nobody was doing MP5-SD clones. Jeff Walters built mine from the HKParts.net kit, and it was his first (built from that kit) Now that suppressor use is more common, and MP5 clones are plentiful, I think that has spurred interest in the SD platform. my MP5-SD from Jeff, was $4500 total, including both tax stamps.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When I bought my RCM can, Mike had some leftovers from a batch on HKPro, and I paid $400. Granted, back when I bought it nobody was doing MP5-SD clones. Jeff Walters built mine from the HKParts.net kit, and it was his first (built from that kit) Now that suppressor use is more common, and MP5 clones are plentiful, I think that has spurred interest in the SD platform. my MP5-SD from Jeff, was $4500 total, including both tax stamps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have both.

Yeah I think we were both getting our SD builds started at the same time-ish (I think perhaps you were earlier?). Mine was early 2014 and I agree there weren't many choices for builders or suppressors. Most HK clone builders at that time told me "we don't do SDs, too complicated, too time consuming" and after all the excuses and delays I got from my builder (including me declining it twice) I can see that they are indeed a more involved and finicky build.

I have no idea what mine ended up costing. I collected parts for so long and handed absolutely everything to the builder, then paid him for the build... I can't put a price tag on it, but it doesn't matter, when that thing comes out of the safe and gets shot... it puts a huge grin on my face every time.

I'm planning on buying another SD from TPM Outfitters this coming year. I have too many SD suppressors and not enough hosts!
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Muh SD can is shipping out to my dealer today!

Insane how quick that was
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Muh SD can is shipping out to my dealer today!

Insane how quick that was
View Quote
Ya, my Harvester from Hansohn last month was literally Friday to Monday
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 1:51:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Bump,

SD is back from TPM with an optics rail. I’ll get pics up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Without MSRP, nothing for me to get excited about. And the Reverse stretch is my least favorite, so they've got a ways to go...
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone have any chrono data for different ammo through an MP5SD?

What are the velocities of these?

Gold dot 124
Gold Dot 124 +P
HST 124
HST 124 +P
HST 147

Thanks....
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Do not ever shoot a 147 through a sd. U wil get baffle strikes. The point of a sd is to retard a 124 nato round to subsonic speeds. Shooting a 147 or other subsonic will nake it anemic, and in a 12 inch long can ur gonna have a bad time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do not ever shoot a 147 through a sd. U wil get baffle strikes. The point of a sd is to retard a 124 nato round to subsonic speeds. Shooting a 147 or other subsonic will nake it anemic, and in a 12 inch long can ur gonna have a bad time.
View Quote
I agree, although I do know some people who have, I think the velocity has got to be down in the 7-800s on 147s??
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#30]

TPM added a rail for me
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Ive shot 147s also by accident and thankfully didnt have an issue. . But statistically continually shooting it will eventually lead to a strike. Especially if you're running a fullauto sear and dumps. Ive seen a few pics here and there on the hk forum..
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Ordered a Omega 9K can... and thinking of getting a TPM SD suppressor... but it's killing me trying to decide between the full size and their newer/shorter SD suppressor. Argh!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ordered a Omega 9K can... and thinking of getting a TPM SD suppressor... but it's killing me trying to decide between the full size and their newer/shorter SD suppressor. Argh!!
View Quote
Shorter unless you want the traditional look. I’m getting a shorter can.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Ya’ll convinced me to order a short TPM can today!
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:02:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Do not ever shoot a 147 through a sd. U wil get baffle strikes.
View Quote
No you won't.  ...and I have no idea why anyone would think you would.  The urban legend is that subsonic bullets, already moving slow, will stop in the barrel... but that doesn't seem to happen either.  When I shoot 147s in mine, they fly across my chronograph at about 900 FPS.  Needless to say, they don't stop in the barrel, and I don't get baffle strikes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No you won't.  ...and I have no idea why anyone would think you would.  The urban legend is that subsonic bullets, already moving slow, will stop in the barrel... but that doesn't seem to happen either.  When I shoot 147s in mine, they fly across my chronograph at about 900 FPS.  Needless to say, they don't stop in the barrel, and I don't get baffle strikes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do not ever shoot a 147 through a sd. U wil get baffle strikes.
They dont reccomend subsonics because they won't have enough energy to reliably recoil the bolt.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Got an omega sd receiver and tpm sd can the other day. Now the wait begins
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Is the B&T SD suppressor serviceable, and is does it use stainless baffles? Other than it being the hk factory part, is there any advantage over the tpm sd?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Is the B&T SD suppressor serviceable, and is does it use stainless baffles? Other than it being the hk factory part, is there any advantage over the tpm sd?
View Quote
TPM is quieter and user serviceable!
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#40]
What serial# range is your MRO? Just got one and its 86,000 and I am wondering if I will like the 1.05x magnification.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What serial# range is your MRO? Just got one and its 86,000 and I am wondering if I will like the 1.05x magnification.
View Quote
It’s a new/revised one. I’m a fan.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It’s a new/revised one. I’m a fan.
View Quote
I guess Trijicon will "upgrade" mine for $50... haven't received my mount for it yet, not sure if the 1.05x will be an issue.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Still dig the classic look better... she has some other MP5 vids on her channel as well.

Best MP5 Ever? The MP5SD Full-Auto, Integrally Suppressed
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Still dig the classic look better... she has some other MP5 vids on her channel as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJzxMwr67mU
View Quote
The onlookers... staring at her or the gun?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Bump with additions.

Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#46]
OMG it's beautiful.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Guys, part of me wants to go back to a standard MP5 from my Omega MP5SD. Please help dissuade me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have thousands of rounds of 147/158/165 through mine. With KAC, B&T and TPM cans. Super soft and very quiet shooting. Strikes are not the issue, but wear/tear unless you change out the locking piece.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I agree, although I do know some people who have, I think the velocity has got to be down in the 7-800s on 147s??
View Quote
I am just above 900. It does not bleed off as much since it is already at low pressure. Some of the Freedom stuff is very low power, as low as 850 fps in a regular MP5. with an SD, it is in the low 800s. Have never seen a sub 800 round.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top