Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still no Form 3. This wait is going to be brutal.
View Quote

Yes it is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a Dead Air Ghost 45M on March 15... still haven't seen it... ATF lost Form 3...
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So I sent my SP89 upper to TPM for istalling new 3-lug/threaded barrel and got back few days ago.  TPM definitely did a great job.
 So I took it to the range today for a a test drive.  Ran good.
 Since I don't have Obsidian yet, I have decided to try my old ACC Phantom 9 with IMI 158 grains.  
 Still ran good.  Maybe just a little louder than my MP5 SD (for the sake of comparison, but it's not fair to MP5K though), but I like MP5K because of its weight.
 Overall, a great day at the range, even though, the temp hits triple digits.

<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Mojo_05/media/MP5K%20amp%20AR15-9mm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Mojo_05/MP5K%20amp%20AR15-9mm.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Mojo_05/media/MP5K%20can%20mag.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Mojo_05/MP5K%20can%20mag.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Mojo_05/media/MP5K.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Mojo_05/MP5K.jpg</a>
View Quote

Very nice! Now we can hunt together with suppressed MP5's.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I still got a few months till mine gets in! :/
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]

A pic to hold you guys over.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
bump.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Fiddled around with my SD today:
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Whew... I finally made it through all 29 pages, and I'm ready to jump in.

After visiting Mat and Ken the other day, I'm ready to buy one of everything.  Their shop is beyond awesome.  It's the coolest shop I've ever visited.  They really took their time to show me as much as I wanted, and I never felt like I was interrupting their day.  Their willingness to patiently answer all of my questions and show me the quality that goes into their guns has made them another future customer.

Like a few others, I'm wrestling with the SD vs. -N decision.  I'm waiting for my second HK94 to arrive at my local FFL.  I'm planning on having TPM work their magic on my newest HK94 and convert it to an SD or -N semi-auto clone.  My other HK94 has an early 2-digit serial number and will remain stock and unmolested.

I really like the SD.  It is beyond cool.  However, I'm having a hard time getting over the reduction in performance that results from dropping the 124gr and 115gr bullets to subsonic speeds.  When you read that subsonic 124gr and 115gr 9mm are effectively equivalent to .380, its a bit of a buzz-kill.  

I'm wondering if I would be better served with the -N, a suppressor with a 3-lug adapter, and 147gr subsonic rounds for those times when I want to be as quiet as possible.  If I'm shooting and don't care about the noise level, I could shoot the 124gr and 115gr for a bit more performance.    

Am I missing anything else?  What else should I be considering?  Am I overthinking this?  

(I know the standard answer is to buy both.  I already have another HK94 with the awesomely long 16" barrel.)

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

After visiting Mat and Ken the other day, I'm ready to buy one of everything.  Their shop is beyond awesome.  It's the coolest shop I've ever visited.  They really took their time to show me as much as I wanted, and I never felt like I was interrupting their day.  Their willingness to patiently answer all of my questions and show me the quality that goes into their guns has made them another future customer.

Like a few others, I'm wrestling with the SD vs. -N decision.  I'm waiting for my second HK94 to arrive at my local FFL.  I'm planning on having TPM work their magic on my newest HK94 and convert it to an SD or -N semi-auto clone.  My other HK94 has an early 2-digit serial number and will remain stock and unmolested.

I really like the SD.  It is beyond cool.  However, I'm having a hard time getting over the reduction in performance that results from dropping the 124gr and 115gr bullets to subsonic speeds.  When you read that subsonic 124gr and 115gr 9mm are effectively equivalent to .380, its a bit of a buzz-kill.  

I'm wondering if I would be better served with the -N, a suppressor with a 3-lug adapter, and 147gr subsonic rounds for those times when I want to be as quiet as possible.  If I'm shooting and don't care about the noise level, I could shoot the 124gr and 115gr for a bit more performance.    

Am I missing anything else?  What else should I be considering?  Am I overthinking this?  

(I know the standard answer is to buy both.  I already have another HK94 with the awesomely long 16" barrel.)

<a href="http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/nitmr26/media/P1010327_zpsvh5mfcvj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q766/nitmr26/P1010327_zpsvh5mfcvj.jpg</a>
View Quote

Welcome to the TPM Visitors club! It's not a big one!
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Both. Bought the SD. Saving for the TPM K/PDW.

Quoted:

<a href="http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/nitmr26/media/P1010327_zpsvh5mfcvj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q766/nitmr26/P1010327_zpsvh5mfcvj.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I didn't post this because I was gonna let you have the honor since it's your work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You have signature authority to post whatever you find. Mine or otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#16]
108 days since my checks were cashed! Hopefully that's at least 10% of the wait completed

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 3:12:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A pic to hold you guys over.

<a href="http://s92.photobucket.com/user/HK94dude/media/339010C7-613B-4827-9B48-79853D4BD7D1_zpsggqpxarm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l30/HK94dude/339010C7-613B-4827-9B48-79853D4BD7D1_zpsggqpxarm.jpg</a>

View Quote

Dude.

We should be friends.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone stocking up on mags for their SD?

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#19]
My Form 3 was lost...
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#20]

$70 each?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My Form 3 was lost...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My Form 3 was lost...

Quoted:

$70 each?

Pretty much. Three of those are MKE mags that came with the gun, but they're probably worth almost as much as the HK mags. I want to get more, but at least if they were banned tomorrow I wouldn't be totally screwed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My Form 3 was lost...
View Quote

Feel your pain. Bought my Ghost in mid-Mar. Arrived at dealer last Tuesday.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Not MP5SD related, but I just got in a Form 3 in 25 days. Waiting on others at 90+ days.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

My Form 3 was lost...
View Quote

- for both the suppressor and the SBR?

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not MP5SD related, but I just got in a Form 3 in 25 days. Waiting on others at 90+ days.
View Quote

seen a few recently in the 25-35 day range as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#26]

I really hope the ets mags come through and work well. the thought of buy these expensive ass magazines sucks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Form 3 was lost...

Yup. One batch from TPM was lost at ATF. Not a great start.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Good news! My Pelican 1150 showed up today, so I was finally able to confirm what I thought: 12 MP5 mags fit flawlessly with only the bottom and top foam.

Or you can do 8 MP5 mags and four Glock 18 mags if you feel like taking a couple PCCs to the range...*ahem* Engineer.

Or you can do 8 MP5 mags and two AR-15 mags:

Or a Pelican 1200 will perfectly hold 10 AR mags if that's your priority.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good news! My Pelican 1150 showed up today, so I was finally able to confirm what I thought: 12 MP5 mags fit flawlessly with only the bottom and top foam.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/generalpurpose87/Pelican/20160818_202615_zpsfpf82qvw.jpg

Or you can do 8 MP5 mags and four Glock 18 mags if you feel like taking a couple PCCs to the range...*ahem* Engineer.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/generalpurpose87/Pelican/20160818_203406_zpsanbzspdm.jpg

Or you can do 8 MP5 mags and two AR-15 mags:

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/generalpurpose87/Pelican/20160818_210554_zpsrrygklqn.jpg

Or a Pelican 1200 will perfectly hold 10 AR mags if that's your priority.
View Quote

it also fits my PVS14, DBAL D2, Batteries, and Mounts.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Form 3 was lost...

That sux bro.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Check out the offerings from MadKC and their Sub140 SD suppressed setup.
Hearing safe with standard 9mm, and cycles subs or supers...
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:00:35 AM EDT
[#32]
There should be no supers from an SD.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Anybody know if TPM has any of these in stock at the moment? Im really torn what to buy. I already have an SBR Zenith full-size and K SBR. Im really debating now getting an OMEGA standard pistol vs getting the Omega SD barreled upper or just going crazy and getting TPM complete gun. 30 pages and I still cant make up my mind! I want to complete the trifecta but I keep telling myself the standard MP5 is a more versatile platform and I find myself taking my MP5s SBRs to range more than anything else.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anybody know if TPM has any of these in stock at the moment? Im really torn what to buy. I already have an SBR Zenith full-size and K SBR. Im really debating now getting an OMEGA standard pistol vs getting the Omega SD barreled upper or just going crazy and getting TPM complete gun. 30 pages and I still cant make up my mind! I want to complete the trifecta but I keep telling myself the standard MP5 is a more versatile platform and I find myself taking my MP5s SBRs to range more than anything else.
View Quote

If you wait till Wednesday I'll find out and let you know.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

With a K and FS already, you know what you need.

I trust TPM to build a much better gun than Omega, and the price difference isn't all that much when you break it down. I went with a TPM SD factory SBR, so it didn't matter if it wasn't in stock because I have to wait on the stamps anyway.

TPM's SD seems like an especially good deal to me because their pricing means you're getting the suppressor for only ~$300 more than their K and FS offerings.

I just realized my SD suppressor will be 3x the size of my pending Omega 9K...
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#36]
I also have a pending omega 9k. Ha. I was reading earlier in the thread about ammo choices for SD. My concern is I mostly buy bulk federal 9mm 115gr for plinking and subgun use. Is the cheaper 115 get stuff going to be hot enough to cycle the SD? People were saying it works best with 124 gr nato spec.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I also have a pending omega 9k. Ha. I was reading earlier in the thread about ammo choices for SD. My concern is I mostly buy bulk federal 9mm 115gr for plinking and subgun use. Is the cheaper 115 get stuff going to be hot enough to cycle the SD? People were saying it works best with 124 gr nato spec.
View Quote

This is my ammo of choice and it works just fine.  I've even run steel cased ammo through mine

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

115, 124, and 147 should all be fine. 147 grain subsonic is not recommended because it may get stuck in the barrel, although some people shoot it with success.

Worst case scenario, you can get a 120 degree locking piece for $40 that should run weaker ammo than the factory 115 degree locking piece would allow. In other words, I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I can't believe that I probably won't see mine for a year. That's just not right.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I can't believe that I probably won't see mine for a year. That's just not right.
View Quote

That sucks so badly.

How did you find out about the lost Form 3? And I guess you have to do fingerprints and photos now?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That sucks so badly.

How did you find out about the lost Form 3? And I guess you have to do fingerprints and photos now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks so badly.

Yeah, I planned on post 41F all along.

I emailed TPM just to check in and they told me.  

No big deal. It will get here when it get here. Not much else to do.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Interesting...my checks were cashed four months ago, but I guess it's always a good idea to call and check the status of the form once to make sure it's where it should be.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:32:38 AM EDT
[#43]
I would not leave mp5 mags near anything foam (pelican). They rust. easily. Like a bitch. and it sucks when its 70 a pop.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:01:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I would not leave mp5 mags near anything foam (pelican). They rust. easily. Like a bitch. and it sucks when its 70 a pop.
View Quote

Good point. I plan to only use the Pelican for transport. Mags stay in my safe. But while we're on the topic, what do you do to prevent these mags from rusting?

I have some RemOil wipes that I can wipe them down on the outside pretty easily. Do you oil the inside of the mags, too? Is that possible without potentially harming the primers?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Good point. I plan to only use the Pelican for transport. Mags stay in my safe. But while we're on the topic, what do you do to prevent these mags from rusting?

I have some RemOil wipes that I can wipe them down on the outside pretty easily. Do you oil the inside of the mags, too? Is that possible without potentially harming the primers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WD40 or AeroKroil on the outside for long-term storage. Just want a LIGHT film.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Well I ordered a Omega full-size pistol to go with my K and Full-size Zenith. I haven't ruled out Mp5SD still yet though. Im honestly leaning toward maybe the Omega SD upper and TPM can. The TPM complete SD gun is still tempting though but $$$$. Trying to get a few more stamps in the mail with wait times going up better now than later.

Its hard to justify the SD though with how quiet my octane is on my clones now and my pending OMEGA 9K will be such a short handy package. The SD has a cool factor but not as practical as 3 lug cans.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well I ordered a Omega full-size pistol to go with my K and Full-size Zenith. I haven't ruled out Mp5SD still yet though. Im honestly leaning toward maybe the Omega SD upper and TPM can. The TPM complete SD gun is still tempting though but $$$$. Trying to get a few more stamps in the mail with wait times going up better now than later.

Its hard to justify the SD though with how quiet my octane is on my clones now and my pending OMEGA 9K will be such a short handy package. The SD has a cool factor but not as practical as 3 lug cans.
View Quote

Congrats!

The SD is definitely a niche gun. Let it simmer. It will come to you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#48]

The SD is definitely a niche gun. Let it simmer. It will come to you.

Thats what Im afraid of. I will end up deciding I have to have one and spend more money. I was wanting to save up for a Barrett 82a1. :(
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#49]
My F3 for TPM SD silencer came in. Four months on a F3 - ouch.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My F3 for TPM SD silencer came in. Four months on a F3 - ouch.
View Quote

I just looked at the date on my Form 4 and I am only 4 months into it.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top