Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 10:03:20 PM EDT
Shooting ten ring factory 45 ammo, labeled 800 fps. First off, I forgot a mag so I was single shotting it. Next, I'm using a six inch LWD barrel.
First shot, no can, very accurate but the round just dropped down the grip due to no mag. Then I attached the can, left off the muffs, still accurate, round ejects strong but my ears are ringing.
My buddy comes up, fires one off and says damn that's loud!

How come? To much barrel? Possibly run better with handloads?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]
First off try some different ammo and see what happens. My Octane is noticeably quieter after a few shots have been fired. Is this your first can? If so its not like the movies.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Suppressed .45 is still pretty loud unless you do some specialty handloads.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Not my first can.

I'm thinking it may be different when I'm loading them.

Last week we shot my usp40 suppressed and it was much quieter(but it had a mag in it and a stock barrel). I'm still think the additional 1.5" barrel upped the velocity somewhat.

I will try and get out this week with another suppressed 45 using this same ammo

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
First off, I forgot a mag so I was single shotting
View Quote

Uh....   my edumicated guess is operator error.  In my experience, from what I've heard "witnessed" Octane 45s are good to go.  I just purchased one based on my experience.  

My buds rocks!  I'm so looking forward to mine.  Hopefully I'll get it in my next lifetime.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
My Tirant is pretty pleasant to shoot dry.

Wet its silly quiet on a 1911.

Possible the host is simply loud?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting, I'll have to shoot one w\o a mag in it.
I wonder if not having the mag changed some sort of pressure dynamic or gas flow?
Probably over thinking....
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a thought, do you have all the petals in the baffles lined up with a petal in the expansion chamber? The first few times I cleaned mine I lined up all the baffles but didn't line the holes up with the expansion chamber. That might help.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Very impressed with my Octane 45 H on a G19/17 running 135 gr sub's.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't been impressed with pistol suppressors.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#10]
The octane has never been apart; it's only had maybe 50-70 RDS through it. I will try some other ammo with it. Also, I need to measure the oal because it looks really squatty.

Ten Ring ammo has a spotty reputation from what I've heard.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I loaded up some 230 Berry's over 5.8 of CFE pistol and tossed my muffs, nice and quiet. In fact, we blew through all 100 rounds so now I'm going for really quiet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top