Site Notices
SiCo Omega modularness (Page 10 of 19)
Page / 19
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:47:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: epicrad] [#1]
Originally Posted By ThePitt:

When did you place the order with him?
View Quote

Originally on Aug 29, 2016 I think, but then he had sold out of the 1/2x28 dt adapters so we spoke at the end of September and he asked if I wouldn't mind waiting for him to make more se he could ship everything together. He had thought that would be october but I didn't hear back from him so I politely emailed him again on 12/31/16. And he said he should have them ready to ship after they were back from being coated on 1/13/17.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Thanks for the pic.

As info, I asked him about sending my current pieces in with the next batch. He originally thought it would be $150-$200 for a batch, so ~$1/ea for the batch he sent in. Apparently it ended up being $6.50 per piece. No minimum required for future orders. Not sure if he raised the price a couple bucks to cover that or not.
View Quote

For me he didn't, I paid the same price for each piece that he originally quoted me back in Aug/Sept 2016.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By epicrad:

For me he didn't, I paid the same price for each piece that he originally quoted me back in Aug/Sept 2016.
View Quote

I'm waiting for a 12" 28 DT module and a 5.56 end cap ordered mid November, iirc. I hope he bumps the price the extra ~$5.50 so he doesn't loose money or the motivation to keep making these parts.

And I hope I get mine soon!

JPK
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I wasn't even expecting coated parts, but I'm glad they are :) Once my can gets out of jail I'll probably order a 5.56 endcap from him as well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#5]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I received 2 DT adapters and 2 endcaps on Monday. The weight difference between the SiCo parts and these parts are huge.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Got my direct thread titanium mounts today! Perfect fit and super light. Combined with the titanium end cap, my Omega comes in at 11.75 ounces with .357 end cap and 1/2x28 direct thread. Coming from a YHM can that weighed in at 26oz, I am very happy! I'm really looking forward to his YHM adapter, but I'm sure the dude is extremely busy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:50:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: epicrad] [#8]
Originally Posted By new_frontier13:
Got my direct thread titanium mounts today! Perfect fit and super light. Combined with the titanium end cap, my Omega comes in at 11.75 ounces with .357 end cap and 1/2x28 direct thread. Coming from a YHM can that weighed in at 26oz, I am very happy! I'm really looking forward to his YHM adapter, but I'm sure the dude is extremely busy.
View Quote

THIS^
that's awesome!

PVD is a pretty solid finish, Thanks for letting us know I was actually pretty curious.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Just a heads up for anyone who is interested, but Diversified Machine has omega YHM adapters in stock. Get them while you can.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd also like his contact info, I can think of a few different caps and DTs I could use
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Just a heads up for anyone who is interested, but Diversified Machine has omega YHM adapters in stock. Get them while you can.
View Quote

Any problems with it not indexing against the front of the flash hider like a true YHM can?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

Any problems with it not indexing against the front of the flash hider like a true YHM can?
View Quote
As far as I know of none of DM's YHM adapters will do that. They only engage on the ACME threads and the locking collar.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:
As far as I know of none of DM's YHM adapters will do that. They only engage on the ACME threads and the locking collar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:
Originally Posted By lokifox:

Shouldn't be an issue. The YHM short flash hiders are shorter for the phantom lite tactical line and YHM clears them for use on the larger phantoms. I have run the short flash hiders on the larger phantom without issue from indexing solely on the acme threads/ backing plate. I have seen some who have chopped the muzzle breaks down to a single port without issue as well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I would like his contact info, I would definitely enjoy a DT mount and possibly an endcap as well. Sounds like these are top notch! Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:58:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cntrl23] [#17]
BigWaylon - Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:29:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPK] [#18]
I got my 1/2" 28 DT module, 5.56 and 30cal end caps.  Very nice work and finish.

Installed the Omega set up DT with the 223 end cap on an already light 10.5" 5.56 SBR.

Wow! The SBR is noticeably shorter, lighter and handier than set up with the Omega with ASR module, FH and brake.

Gotta appreciate the wrench flats on the inside of the DT module. It's not coming loose this century.

Thank you Big Waylon and Howard!

JPK
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry if it's already been covered in this thread I tried to skim thru to see...

But I think the omega cap fit the hybrid, so I was wandering if these caps pictured below will work with the hybird?

I didn't know the thread pattern of the omega/hybrid is to order a couple of these?  I would like to play with bore diameters, and think the cone might make a little difference in decibel reduction over a flat cap, just maybe.  No meter just to the ear, just dreaming...
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By andrewz71:
Sorry if it's already been covered in this thread I tried to skim thru to see...

But I think the omega cap fit the hybrid, so I was wandering if these caps pictured below will work with the hybird?

http://diversifiedmachine.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/DSCN0135.jpg

I didn't know the thread pattern of the omega/hybrid is to order a couple of these?  I would like to play with bore diameters, and think the cone might make a little difference in decibel reduction over a flat cap, just maybe.  No meter just to the ear, just dreaming...
View Quote

They will fit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PineappleDevil] [#21]

They will fit.
View Quote

As far as I know of, DM doesn't offer those end caps in an Omega thread unless there's something I don't know about advertised on the site. Obviously he could make a custom that would fit, I just haven't seen him advertising selling Omega caps.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:51:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPK] [#22]
Howard sells Omega flat end caps. But I don't think what is in the photo are Howard's Omega end caps.

Interesting thought, please post up about whether those coned caps are quieter!

JPK
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I would like his contact info as well please!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TRON0129:
I would like his contact info as well please!
View Quote

If your referring to me, it was diversified machine that makes the ones I posted a picture up of.  I sent a email, but in reading in the build it yourself form 1 section of this site it can take some time for him to respond back if at all.  I also like the idea of being able to use a spanner type wrench rather than the pin type wrenches.  

I really like the look of these pictured from BigWaylon, and it would be awesome if he could make the end caps like the ones from Diversified Machine.  Maybe even a longer cone shape or 60 degree, or 45 degree to test out a few to see the differences.  

I might have to order up one of these as well as I would love the option to mount direct thread on a couple of my host.

I think I might even look into having a custom one made that would be a cone/anchor brake "hybrid" using the cone type from diversified machine first then 1 or 2 flats kind of like I have pictured below. Made out of Titanium of coarse.  

Sorry crude photoshop of my idea...

JPK, sorry but it is going to be awhile, like more than a year for me to post up results as I ordered my hybrid last week from Capital Armory.  I'm just dreaming and doing my research while I wait forever...
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Could I get contact info as well?  Would love to get a 5.56 end cap and thread mount for a Saker!   Ion bonded titanium gets me all warm and fuzzy!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#27]
My dream (and I believe the DM guy is too busy to get around to it for awhile) is to get a thread adaptor for my Omega 9K which is:

1. YHM ratchet and ACME threads
2. flush with the end of the can aka fully recessed
3. Titanium. Anything other than bright shiny is just a bonus
4. Whatever the heck size fits 9K female adapter threads

I don't care what kind of spanner wrench is necessary to thread it and tighten it as that can be fabricated or purchased

Here's the kicker, I'm running a Wraith XL 45 flash hider for it's super short length on my 300 BLK 6.75" pdw. I had my buddy stick it in the lathe and shave off that tiny extra raised ring that they put on the 9 and 45 wraith flash hiders (which are there to ensure you don't thread a 223 or 308 can on your 9mm or 45 and blow something).

It works fine, as I am running first ten YHM Stainless phantom 30 (it weights like 32 oz) on the 45 wraith mount - and it works fine. The YHM cans index in 4 places from what I can tell: the ratchet ring; the acme threads, the tapered 'shoulder' just distal of the acme threads, and (in some cases) on the OD of the very end of the long flash hiders/brakes. I know for a fact mine has near perfect concentricity as checked with rods before and after shooting when only just tightened with ratchet action against that beveled shoulder.

The kicker is that the body of the FH can be fully buried inside the Omega 9K bc it is so short. I honestly think the initial blast chamber is deep enough even to accommodate the 30 cal LT flash hiders, but I haven't tried it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:47:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#28]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Can I get the contact info as well? Looking to get a direct thread mount and the end caps made up.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I thought some of you might be interested in a recent experiment with the DM YHM adapter and the Omega.

Witht the DM YHM adapter installed on my omega, I am able to screw the can onto a wraith 45 quick detatch without modifying the flash hider or the mount. In theory, that means that when my hybrid is out of jail, I will be able to use the DM YHM adapter and use the wraith flash hiders to mount onto my 9mm PCC and 44mag rifle.

With the YHM compatibility and the ability to run them on the Omega and Hybrid, I don't think there is a better mounting system available.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought some of you might be interested in a recent experiment with the DM YHM adapter and the Omega.

Witht the DM YHM adapter installed on my omega, I am able to screw the can onto a wraith 45 quick detatch without modifying the flash hider or the mount. In theory, that means that when my hybrid is out of jail, I will be able to use the DM YHM adapter and use the wraith flash hiders to mount onto my 9mm PCC and 44mag rifle.

With the YHM compatibility and the ability to run them on the Omega and Hybrid, I don't think there is a better mounting system available.
View Quote
Forgive my ignorance, but what makes the YHM Wraith flash hiders better than the SiCo ASR flash hiders?  No snarkiness, just an honest question...
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DekNgo:

Forgive my ignorance, but what makes the YHM Wraith flash hiders better than the SiCo ASR flash hiders?  No snarkiness, just an honest question...
View Quote
I prefer my mounting systems to be as idiot proof as possible. The ASR is a good system but much easier to screw up compared to the YHM. Without exaggeration, 3 out of the 4 ASR owners I know have launched their cans. It's nearly impossible to get the YHM mount on wrong. Simple screw on till it stops clicking. Giant acme threads can't be cross threaded, "ratcheting" components are on the hider, not the can. I have tried nearly every mount out there. Some offer better (marginally) precision long range repeatability, but none come close to the reliability and simple design of the YHM. I will ratchet on a YHM fan and hunt, hike for an entire weekend without ever wondering if my fan is secured correctly.

IMHO, nothing beats the YHM mounting system.

Someone will come along and bitch that they are ugly. Who cares, my guns aren't fashion accesories. If it needs to match your purse, get something else and pray you don't launch it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:45:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DekNgo] [#33]

I prefer my mounting systems to be as idiot proof as possible. The ASR is a good system but much easier to screw up compared to the YHM. Without exaggeration, 3 out of the 4 ASR owners I know have launched their cans. It's nearly impossible to get the YHM mount on wrong. Simple screw on till it stops clicking. Giant acme threads can't be cross threaded, "ratcheting" components are on the hider, not the can. I have tried nearly every mount out there. Some offer better (marginally) precision long range repeatability, but none come close to the reliability and simple design of the YHM. I will ratchet on a YHM fan and hunt, hike for an entire weekend without ever wondering if my fan is secured correctly.

IMHO, nothing beats the YHM mounting system.

Someone will come along and bitch that they are ugly. Who cares, my guns aren't fashion accesories. If it needs to match your purse, get something else and pray you don't launch it.
View Quote
I see.  Thanks for the explanation.

Please update with your thoughts after you get your Hybrid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:13:28 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
This has really piqued my interest, so I have another question if you don't mind.

Are you using the Omega Short or Omega Long version of the DM YHM adapter?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:21:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DekNgo:

This has really piqued my interest, so I have another question if you don't mind.

Are you using the Omega Short or Omega Long version of the DM YHM adapter?
View Quote
The omega long version is the only one I have tried so far. I'll grab my short version and make sure it fits on the wraith flash hider tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:31:10 AM EDT
[#37]

The omega long version is the only one I have tried so far. I'll grab my short version and make sure it fits on the wraith flash hider tomorrow.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#38]
With the Ti direct thread and flat endcap, my Omega weighs 11oz!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:34:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tgad2] [#39]
BigWaylon need contact info please. Would like a Ti 1/2-28dt and 5.56 end cap for my Omega.

Also, would others be interested in a Titanium ASR flash hider? I think I would; depends on price and weight savings.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Please contact info as well BigWaylon.

Need Ti 7.62 end caps.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:07:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: paintwerk] [#41]
Originally Posted By tgad2:
BigWaylon need contact info please. Would like a Ti 1/2-28dt and 5.56 end cap for my Omega.

Also, would others be interested in a Titanium ASR flash hider? I think I would; depends on price and weight savings.
View Quote
I was just thinking about a titanium ASR muzzle attachment, that would be sweet. I'd really like something I can perm attach for a lightweight 14.5" barrel
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#42]
I e-mailed him today and mentioned the ASR Muzzle Brake made out of Ti.

I'm new to silencers but for those in the know, would that brake made out of Ti cause sparks to come out of the end of the can? I've read that happens with Ti baffles but not sure if the brake would get that hot. I guess that's something else to consider.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Anymore updates on blast shield?
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Are these ti mounts being made for the omega 9k as well? I have not looked through the whole thread yet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Can I have this individual's contact info please?

Ordered an Omega 30 today, and would like a Ti adapter so that I can use my Saker MAAD mounts with it, as I have a variety of muzzle devices, all Saker compatible. Does this person make such an adapter?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:10:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gopherboy128] [#47]

He makes the adapter that would allow you to attach the Saker trifecta MAAD adapter to the Omega, which would let you use Saker-style muzzle devices.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He makes the adapter that would allow you to attach the Saker trifecta MAAD adapter to the Omega, which would let you use Saker-style muzzle devices.
What about the Saker AAC 51t & Saker YHM adapter? Ive never held an Omega, so not really sure what the difference between Saker and Omega is, with regards to using other comapnies' mounts.

Thanks

ETA:

What he makes is a Ti adapter that screws into the Omega and allows you to attach a MAAD module. That could be the Trifecta, YHM or 51T.
Found what I needed to know. Looks like this adapter is the part I seek.

Does he offer it in a finished version? Black anodized perhaps?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#50]

I think the last batch he did was sent off for a coating. It's not anodizing, it's a physical vapor deposition technology.
View Quote
Cool. He replied quickly to my email and sounded like the adapter would be shipping quickly.
Page / 19
SiCo Omega modularness (Page 10 of 19)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top