Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2016 1:45:36 PM EDT
If you've been paying attention to the teaser videos on my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/nfareviewchannel) then you know whats coming ;)

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Great video.  I will be threading my 45-70 now.  That thing sounded great.  

Sealed I assume?
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome!! Just bought one around 1030 this morning! Hurry ATF, at least no form 3 is involved.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm gonna watch this later on tonight
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the review, enjoyed the video.

Seemed gassy on the pistols, what ammo was used?
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you've been paying attention to the teaser videos on my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/nfareviewchannel) then you know whats coming ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rTJZf64zF4
View Quote

My only question is why did it take so long to do this?

Now shut up and take my money!
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

That was the gun oil burning off most likely. We were filming as fast as we could as we were loosing daylight. We kept the threads soaked in oil to aid in fast removal so we could film the next host. I didn't feel any unburnt gun powder to the face like you do with the Octane.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#8]
How come you haven't reviewed any of the Griffin products?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That was the gun oil burning off most likely. We were filming as fast as we could as we were loosing daylight. We kept the threads soaked in oil to aid in fast removal so we could film the next host. I didn't feel any unburnt gun powder to the face like you do with the Octane.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any comment on how it compares to the omega 9k in this regard?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Griffin Armament has never approached me for work. As it looks for 2016, if they don't soon it will be awhile! I'm booking and scheduling reviews daily and 2016 is going to be packed! Lots of cool videos in the works!
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]
NFAREVIEW: Thanks for your video reviews. It especially helps out us guys who are relatively new to suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NFAREVIEW: Thanks for your video reviews. It especially helps out us guys who are relatively new to suppressors.
View Quote

You're most welcome! Thats exactly why I started!
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Griffin Armament has never approached me for work. As it looks for 2016, if they don't soon it will be awhile! I'm booking and scheduling reviews daily and 2016 is going to be packed! Lots of cool videos in the works!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Work? Are these independent reviews or paid for/supplied by manufacturers?

I'm honestly asking, not trying to stir the pot.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Which endcap did you use for the review?  The .46 one?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]
You know what i would like to see. A sound meter test of 5.56 with the "22" end cap and then the same thing with the .46 end cap. I wonder if using the end caps with the smaller hole will really make much difference. It would be nice to be able to be lazy (and cheap) and just run the .46 end cap on everything.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Independant. All my content is factual based. No "hey this sounds so awesome you should go buy one!" Just plain facts leaving the viewer to form their own opinion. Nobody wants to listen to some YouTube "expert" on what to buy or what his/her opinion is. I'm merely the channel people use to learn about NFA items and sometimes the random rifle review.

If you had even an inkling of what it takes to produce one of these videos you'd shit yourself

Think about it... 3hr round trip to range, fuel, 10hrs on set, ammo, camera gear, camera guy, gun hosts, editing/formatting/color-grading RAW video files (50+hrs of post edit.... yes 50hrs), then editing the actual timeline, titles, and finally uploading it. This is not taking into account the associated product photography, editing said photos, posting on FB and IG as well as forums. This is work. Lots of work....no free-time, no life kinda work. Someone has to do it. Might as well be me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
You forgot all the back chatter and complaining and whining and "you cheated" comments you get.  Why do you think Silvers and I stopped?    I would also add the expense.

Quoted:

Independant. All my content is factual based. No "hey this sounds so awesome you should go buy one!" Just plain facts leaving the viewer to form their own opinion. Nobody wants to listen to some YouTube "expert" on what to buy or what his/her opinion is. I'm merely the channel people use to learn about NFA items and sometimes the random rifle review.

If you had even an inkling of what it takes to produce one of these videos you'd shit yourself

Think about it... 3hr round trip to range, fuel, 10hrs on set, ammo, camera gear, camera guy, gun hosts, editing/formatting/color-grading RAW video files (50+hrs of post edit.... yes 50hrs), then editing the actual timeline, titles, and finally uploading it. This is not taking into account the associated product photography, editing said photos, posting on FB and IG as well as forums. This is work. Lots of work....no free-time, no life kinda work. Someone has to do it. Might as well be me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You forgot all the back chatter and complaining and whining and "you cheated" comments you get.  Why do you think Silvers and I stopped?    I would also add the expense.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol Good point Matt!

How are things lately? Haven't seen ya around!
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

great videos.  I turn the volume up to get a little more immersion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#21]

great videos.  I turn the volume up to get a little more immersion.
View Quote

Try watching with some BOSE noise canceling headphones! You can hear the soft wind, birds chirping and brass softly hitting the grass.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Your videos are top notch; I bought my Mystic partially based on your work with Liberty.

Apologies for being skeptical. Just part of my nature I guess. I don't question the work, money and effort that goes into each production.

As long as your reviews are unbiased, it's all good.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Your videos are top notch; I bought my Mystic partially based on your work with Liberty.

Apologies for being skeptical. Just part of my nature I guess. I don't question the work, money and effort that goes into each production.

View Quote

Thanks for the compliment. I'm happy to hear my videos helped! Very cool!

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made me order one. Thanks a-hole
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 2:03:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

You cost me money today.

Now my wallet hates you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Great videos and quite informative.  Thank you very much for your hard work.  And yes, you have cost me $$$$.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry for costing everyone money! LOL
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is why its done so well.  I wish you reviewed more cans.  By far my favorite review is the SakerK when you shot each on back to back to compare sound.  By far the only video out there where you can tell the difference between more than one can.  I wish you did that with the SandmanS and L.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Any chance we will see the Hybrid tested on 300win mag or 338 lapua?  I'm interested to see it how performs in those areas as well.  Doesnt seem like silencerco published any Db ratings for them
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is why its done so well.  I wish you reviewed more cans.  By far my favorite review is the SakerK when you shot each on back to back to compare sound.  By far the only video out there where you can tell the difference between more than one can.  I wish you did that with the SandmanS and L.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One day I'll get around to head to head videos If these darn manufacturers would quit inventing new cans! I can't keep up lol. Thank you for your feedback!
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#31]
There is something badass about a suppressed lever gun... maybe I should suppress my old 336.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There is something badass about a suppressed lever gun... maybe I should suppress my old 336.
View Quote

I've got a 1980's marlin 1894 carbine in 38/357 that I've been hanging onto for this purpose.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love the videos, the production quality, and everything.... but as someone in the market, I'd actually like to see some commentary in addition to "just the facts" (and metering would be nice). Tell me which one sounds better, which mount is better, which one is in practice easier to clean, etc. I know you guys take pride in the sound setup you're using, but the recorded sound of a gunshot (suppressed or not) still doesn't translate well, and I find that suppressed gunshots in videos don't sound anything like in person. Which is why I want the opinions of people who've heard them all to tell me what they think. Just some feedback from a subscriber...
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Dam it! Sold on Hybrid. The can is just to versatile not to have it.

And it can be used a back up for many others ..... suppressor lego to make what you want.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:40:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Well I'm officially sold on the hybrid for a first can.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#37]
It is a nicely constructed can but a lot of work changing end caps for different calibers to make a difference, although I only have the .46 and 7.62 caps. Also shot it wet and was a bit quieter on my Sig p226, 300 blackout SBR and CVA single.

This is comparing to Knights Armament 762QDC.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the video, got yourself another youtube subscriber, I'll be going back through your videos in my downtime at work.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#39]
30 days on my form 3, still waiting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
30 days on my form 3, still waiting.
View Quote

my most recent was approved in like 35 days
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#41]
How many accessories or extras will you have to buy with the hybrid? It looks like a a few if I want to shoot it on a 9mm or 5.56.
Is there a quick attach mount that will work with a specific muzzle device? Sorry if these are discussed elsewhere, i didnt see the correct thread if so.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks for the video, got yourself another youtube subscriber, I'll be going back through your videos in my downtime at work.
View Quote

Thanks man! They are a lot of work to produce but the end result is worth it! Just start at the newest video and work your way down
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top