Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thats great! Did my video help with your purchase or did you still have questions? Feedback is important to me so I can tweak what viewers want to see. I'm trying to cut all the yammering and fat from my videos so I don't take up unnecessary time from your day while you shop and research. Critique away!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got the serial number for my Obsidian I ordered from QRF. Can't wait for it to arrive at my dealer so I can shoot with it. Hopefully the Form 3 doesn't take forever.

Thats great! Did my video help with your purchase or did you still have questions? Feedback is important to me so I can tweak what viewers want to see. I'm trying to cut all the yammering and fat from my videos so I don't take up unnecessary time from your day while you shop and research. Critique away!

What made me make my purchase was your video. The quality of the sound is amazing, and the suppressor sounded really good on the video, so I can only imagine how much better it'll sound in person. Keep up the great work!
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Your video helped me make my decision to purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got the serial number for my Obsidian I ordered from QRF. Can't wait for it to arrive at my dealer so I can shoot with it. Hopefully the Form 3 doesn't take forever.

Your video helped me make my decision to purchase.

This
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I buy lots of cans , own revolutions , octanes , Ospreys and now rugged and eventually dead air..

I think there is lots of options going on but reality is you can't go wrong with any can on the market and buy the can that has the features your looking for ..

For me it's important to have a configurable can , low pro 3 lug and user serviceable ..

My ears are not the best between car audio days and general firearm use so I can Bearly tell the difference in most of it .. Slightly at best

If you add in recent events of this week most shops are barren and most ppl will buy what ever they can get in stock to beat the changes.

Carry on

Link Posted: 1/6/2016 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW I like the "yammering and fat" of most youtube reviews which is why I watch them. I can get specs from their own propaganda marketing material. I watch watch online reviews because I want an unbiased, 3rd party opinion of how the can looks/sounds/feels compared to other things on the market.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FWIW I like the "yammering and fat" of most youtube reviews which is why I watch them. I can get specs from their own propaganda marketing material. I watch watch online reviews because I want an unbiased, 3rd party opinion of how the can looks/sounds/feels compared to other things on the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did also pick one up. I was going to get an Octane 45, but the modularity and fact that it shares pistons with SiCO convinced me to spend the extra $50 and get this one. I also have an osprey on my shopping list for sometime in the future so I really wanted something with some component commonality.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try and get more personable.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#8]
So I've read this thread, and besides the drama , and attaboys, and "you all are beautiful" , I still have unresolved questions about these supressors.

1.  If I get an Obsidian (which my dealer has in stock, I can use the SiCo Octane Pistons in the Obsidian?   b/c I have those already.

2.  What is a 3 lug thingy?  I'm newer to NFA and not sure what that is... It sounds like this is something you want to have.   I have an Octane - is it a 3 lug whatever?  Is that bad?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
2.  What is a 3 lug thingy?  I'm newer to NFA and not sure what that is... It sounds like this is something you want to have.   I have an Octane - is it a 3 lug whatever?  Is that bad?  

Thanks
View Quote

QD mount for some 9mm cans

Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/2MZ5mRD.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/2MZ5mRD.jpg

Ahh, thanks for the answer. I don't have one of those, but I'm guessing it is not necessary.  I just screw mine onto the threaded barrel.  I can see how that could be handy if you take the suppressor on and off often.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So I've read this thread, and besides the drama , and attaboys, and "you all are beautiful" , I still have unresolved questions about these supressors.

1.  If I get an Obsidian (which my dealer has in stock, I can use the SiCo Octane Pistons in the Obsidian?   b/c I have those already.

Thanks
View Quote

1. Yes you can
2. A QD type mount used for HK 3-lug barrels
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Without getting into the drama again .....it looks like the AAC Trirant 45M, Grif. Arms. Revolution 45 and this can seem to all be the same basic design. So its a matter of which I like better then the other? Or is there something major between the three I am missing?

How do the AAC can db levels compare to the Rugged's?
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Without getting into the drama again .....it looks like the AAC Trirant 45M, Grif. Arms. Revolution 45 and this can seem to all be the same basic design. So its a matter of which I like better then the other? Or is there something major between the three I am missing?

View Quote

I wouldn't even consider AAC these days and I own many of their cans. I haven't even laid my hands on the Ghost45M yet and i'd take it lol.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I wouldn't even consider AAC these days and I own many of their cans. I haven't even laid my hands on the Ghost45M yet and i'd take it lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you do soon. I'm going back and forth on Obsidian and the Ghost45M.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just saw a thread about the ghost45m. What is the street price going to be on this. MSRP was almost a $1000. A little high for my taste for a pistol can.

What is wrong with AAC besides being out of favor due to owner(or whatever it is)? I do not own any AAC cans but on another thread the can recommended seemed to be the trirant45. I just may grab one of these Rugged cans and be done with it but still wondering about the others.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I just saw a thread about the ghost45m. What is the street price going to be on this. MSRP was almost a $1000. A little high for my taste for a pistol can.

What is wrong with AAC besides being out of favor due to owner(or whatever it is)? I do not own any AAC cans but on another thread the can recommended seemed to be the trirant45. I just may grab one of these Rugged cans and be done with it but still wondering about the others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capitol Armory has it priced at $799 right now, obviously out of stock since they have not started to sell yet.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:33:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

These are in production and will be available soon.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 lug ?

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

Any pics or dimensions of the 3 lug mount?  Long like the Octane or short like the TiRant?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  After watching the review I nearly ordered an Obsidian, but decided to hold off until the Ghost materializes.  Granted, I'm sure they're both amazing and I'd be happy with either.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does AAC still make the Tirant?  I thought it was being phased out for a goofy design nobody wants?  AAC ownership and thus customer service sucks, on their rifle cans their mounts blow bad, other elements of their designs are dated and people are generally making better cans now.  I'm with NFAreview, I don't even consider AAC, they were written off long ago by many people.  Rugged, Dead Air, Silencerco, Griffin, Surefire & KAC all have great options available at varying price points, no reason to consider AAC.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Does AAC still make the Tirant?  I thought it was being phased out for a goofy design nobody wants?  AAC ownership and thus customer service sucks, on their rifle cans their mounts blow bad, other elements of their designs are dated and people are generally making better cans now.  I'm with NFAreview, I don't even consider AAC, they were written off long ago by many people.  Rugged, Dead Air, Silencerco, Griffin, Surefire & KAC all have great options available at varying price points, no reason to consider AAC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This +10. AAC used to be at the top of the heap, and they haven't kept up. The Obsidian, and Rugged in general, are much more appealing than AAC.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Any pics or dimensions of the 3 lug mount?  Long like the Octane or short like the TiRant?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 lug ?

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

It's short.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We wanted to take a look at what this 129.5DB claim means and we took a Rev .45 out yesterday and metered it on a Sig 220.  We use 5 round averages for product improvement here, and we had improved the Rev .45 pretty dramatically after the first 100 units were manufactured in what was basically a pre-production limited run.  The promo video we shot was on one of the first 100 units. We never announced that because we didn't want everyone to run to the dealers with questions about serial numbers and revisions.  It was a major improvement but we didn't record it for record, we simply said, "hey that's big- lets do that" and went back to work.

We had a single part with us yesterday that will be added to the baffle system.  The current production Rev .45 metered 131.5DB dry for 5 rounds.  The can with the single baffle added metered 129.8DB dry (5 rounds).  If we had shot 10 it would have improved because the first rounds were 132 and 130 and rounds after that were sub 130.    We were shooting the 9mm unit also and considering an upgrade to it, so we had about 8-10 configurations we were shooting and were only on the range for 1/2 an hour or so because it was getting dark and we had other work to do getting ready for a distributor show this weekend.

Our can is about 1/2 an inch shorter than an Obsidian.  I guess 129.5 isn't that big of a deal.  We're going to integrate that part into future production- it also can be retrofitted.  Not that anyone can really hear the difference of 2DB.  Performance that small requires a meter to notice.  3DB is IMO the threshold where one can is percieved as better than another.  This is because single rounds vary about 3DB high to low within a string, adding to the mental confusion, so individual rounds for 2 cans 2DB apart will overlap and could actually be from either can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread is about the Obsidian 45. Not AAC, Gemtech, Griffin or any other topic. Back to normal programming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLe7Mwf4fEY

We wanted to take a look at what this 129.5DB claim means and we took a Rev .45 out yesterday and metered it on a Sig 220.  We use 5 round averages for product improvement here, and we had improved the Rev .45 pretty dramatically after the first 100 units were manufactured in what was basically a pre-production limited run.  The promo video we shot was on one of the first 100 units. We never announced that because we didn't want everyone to run to the dealers with questions about serial numbers and revisions.  It was a major improvement but we didn't record it for record, we simply said, "hey that's big- lets do that" and went back to work.

We had a single part with us yesterday that will be added to the baffle system.  The current production Rev .45 metered 131.5DB dry for 5 rounds.  The can with the single baffle added metered 129.8DB dry (5 rounds).  If we had shot 10 it would have improved because the first rounds were 132 and 130 and rounds after that were sub 130.    We were shooting the 9mm unit also and considering an upgrade to it, so we had about 8-10 configurations we were shooting and were only on the range for 1/2 an hour or so because it was getting dark and we had other work to do getting ready for a distributor show this weekend.

Our can is about 1/2 an inch shorter than an Obsidian.  I guess 129.5 isn't that big of a deal.  We're going to integrate that part into future production- it also can be retrofitted.  Not that anyone can really hear the difference of 2DB.  Performance that small requires a meter to notice.  3DB is IMO the threshold where one can is percieved as better than another.  This is because single rounds vary about 3DB high to low within a string, adding to the mental confusion, so individual rounds for 2 cans 2DB apart will overlap and could actually be from either can.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 lug ?

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

It's short.
https://ruggedsuppressors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/3lug-mount.jpg

That looks very nice. What is OAL of K configuration with the 3 lug mount?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 lug ?

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

It's short.

Final production version should be right around 6.7", it's not adding much if any length.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 lug ?

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

It's short.

That looks great. What is the price going to be?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This +10. AAC used to be at the top of the heap, and they haven't kept up. The Obsidian, and Rugged in general, are much more appealing than AAC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the answers. All my cans are Gemtech or Ops Inc. I think the Ghost is more then I am looking to pay so its down to the Rugged or the Rev45.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 lug ?

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

It's short.

MSRP is going to be $130.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#28]
It is my understanding that fixed barrel spacer comes with Obsidian purchase but I have not seen one in any of the pics available or in any review videos.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll take five!
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Will the 3 lug work with the Octane?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'll take five!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take five!

Seriously. Awesome price
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#32]
So, who has the best price on these?  I was going to order from QRF earlier this week but life got in the way and now they are out of stock.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So, who has the best price on these?  I was going to order from QRF earlier this week but life got in the way and now they are out of stock.
View Quote

$727 at Tarheel State. Hanson Brothers has better price but also OOS at moment
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Capitol armory $699 and in stock.

http://www.capitolarmory.com/rugged-obsidian-45-pistol-suppressor.html
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep since you're in TX this is place to go
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Likely headed over tomorrow but I was hoping to find someone else selling them around $650.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better be quick, they now have one less to sell.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#38]
silencerhq.com

in stock for $659

just ordered mine
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#39]
This can looks really impressive. I really want one, but I already have two Octane 45's, and I really don't need three .45 cans.the Obsidian is very hard to resist!
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
silencerhq.com

in stock for $659

just ordered mine
View Quote

Thanks, but I ended up ordering from Capitol Armory. They had 10 left yesterday so I suppose they have a max of 8 left now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thanks, but I ended up ordering from Capitol Armory. They had 10 left yesterday so I suppose they have a max of 8 left now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
silencerhq.com

in stock for $659

just ordered mine

Or a few less than that...
Availability: Out of stock
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
silencerhq.com

in stock for $659

just ordered mine

Well, glad I didn't wait until Monday.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
silencerhq.com

in stock for $659

just ordered mine
View Quote

Thanks me too
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Ok....what do I now need to mount this on a 1911 and m&p9mm?

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm thinking this may be my next pistol can.

Hansohn bros in stock for $654.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm thinking this may be my next pistol can.

Hansohn bros in stock for $654.
View Quote

Shows out of stock for me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#47]
SilencerShop has them for $654 but marked up by my local PoweredBy Dealer to $799.
I need to swing by and have a chat with them as 150 transfer fee seems a bit high
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's not the transfer fee. The default price is $799. The dealer can change it to whatever they want as long as it meets any MAP requirements. Nobody in my state has lowered it, either...but I know one that would if I called.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SilencerShop has them for $654 but marked up by my local PoweredBy Dealer to $799.
I need to swing by and have a chat with them as 150 transfer fee seems a bit high

It's not the transfer fee. The default price is $799. The dealer can change it to whatever they want as long as it meets any MAP requirements. Nobody in my state has lowered it, either...but I know one that would if I called.

This. If you can see it for $654, then someone in your state must have it for that. Why don't you use that dealer or (seeing as how MT is a rather large state) ask your preferred one to match that price?

EDIT: NVM, I see no one in MT has it for $654. You'll have to see if your local dealer will drop it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#50]
We have them on SS for $669 in Alabama.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top