BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw that one but since I don't have the factory nut and factory muzzle device retainer clip I kind of ignored it. I suppose I could just loctite it to the barrel threads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what you'll need then https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/3-Lug-Adapter-For-CZ-Scorpion-Evo-5p17616.htm

I have the flash can model so the factory carbine handguard covers my threads but I see your concern if that's not your case.
I saw that one but since I don't have the factory nut and factory muzzle device retainer clip I kind of ignored it. I suppose I could just loctite it to the barrel threads.
I have the same issue, no retaining clip on the flash can pistol/carbine but it doesn't matter. That adapter should butt up against the handguard nut if you're using the factory handguard. For me, I plan on using rocksett anyway to keep it secure and can easily be removed albeit with the 3 lug adapter tool.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I have the same issue, no retaining clip on the flash can pistol/carbine but it doesn't matter. That adapter should butt up against the handguard nut if you're using the factory handguard. For me, I plan on using rocksett anyway to keep it secure and can easily be removed albeit with the 3 lug adapter tool.
View Quote
I am running an HBI handguard so no barrel nut. My concern now is buying another HK Parts 3 lug when the one I already bought doesn't work.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I can't help you with the Griffin 3 Lug issue but my In Lead We Trust 3 Lug muzzle adapter fits perfect in my Obsidian 3 Lug mount, so I'd say it's the Griffin. Just so you know, that was one of the 3 Lug mount brands that Rugged advised me NOT to use. Both TROS and ILWT are GTG muzzle devices for sure with the Obsidian.
View Quote
Just wanted to follow up.  The ILWT 3 lug showed up today and while it's a tight fit, the Obsidian does fit it without any issue.

I contacted HK Parts and asked them what the deal is.  They said that Griffin does not build their 3 lug adapter but there can be variation in the part and they offered to send me a replacement after getting mine back.

I asked them if they could instead send me the Scorpion 18x1 3-lug instead and they said yes.

They did say they've had reports of Obsidian suppressors not working with their 3-lug adapters on occasion so I guess we'll see when the new unit arrives in a week or two.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I received the Scorpion 18x1 3 lug from HK parts today, it also does not work with my Obsidian.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Our 3 Lug Mount is designed with tight tolerances and we've found from time to time some 3 lugs have issues with it. If you can send an email to [email protected] we'll make sure you're fully taken care of.

Rugged Suppressors
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I can confirm that the In Lead We Trust 3 lug adapter, which is supposedly built to the same specs as the standard HK adapter, does indeed work well with my Obsidian 3 lug mount. I have it on my Scorpion Evo and it's got a nice solid lockup.

Also, for the guys running an aftermarket handguard that now have exposed 18x1 threads, I also had the issue and found the below solution. Not perfect, but it definitely looks a lot better than just leaving the barrel/threads exposed.

Evolution Gun Works 18x1 thread protector in the link below.

http://www.egwguns.com/ar-rifle-parts/thread-protector-carbon-steel-18x1mm-for-tikka-varmint/

Pic from another owner on the Scorpion Evo FB group.

Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Our 3 Lug Mount is designed with tight tolerances and we've found from time to time some 3 lugs have issues with it. If you can send an email to [email protected] we'll make sure you're fully taken care of.
View Quote
Thanks, I tried to email but got a bounce back from my email host to your address above.

I will send the text of my email to you in a PM, hope that's okay.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an obsidian, and I've had the endcap and 3 lug back off a little.  I haven't had any issues with it because I've caught it in time.  I'm curious if anyone uses loctite to keep these in place, or should I just apply more torque?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an obsidian, and I've had the endcap and 3 lug back off a little.  I haven't had any issues with it because I've caught it in time.  I'm curious if anyone uses loctite to keep these in place, or should I just apply more torque?
View Quote
I planned on using rocksett when I eventually get a tri lug mount. Maybe overkill on a pistol caliber or it maybe not. Blue lock tight maybe good or it may not hold up to the temp. Why not just go w rocksett?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I planned on using rocksett when I eventually get a tri lug mount. Maybe overkill on a pistol caliber or it maybe not. Blue lock tight maybe good or it may not hold up to the temp. Why not just go w rocksett?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm mostly curious what other people have done.  I haven't put any thread locker on yet because I'm thinking that I might want to make it easier to change to a different attachment method later on.  I realize that without a locker on there it coming lose will always be a possibility, but if others aren't running into issues after only using torque and no thread locker, I'd just torque mine a little more.  If the problem can only be solved with rockset or locktite, then so be it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 12:44:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm mostly curious what other people have done.  I haven't put any thread locker on yet because I'm thinking that I might want to make it easier to change to a different attachment method later on.  I realize that without a locker on there it coming lose will always be a possibility, but if others aren't running into issues after only using torque and no thread locker, I'd just torque mine a little more.  If the problem can only be solved with rockset or locktite, then so be it.
View Quote
It will more than likely back off without Rocksett or Loctite. To get it tight enough to not back off you would need it torqued down tight enough that easy removal would be gone anyway.

Loctite makes a high temp version of blue, 242. It does not have the higher torque rating of Rocksett but should be okay for a pistol caliber weapon.
Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top