BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
dont get me wrong i understand that SS direct now bundles in the Transfer fee and even if you did 100 "which i know SS gives less" that still puts the quiet riot suppressor at around 50 less.. it would be an easier pill to swallow with a price reduction of 50-75 bucks from SS or toss in a free 1/2x28 mount.
View Quote

Keep in mind the Silencer Shop Powered Dealers set the price, not Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Keep in mind the Silencer Shop Powered Dealers set the price, not Silencer Shop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
dont get me wrong i understand that SS direct now bundles in the Transfer fee and even if you did 100 "which i know SS gives less" that still puts the quiet riot suppressor at around 50 less.. it would be an easier pill to swallow with a price reduction of 50-75 bucks from SS or toss in a free 1/2x28 mount.

My "Powered By" dealer charges $50 transfer for the masses and half that for me since I'm a frequent buyer. So $799 "Powered By" vs $704.99 QR w/$50 transfer is still a big difference.
Do you know if metric pistons will be available?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Should we expect a 9mm variant eventually?
View Quote

hehe first thing i did was try obsidian9.com - no joy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are metric LH pistons in 9 and 45 available?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Silencer Shop has it listed as good for 10mm on their website.  Is this correct, and if so, does that mean that it will take 357 mag as well?

Thanks
Chris

The Obsidian is good to go for 10mm and 357 mag.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

Are metric LH pistons in 9 and 45 available?

These are in production and will be available very soon.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd have to think some metric will be part of "all of the other common thread pitches":

Currently shipping with one .578x28 piston and optional add on 1/2x28 pistons are available.  Rugged is expected to release all of the other common thread pitches early in 2016.

In the meantime, SiCo pistons are plentiful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you know if metric pistons will be available?

I'd have to think some metric will be part of "all of the other common thread pitches":

Currently shipping with one .578x28 piston and optional add on 1/2x28 pistons are available.  Rugged is expected to release all of the other common thread pitches early in 2016.

In the meantime, SiCo pistons are plentiful.

We're actually running M16x1LH right now, these and all other common thread pitches will be ready to purchase in early 2016.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Do want! Such a sexy can! may make me buy a 45 again! xD

Will there be a dedicated 9mm version?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

just saw SS pricing vs Quiet riot.. quite the spread :-/
View Quote

wow.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I grabbed it. Hoping to not get screwed over by 41p.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool. Do the baffles only go together one way, like the Revolution, or any direction, like the Octane?

Also curious, why the 6061 for the long middle section and 7075 for the Adapt front portion?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Man I was trying to decide what to buy this year.   I think I might have found it.   Just wondering what else will be released at shot.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Still, being Al, it will require a different approach compared to the baffles.  My Rugged Surge, I can just drop it in the dip & let the chemical interaction do the dirty work, all in 1 process.

The Dead Air Ghost is only PC can I know of that utilizes Ti tubing at this time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since upgrade potential is being flaunted, is there a plan to introduce a Ti tube variant?  Among other things, I would prefer to be able to utilize the dip cleaning method; can't do that with Al.

The baffles look to be CTA style so cleaning the tube should be a non-issue.

Still, being Al, it will require a different approach compared to the baffles.  My Rugged Surge, I can just drop it in the dip & let the chemical interaction do the dirty work, all in 1 process.

The Dead Air Ghost is only PC can I know of that utilizes Ti tubing at this time.

Ummm.  TiRant?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ummm.  TiRant?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since upgrade potential is being flaunted, is there a plan to introduce a Ti tube variant?  Among other things, I would prefer to be able to utilize the dip cleaning method; can't do that with Al.

Ummm.  TiRant?

SF RYDER 9Ti...
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:46:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

SF RYDER 9Ti...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm.  TiRant?

SF RYDER 9Ti...

SRD9 & SRD45 [not on the street yet- but then again neither is the Ghost]

Mystic X and Cosmic too.....

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:35:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Surefire Ryder 9 TiLiberty Mystic X
Liberty Cosmic

Are some more titanium tubed pistol cans with stainless baffles.

Lots of great options out! I'm having a hard time deciding what to get

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surefire Ryder 9 TiLiberty Mystic X
Liberty Cosmic

Are some more titanium tubed pistol cans with stainless baffles.

Lots of great options out! I'm having a hard time deciding what to get

Yeah, well, you got me.  I should've remembered the TiRant series, but I didn't even know about the other ones you listed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For anyone that's reading this misinformation, slots in the pistons prevent rotation of the suppressor in relation to the piston under recoil.  If the can rotates it will subsequently smash the piston teeth into the booster housing indexing features damaging the parts.  Additionally, the ORING on the retainer deforms into the slots which creates a gas seal anyway and provides that the silencer does not rotate under recoil. To say that eliminating that feature is somehow a performance increase is marketing bs.  Companies don't add machining features which increase cost of manufacturing for no reason.  

FYI silencer people know that Blow Back comes out the barrel.....increasing a seal would increase blow back if there were a gas leak which there isn't anyway. There are enough nice things to say about most market products without resorting to misinformation to needlessly confuse the customer base.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are the pistons proprietary, or will it use SiCo pistons? The pistons look very similar....

Our pistons are propriety in that they do not utilize the slots found in other manufacturers designs. This allows for a full circumference gas seal that eliminates most of the gas blow back common in other pistol suppressors. The Obsidian will work with Octane pistons, however you'll notice a slight increase in blow back due to the slotted pistons.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

For anyone that's reading this misinformation, slots in the pistons prevent rotation of the suppressor in relation to the piston under recoil.  If the can rotates it will subsequently smash the piston teeth into the booster housing indexing features damaging the parts.  Additionally, the ORING on the retainer deforms into the slots which creates a gas seal anyway and provides that the silencer does not rotate under recoil. To say that eliminating that feature is somehow a performance increase is marketing bs.  Companies don't add machining features which increase cost of manufacturing for no reason.  

FYI silencer people know that Blow Back comes out the barrel.....increasing a seal would increase blow back if there were a gas leak which there isn't anyway. There are enough nice things to say about most market products without resorting to misinformation to needlessly confuse the customer base.

So does this mean Octane pistons are just as good to use as the Rugged pistons? Would the differences only really be cosmetic?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Well...actually....

When you....... utilized... the piston design from Silencerco you inadvertently copied the Osprey cam grooves that are un-needed for anything but the Osprey suppressor line. You see, the only reason to have those grooves is so the three cam tabs have a place to slide into and lock to the piston when you install the cam/piston assembly into the blast chamber on the Osprey.

The cam ring is a two piece part. The first section has tabs that slide into the aforementioned grooves on the piston and the second half of the cam rotates upon it with 360deg knurling on the OD surface of the ring. This is what interfaces with the cam lever tooth. This is how you orient the eccentric suppressor correctly.

As far as manufacturing costs, it has nothing to do with the time the machine takes to cut three grooves into the OD of the piston. The reason is quite the opposite.  Silencerco uses this same piston design across the entire suppressor lineup to save time/cost. This way they have one production cycle machining one specific type of piston. Not two, as in one with grooves for the Osprey and one without for the Octane line. (You know, the suppressor Henry Graham designed at SWR) As such they are very aware of the minimal blowback associated with the Octane and the grooved pistons. Hence why there is still only one piston version available.

I have personally viewed grooved and non-grooved pistons under high speed footage on a wet can (visual aid/steam leaking) and you can clearly see gas escaping through the rear of the suppressor. The O-ring is NOT there to keep anything from rotating...it's simply there to help with gas seal and is standard on any suppressor booster assembly from any manufacturer. So it seems like the only one confusing the market base is you. The claim of less blowback by Rugged is not a lie, it's true. Albeit the difference is small, it's still there.

CONT>

*edited to fix typo
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Now I'm not here to start a forum war. I've just noticed lately you have gone on a campaign to discredit this particular manufacturer and this comment finally made me step in. The photoshop jabbing and belt fed bashing is getting old. One could spend days photoshopping jokes with your company and a xerox machine but to what end? The truth is that every company copies traits from the other. Since the beginning of the suppressor growth in 2009 it has been that way. The mounts, baffles, tube and construction all mimic the next. Why? Because the tech is advancing so rapidly, nobody can keep up. And I don't blame you, nor Rugged, or anyone else for using the same piston design as Silencerco! It's great, as you gave your customers the ability to have cross compatibility with their existing piston collection. Smart move your part and theirs.

I know you and I have never met and hope you take this harsh constructive criticism the right way. My biggest advice would be to stop the cyber bully BS man. You make a great product and should let that speak for itself! Your machining, materials and overall fit and finish are tops. You have nothing to prove. And I would hate for you to follow the "Too proud to play nice with others" act that AAC had going on. It will turn off potential customers and already has in some of the other threads. The finger pointing just looks unprofessional and as someone who started a suppressor company from the ground up I'm sure you see yourself as a professional.

Before I go, I'll add that I have no dog in this fight. I'm a 3rd party reviewer and contemplated very hard on even writing this as I like to remain neutral. I'm very familiar with this forum and how quick the ban hammer can strike. I only hope you take my advice. There is plenty of room in the suppressor market for you, SiCo, DeadAir, Rugged, Surefire, etc etc.

Take care and Happy New Year.

-NFA Review
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

... for using the same piston design as Silencerco! It's great, as you gave your customers the ability to have cross compatibility with their existing piston collection. Smart move your part and theirs.

View Quote

except they didn't - in a dick for "less deflection" move, they made their pistons slightly bigger so that they wouldn't work on Silencerco cans.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

except they didn't - in a dick for "less deflection" move, they made their pistons slightly bigger so that they wouldn't work on Silencerco cans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... for using the same piston design as Silencerco! It's great, as you gave your customers the ability to have cross compatibility with their existing piston collection. Smart move your part and theirs.

Huh....I could have swore I shot a SiCo piston in a GA can awhile back. So maybe it's not forward compatible. So why keep the cam tab grooves?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Huh....I could have swore I shot a SiCo piston in a GA can awhile back. So maybe it's not forward compatible. So why keep the cam tab grooves?
View Quote
You can use SCO pistons in GA products but not GA pistons in SCO products.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Side note: NFA REVIEW, I love your videos. They're extremely well done and fun to watch. Keep it up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are the pistons proprietary, or will it use SiCo pistons? The pistons look very similar....

Our pistons are propriety in that they do not utilize the slots found in other manufacturers designs. This allows for a full circumference gas seal that eliminates most of the gas blow back common in other pistol suppressors. The Obsidian will work with Octane pistons, however you'll notice a slight increase in blow back due to the slotted pistons.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

and this is why i bought the Revolution45, thanks for the honesty
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Side note: NFA REVIEW, I love your videos. They're extremely well done and fun to watch. Keep it up.
View Quote

Seconded.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
nice for a detailed description  and getting an idea for the volume level from wet to dry.  Watching your videos pushed me to get into NFA. Keep it up!
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes great videos on YouTube. By far my favorite suppressor channel.

Now saying that I'm not taking up for GA but the Rugged advertising ploy is getting old. And all the sudden this can comes out and NFAREVIEW shows up here?  Seems IMO.  

Anyway keep up the awesome work on the suppressor videos.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

Seems more like their just being a dick, more than honest.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, no frills and no shitty music.  With the kind of quality videos you produce, I'd love to see some night vision/thermal related stuff.  NV/thermal and silencers go together nicely, nothing like a suppressed 22 shooting steel at night

This new Rugged can looks fantastic.  I really like my Octane 45 but I must say this looks even better.  I'm very interested to see if it really does have reduced backblast.  This week I bought a Surge 762 due to the variable length that this can shares with it, what a fantastic concept.  I'm really hoping they do a rimfire can like that too.  Now I just need to find a place around Sarasota that does cheaper transfers, I was spoiled in Indiana.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Agreed, no frills and no shitty music.  With the kind of quality videos you produce, I'd love to see some night vision/thermal related stuff.  NV/thermal and silencers go together nicely, nothing like a suppressed 22 shooting steel at night

This new Rugged can looks fantastic.  I really like my Octane 45 but I must say this looks even better.  I'm very interested to see if it really does have reduced backblast.  This week I bought a Surge 762 due to the variable length that this can shares with it, what a fantastic concept.  I'm really hoping they do a rimfire can like that too.  Now I just need to find a place around Sarasota that does cheaper transfers, I was spoiled in Indiana.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencerco has a variable length 22lr can.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well...actually....

When you....... utilized the piston design from Silencerco you inadvertently copied the Osprey cam grooves that are un-needed for anything but the Osprey suppressor line. You see, the only reason to have those grooves is so the three cam tabs have a place to slide into and lock to the piston when you install the cam/piston assembly into the blast chamber on the Osprey.

The cam ring is a two piece part. The first section has tabs that slide into the aforementioned grooves on the piston and the second half of the cam rotates upon it with 360deg knurling on the OD surface of the ring. This is what interfaces with the cam lever tooth. This is how you orient the eccentric suppressor correctly.

As far as manufacturing costs, it has nothing to do with the time the machine takes to cut three lines into the OD of the piston. The reason is quite the opposite.  Silencerco uses this same piston design across the entire suppressor lineup to save time/cost. This way they have one production cycle machining one specific type of piston. Not two, one with grooves for the Osprey and one without for the Octane line. (You know, the suppressor Henry Graham designed at SWR) As such they are very aware of the minimal blowback associated with the Octane and the grooved pistons. Hence why there is still only one piston version available.

I have personally viewed grooved and non-grooved pistons under high speed footage on a wet can (visual aid/steam leaking) and you can clearly see gas escaping through the rear of the suppressor. The O-ring is NOT there to keep anything from rotating...it's simply there to help with gas seal and is standard on any suppressor booster assembly from any manufacturer. So it seems like the only one confusing the market base is you. The claim of less back pressure by Rugged is not a lie, it's true. Albeit the difference is small, it's still there.

CONT>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Well...actually....

When you....... utilized the piston design from Silencerco you inadvertently copied the Osprey cam grooves that are un-needed for anything but the Osprey suppressor line. You see, the only reason to have those grooves is so the three cam tabs have a place to slide into and lock to the piston when you install the cam/piston assembly into the blast chamber on the Osprey.

As far as manufacturing costs, it has nothing to do with the time the machine takes to cut three lines into the OD of the piston. The reason is quite the opposite.  Silencerco uses this same piston design across the entire suppressor lineup to save time/cost. This way they have one production cycle machining one specific type of piston. Not two, one with grooves for the Osprey and one without for the Octane line. (You know, the suppressor Henry Graham designed at SWR) As such they are very aware of the minimal blowback associated with the Octane and the grooved pistons. Hence why there is still only one piston version available.

I have personally viewed grooved and non-grooved pistons under high speed footage on a wet can (visual aid/steam leaking) and you can clearly see gas escaping through the rear of the suppressor. The O-ring is NOT there to keep anything from rotating...it's simply there to help with gas seal and is standard on any suppressor booster assembly from any manufacturer. So it seems like the only one confusing the market base is you. The claim of less back pressure by Rugged is not a lie, it's true. Albeit the difference is small, it's still there.

CONT>

Quoted:

As a member of the design team for the Osprey, I can confirm that the slots in the piston were indeed added for a reason and that's for orientation of the can.  You really could have saved yourself some time and money and not copied that feature.  And yes, they absolutely do increase blow-back.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Suppressor bickering makes baby Jesus cry.

Awesome looking can.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Now saying that I'm not taking up for GA but the Rugged advertising ploy is getting old. And all the sudden this can comes out and NFAREVIEW shows up here?  Seems IMO.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First off, A big thank you to everyone who notices the hard work these videos are to produce. And it feels GREAT to know that I help some of you get into the world of NFA. That is very cool!

As far as my first post being about Rugged.... it looks kinda like you said but it's purely coincidental. I was never able to setup an account here in the past till two days ago when I bought the URL www.nfareviewchannel.com and setup a email account. Gmail is not accepted here. I can assure you it was just a timing thing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

First off, A big thank you to everyone who notices the hard work these videos are to produce. And it feels GREAT to know that I help some of you get into the world of NFA. That is very cool!

As far as my first post being about Rugged.... it looks kinda like you said but it's purely coincidental. I was never able to setup an account here in the past till two days ago when I bought the URL www.nfareviewchannel.com and setup a email account. Gmail is not accepted here. I can assure you it was just a timing thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love your videos, helped me decide to get a couple of my cans. As someone said above, would love to see some night vision or thermal, but keep up the great work!
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#37]
In the Twang & Bang video the can is shot on a 22lr bolt action Ruger. No mention of the booster being removed?!?  Can you shoot a Rugged, Tirant, Octane 45 etc on a 22lr host while leaving the booster in the can?  
Is the spacer (replacing the piston spring) only for 300 blk etc?  

Nice looking suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In the Twang & Bang video the can is shot on a 22lr bolt action Ruger. No mention of the booster being removed?!?  Can you shoot a Rugged, Tirant, Octane 45 etc on a 22lr host while leaving the booster in the can?  

Nice looking suppressor.
View Quote

Anytime you affix a suppressor to a fixed barrel you need to ensure the suppressor mount interface is also fixed. You can use the booster assembly as long as you replace the spring with the spacer. Otherwise the forward pressure with push against the baffles, compress the spring, and jackhammer the can back and forth on the fixed barrel.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Anytime you affix a suppressor to a fixed barrel you need to ensure the suppressor mount interface is also fixed. You can use the booster assembly as long as you replace the spring with the spacer. Otherwise the forward pressure with push against the baffles, compress the spring, and jackhammer the can back and forth on the fixed barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice looking suppressor.

Thanks for the reply and explanation.  I am aware that is needed on rounds with pressure, I just wasn't sure if that was needed on a 22lr round.
I'll have to review the video again but I thought the shooter mentioned he didn't have a spacer at the end so he couldn't try it out on the handi rifle.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well OK then; I just thought it was a little fishy that's all.  Your most welcome here. Especially your reviews.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not trying to start a forum war, we are some of the most down to earth people in the industry as well. I just don't agree with the marketing speak which hides a backhanded jab at other designs which I belive is not correct. Thats it. No less no more. On a other note I do like the can. It's cool to see companies putting their own twist on the Revolution concept like AAC, Rugged, and Dead Air.  I think we can all agree that competition is good for the consumer and the marketplace in general. We are also big fans of the NFA review Channel. It's done really well.  Also the spaceshuttle door gunner is a military joke that goes back decades. And belt fed rating? It's a cool concept if there is a set of testing perimeters describing what it exactly means.... which I have seen none of.  But we've got a 240L on the way to belt fed rate our stuff so no worries.  Good example when I was trained on the M110 in the military the program trainers instructed a sustained ROF spec of 7 rounds per minute. Marketing speak is cool and definitely fun to watch, +1 rugged, but  sometimes a little technical info is nice to accompany it so it can be understood.
View Quote

240L.... I'm soooo jelly.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Can you tell me if the blowback is noticeably less than an Octane 45?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

I've noticed that on my Glock I still get little burn marks on the front of the slide with the Octane 45.  This is NOT what is blowing back in my face.  All of THAT blowback is coming out the breech.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've noticed that on my Glock I still get little burn marks on the front of the slide with the Octane 45.  This is NOT what is blowing back in my face.  All of THAT blowback is coming out the breech.  
View Quote

I discovered that on my Glock, a bunch of crap was blowing out between the slide and the frame (i.e. through and underneath the backplate). Hated shooting my Octane on there, so I bought an MP5.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I discovered that on my Glock, a bunch of crap was blowing out between the slide and the frame (i.e. through and underneath the backplate). Hated shooting my Octane on there, so I bought an MP5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arf logic
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:51:02 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good videos, but better if you view them as commercials vice "reviews".  I don't expect to hear anything bad about a product, but there's still value.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:13:42 AM EDT
[#48]
I can not freaking wait to get one of these to have of my own, and to sell to customers!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not trying to start a forum war, we are some of the most down to earth people in the industry as well. I just don't agree with the marketing speak which hides a backhanded jab at other designs which I belive is not correct. Thats it. No less no more. On a other note I do like the can. It's cool to see companies putting their own twist on the Revolution concept like AAC, Rugged, and Dead Air.  I think we can all agree that competition is good for the consumer and the marketplace in general. We are also big fans of the NFA review Channel. It's done really well.  Also the spaceshuttle door gunner is a military joke that goes back decades. And belt fed rating? It's a cool concept if there is a set of testing perimeters describing what it exactly means.... which I have seen none of.  But we've got a 240L on the way to belt fed rate our stuff so no worries.  Good example when I was trained on the M110 in the military the program trainers instructed a sustained ROF spec of 7 rounds per minute. Marketing speak is cool and definitely fun to watch, +1 rugged, but  sometimes a little technical info is nice to accompany it so it can be understood.
View Quote

Come on ladies, you're all pretty.

On a more serious note, big fan of the NFA review channel, big fan of all the innovation and variety we are seeing out of the suppressor market, and appreciate that this discussion is (mostly) substantive in nature and not the kind of industry bickering we've seen in the past.  Curious to read more about this slot/blowback phenomenon.  Carry on gentlemen.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good videos, but better if you view them as commercials vice "reviews".  I don't expect to hear anything bad about a product, but there's still value.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a digital gun magazine
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top