Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
So what do I need to attach this thing to a 300 blackout barrel thats 5/8x24 or whatever?
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what do I need to attach this thing to a 300 blackout barrel thats 5/8x24 or whatever?
View Quote

Octane Fixed Mount AC153 or Harvester Thread Mount AC634.  Both are 5/8x24
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 3:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Per an email reply I received from Chris Brady from Rugged:

"Yes, you can use Octane mounts with the Obsidian with no affect on the warranty."

and "We do not recommend GA products for use in the Obsidian as they have stated that the Revolution is built to different specs. We have not tested them in the Obsidian, so I cannot say whether they will work or not."

So these will work with full Rugged warranty:  https://www.store.silencerco.com/collections/silencer-accessories/products/thread-mount?variant=221764050 and for a more flushed/shorter mount, the Harvester(non Big Bore) will also work:  https://www.store.silencerco.com/collections/silencer-accessories/products/harvester-thread-mount?variant=908092593
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would also be nice to see direct thread adapters. I am looking at that Ruger American Ranch in 300 BO.

Per an email reply I received from Chris Brady from Rugged:

"Yes, you can use Octane mounts with the Obsidian with no affect on the warranty."

and "We do not recommend GA products for use in the Obsidian as they have stated that the Revolution is built to different specs. We have not tested them in the Obsidian, so I cannot say whether they will work or not."

So these will work with full Rugged warranty:  https://www.store.silencerco.com/collections/silencer-accessories/products/thread-mount?variant=221764050 and for a more flushed/shorter mount, the Harvester(non Big Bore) will also work:  https://www.store.silencerco.com/collections/silencer-accessories/products/harvester-thread-mount?variant=908092593

Thank you for the information and Ouch they are spendy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow is the obsidian quiet on the MP long slide with 147gr lawman.  I was using it in the long configuration at the range today and I could not be any happier.  I find that it wants to unscrew itself after a magazine or so I have to keep tightening down though.   I'm not really going to be shooting this much on a pistol as my scorpion so I guess the 3 lug will come in handy...if they can be found.

I should add that I did not receive any blow back while shooting the gun but did get some on the last round when it locks back about 50 percent of the time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#5]
HansohnBrothers shows 3-lug mount in stock.  Already placed my order
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thank you!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

Just checked and was coming here to post this link for others, ordered one too!

http://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80_88&product_id=422
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Dang, already OOS
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't wait to try mine on my Glock 20 & 43 in the long config with some quiet hand loads!

Check cashed on 6/10. Called the other day and they are starting to enter early June into the system.

Prob going to be March 17 before I see her
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#10]
You guys that are pending are the lucky ones.

I've had an Obsidian and a Mask on order with my local guy since late April/early May March 19.  Still being told they're on back order.  

I'm so close to trying to find one online and canceling my standing order.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Capitol armory has the three lug adapters in stock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tomorrow they will but will take order today over phone...ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Has there been any word on metric pistons for the Obsidian?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Available for order at Capitol Armory online...
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Available for order at Capitol Armory online...
View Quote

I'd make my own suppressors at home if I could.  But, I'm not a skilled craftsmen nor do I have access to a machine shop. So I buy all my suppressors from Torrey at Capital Armory. He seems kinda shady though; the day after I bought the last one he mailed some form off to the ATF and didn't ship my suppressor until they got a response like 2 months later!!!

Anyone still on the fence needs to man the F up and buy an Obsidian already. CA are top notch folks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just got mine ordered.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone compared the Obsidian (either length) to the Osprey 45?  Really thinking of picking one up but only if it is quieter than my Osprey.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We have the 3 Lug adapters in stock now as well - HERE
View Quote

Thanks, just ordered one!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We have the 3 Lug adapters in stock now as well - HERE

Me too. Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Can you guys (dealers) post some pics of the Rugged 3-lug internals?

Is the spring as strong as that in the GA 3-lug?

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Has anyone compared the Obsidian (either length) to the Osprey 45?  Really thinking of picking one up but only if it is quieter than my Osprey.
View Quote

Silencer Shop tested both and have video on their You Tube channel.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#27]
" />

^ In hand, Obsidian approved the 14th and Lancer 10" MPX hopefully shipping next week...by end of Sept pew, pew, pew!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Rugged 1/2-28 pistons in stock now - BUY HERE
View Quote

Holy mother of jeebus! Ordered! Been trying to get one of these for 5 months.

However, my Obsidian 45 was approved on 8/29, and no stamp yet......so I'm still screwed.

At least I finally got that piston though!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Old food scale but I bet its within a few tenths.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#30]
If you buy the three lug mount, where do you get the muzzle attachment for your gun?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but 3 lug mounts are generic unless it's a specific B&T three lug. Anything you can get that fits your barrel should work.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you buy the three lug mount, where do you get the muzzle attachment for your gun?
View Quote

Like this.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/Revolution-3-Lug-Adapters-p/93l.htm
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dang, wish I'd held off on the three lug adapter so I could have ordered both at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but 3 lug mounts are generic unless it's a specific B&T three lug. Anything you can get that fits your barrel should work.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone know whether these will work in the Silencerco Cans.  They physically fit..but wondering if anyone has already shot some rounds using the Rugged 3-Lug and a Silencerco Can(Omega 9k, Octane).

I physically attached the Rugged 3-Lug in an Omega 9k and it did fit...went in pretty deep into the can.  I had no issues using the Rugged 3-Lug on the MPX with an HK Parts 3-Lug adapter, unlike my GA 3-Lug which will not go onto the HK Parts MPX 3-Lug adapter.  

Here are a couple of comparison pics of the Rugged 3-Lug in a Silencerco Omega 9k...it makes for a freakin short 9mm suppressor pacakge.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#36]

thanks, ordered.  any word on 13.5 metric pistons?  need one for my 226...
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Aby001

The 3 lugs on Hk 9mm MP5's and MP5k's are smaller than the ones on the Hk 40 S&W, 357 Sig or 10mm MP5.s.  Hk did not want people
mistakenly putting a 9mm can on a weapon than shoots a larger caliber so they made the lugs a little bit different.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

It looks like the Rugged spring makes ~3 1/2 complete revolutions, and the Griffin spring makes ~4 1/2 complete revolutions. That, plus the fact that I already have an old Griffin 3 lug and the wrench to remove it has the old and revised spacing to remove the Griffin 3 lug from the can, means I'll go ahead and wait for Griffin to be back in stock.

Does Rugged make a wrench to remove the 3 lug when it gets stuck inside the can?
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It looks like the Rugged spring makes ~3 1/2 complete revolutions, and the Griffin spring makes ~4 1/2 complete revolutions. That, plus the fact that I already have an old Griffin 3 lug and the wrench to remove it has the old and revised spacing to remove the Griffin 3 lug from the can, means I'll go ahead and wait for Griffin to be back in stock.

Does Rugged make a wrench to remove the 3 lug when it gets stuck inside the can?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Saker/Omega tools work well on the Rugged 3-Lug Mount.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll argue that there's more to spring tension than just the number of turns.

But another thing going for the GA mount is that it can be had for less than $100 which is another appealing factor.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good to know. I don't have one of those, so I'll stick with waiting for Griffin's to be back in stock. Plus, I'm only 3.5 months in on my Form 4 for my Omega 9K.

Quoted:
  I'll argue that there's more to spring tension than just the number of turns.

But another thing going for the GA mount is that it can be had for less than $100 which is another appealing factor.

There definitely is, just something I noticed and I'm sure both work fine. I didn't realize the Griffin 3-lug can be had that cheap, that's awesome.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Is the three lug worth it over a directed thread? Mine will be getting used on a Glock 19 with a piston, but it will also be going on an AR-9 and a M11/9 with a Lage upper. I'm curious with those two if I'm better off going with a 3 lug or a direct thread.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is the three lug worth it over a directed thread? Mine will be getting used on a Glock 19 with a piston, but it will also be going on an AR-9 and a M11/9 with a Lage upper. I'm curious with those two if I'm better off going with a 3 lug or a direct thread.
View Quote

It's absolutely worth it. You don't have to worry at all about the silencer backing off, which is going to be huge on your M11/9. Even in semi auto, it's a world of difference to just be able to shoot and not worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Made another call yesterday. My check was cashed and went pending on 6/8 .

Question about the 1/2x28 pistons. Are y'all just wanting Rugged brand 1/2x28 pistons? I thought SilencerCo 1/2x28 pistons would work in the Obsidian.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#45]
The SilencerCo pistons will work, most prefer to have the correct Rugged pistons. Since Rugged 1/2x28 are available, no reason not to use them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Made another call yesterday. My check was cashed and went pending on 6/8 .

Question about the 1/2x28 pistons. Are y'all just wanting Rugged brand 1/2x28 pistons? I thought SilencerCo 1/2x28 pistons would work in the Obsidian.
View Quote

I bought the Rugged piston for use in a Silencerco can because of the lack of notches.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Metric pistons in stock, if interested

http://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=38&product_id=416
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Metric pistons in stock, if interested

http://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=38&product_id=416
View Quote

Quiet Riot has them in stock as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#49]
I purchased my Obsidian from Silencershop way back on Jan 7, ATF cashed my check on Feb 23 and ATF approved my Form 4 on Sept 6.  My local dealer received the approved Form 4 on Sept 30 and I picked up the Obsidian today, Oct 4.  So...about 10 months from Silencershop purchase to possession.  

My S/N is B4511xx and I got a two tone model.  Also, the Adapt Module on my Obsidian does not have the Arrowhead roll mark as can be seen on some of the review videos.

Full length with the 3-Lug mount, its a little shorter than the TiRant 45 with 3-Lug mount.  In the short config with the 3-Lug mount, its just a tad longer than the Omega 9k with the Silencerco 3-Lug mount.  Below is a pic for comparison:

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Double post
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top