BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Posted: 12/31/2015 1:09:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't have any meter data when I shot the Obsidian 45, and I was blown away by what I heard.  It was a week later that I finally got the dB stats showing my intuition was right.  It's not only the quietest 45ACP can on the market right now; it's also one of the quietest 9mm cans on the market right now even with the 45ACP endcap in place.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow I might have to pick one of these up. I wonder when capitol armory will have them available for sale.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Are the pistons proprietary, or will it use SiCo pistons? The pistons look very similar....
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
This sucks.  I have to buy more guns now to go with all these new cans im going to have to buy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are the pistons proprietary, or will it use SiCo pistons? The pistons look very similar....
View Quote

Our pistons are propriety in that they do not utilize the slots found in other manufacturers designs. This allows for a full circumference gas seal that eliminates most of the gas blow back common in other pistol suppressors. The Obsidian will work with Octane pistons, however you'll notice a slight increase in blow back due to the slotted pistons.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Should we expect a 9mm variant eventually?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Our pistons are propriety in that they do not utilize the slots found in other manufacturers designs. This allows for a full circumference gas seal that eliminates most of the gas blow back common in other pistol suppressors. The Obsidian will work with Octane pistons, however you'll notice a slight increase in blow back due to the slotted pistons.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

Awesome! Thanks!

Now I need to find a dealer to order one!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#10]
3 lug ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
3 lug ?
View Quote

These are in production and will be available soon.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#14]

That sucking sound you hear is the Revolution being replaced by the Obsidian as the new darling pistol suppressor...

(until the Dead Air offering comes out)
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Do you know if the opposite is also true? As in your pistons in a SiCo can?  I know with Griffin I believe it's only swappable in one direction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

Do you know if the opposite is also true? As in your pistons in a SiCo can?  I know with Griffin I believe it's only swappable in one direction.

The Obsidian's pistons will work in an Octane, but we recommend you check with SilencerCo to find out about any warranty implications. As far as Griffin pistons go, we have read these are built to a different specification so at this time, we do not recommend using Griffin pistons in the Obsidian or vice-versa.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Will buy x 2 unless 41p'd.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I just FO'd....
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is the quietest 45 that we have tested so far. Look for a video of it soon. Also we have them in stock now. http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/pistol/rugged-suppressors-obsidian-45.html
View Quote

How much quieter than the TiRant 45?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That sucking sound you hear is the Revolution being replaced by the Obsidian as the new darling pistol suppressor...

(until the Dead Air offering comes out)
View Quote

I thought it was the sound of money leaving my wallet.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I WILL be pitting this against my Octane 45. Should be interesting to see two of Henry's cans go head-to-head.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, looks like I need another can.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Congrats on having the lowest price in the country on these.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just FO'd....

Congrats on having the lowest price in the country on these.

Rugged and Dead Air have realistic and fair MAP policies IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#27]
A small sample of pics we took for you all

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quiet Riot has these in stock right now at an awesome price as well for those in GA that are local to their place.

I am in no way affiliated with either company. Just a happy customer of Quiet Riot.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought 2015 was a great year for suppressors.  2016 is shaping up to be even better!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Since upgrade potential is being flaunted, is there a plan to introduce a Ti tube variant?  Among other things, I would prefer to be able to utilize the dip cleaning method; can't do that with Al.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is the quietest 45 that we have tested so far. Look for a video of it soon. Also we have them in stock now. http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/pistol/rugged-suppressors-obsidian-45.html
View Quote

long or short configuration?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Since upgrade potential is being flaunted, is there a plan to introduce a Ti tube variant?  Among other things, I would prefer to be able to utilize the dip cleaning method; can't do that with Al.
View Quote

The baffles look to be CTA style so cleaning the tube should be a non-issue.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still, being Al, it will require a different approach compared to the baffles.  My Rugged Surge, I can just drop it in the dip & let the chemical interaction do the dirty work, all in 1 process.

The Dead Air Ghost is only PC can I know of that utilizes Ti tubing at this time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Still, being Al, it will require a different approach compared to the baffles.  My Rugged Surge, I can just drop it in the dip & let the chemical interaction do the dirty work, all in 1 process.

The Dead Air Ghost is only PC can I know of that utilizes Ti tubing at this time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been told by a manufacturer that the dip doesn't work well with Cerakote.  It sounds like it works for you though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#36]
just saw SS pricing vs Quiet riot.. quite the spread :-/
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've been told by a manufacturer that the dip doesn't work well with Cerakote.  It sounds like it works for you though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't actually used the dip yet, not enough time on the Surge at this time.  But being a sealed can, what other way is there to clean it?

A user-serviceable can I can pre-treat with silicone, making dip cleaning unnecessary.  It would be convenient to be able to use a single cleaning process, is all I am getting at.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Silencer Shop has it listed as good for 10mm on their website.  Is this correct, and if so, does that mean that it will take 357 mag as well?

Thanks
Chris
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

You aren't kidding... Why anyone would pay SS pricing on these vs others I don't know...my local ''powered by dealers" are over MSRP
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Haven't actually used the dip yet, not enough time on the Surge at this time.  But being a sealed can, what other way is there to clean it?

A user-serviceable can I can pre-treat with silicone, making dip cleaning unnecessary.  It would be convenient to be able to use a single cleaning process, is all I am getting at.
View Quote

No need to clean centerfire rifle suppressors as long as you are using jacketed bullets.  If you are using cast bullets, that's a different story.  Anyway, sorry for the thread drift....
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#42]
No metric LH pistons in 9 and 45? I don't do RH threads.
and
$799 Powered By vs $654.99 QR for me. That's a big difference.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Surefire Ryder 9 Ti

Liberty Mystic X

Liberty Cosmic

Are some more titanium tubed pistol cans with stainless baffles.

Lots of great options out! I'm having a hard time deciding what to get

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Silencer Shop has it listed as good for 10mm on their website.  Is this correct, and if so, does that mean that it will take 357 mag as well?

Thanks
Chris
View Quote

The Obsidian is good to go for 10mm and 357 mag.

Chris
Rugged Suppressors
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Depends on where you are. If you're in VA, you can get it from SS for ~$5 less than QRF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You aren't kidding... Why anyone would pay SS pricing on these vs others I don't know...my local ''powered by dealers" are over MSRP

Depends on where you are. If you're in VA, you can get it from SS for ~$5 less than QRF.

Not anymore :)
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By clemsonfan

Chris

Rugged Suppressors
View Quote
Nice!

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well played sir...
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Chris
Rugged Suppressors
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Chris

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

Are metric LH pistons in 9 and 45 available?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#49]
dont get me wrong i understand that SS direct now bundles in the Transfer fee and even if you did 100 "which i know SS gives less" that still puts the quiet riot suppressor at around 50 less.. it would be an easier pill to swallow with a price reduction of 50-75 bucks from SS or toss in a free 1/2x28 mount.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Chris

Chris
Rugged Suppressors

Use sico pistons in the mean time
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top