Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I suspect there are more 300 BLK SBRs than sub-guns or 9mm SBRs in use.  Based on my own sales, I move a lot more 5/8x24 DT than 1/2x36 DT mounts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you. Also, any idea why 5/8x24 for the DT mount? Surprised it isn't 1/2x28 or 1/2x36.

I suspect there are more 300 BLK SBRs than sub-guns or 9mm SBRs in use.  Based on my own sales, I move a lot more 5/8x24 DT than 1/2x36 DT mounts.

Then why not make it compatible with the Omega Flash Hider or Brake and then make a Flash hider or brake bored for 9mm. Not as fast to that attach as a three lug, but a lot faster than direct mount. I guess the name is what's throwing everyone off, since it's not really an Omega or Octane.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'll have hi-res pics on my FB ad IG accounts VERY soon as well as a full review...I'm not at liberty to say a date at the moment but when I say soon just know......soon lol. Keep an eye out fellas!
View Quote

If you can say, is it pretty good sounding (tone) and also, how will this compare to the rugged obsidian is short config? Im trying to figure if it is worth ordering it for a 9mm SBR, or to just use the Obsidian I just ordered.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#3]
"Mspr $865" lol
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"Mspr $865" lol
View Quote

That is ridiculous
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#5]
https://silencerco.com/omega-9k/

Metered 131.5 they say on a CZ Evo scorpion with AE 147

Spec sheet has right stats.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That is ridiculous
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Mspr $865" lol

That is ridiculous

Quiet Riot and Capital Armory showing it in stock as of now. Price....I won't comment.

Edit:Now showing in stock at Hanson brothers at $635.

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#7]
SilencerCo's product video is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4tpj8iH9xk
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quiet Riot and Capital Armory showing it in stock as of now. Price....I won't comment.

Edit: Hanson Brothers not showing in stock at moment but best price by over $150 at the moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Mspr $865" lol

That is ridiculous

Edit: Hanson Brothers not showing in stock at moment but best price by over $150 at the moment.

Full msrp...It's priced about $200 more than I would pay.  And aren't you supposed to be able to take apart a pistol can for cleaning?  It looks sealed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Full msrp...It's priced about $200 more than I would pay.  And aren't you supposed to be able to take apart a pistol can for cleaning?  It looks sealed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Mspr $865" lol

That is ridiculous

Some say yes. Some say no. If I was shooting lead then I would want serviceable. But tons of people have osprey suppressor and love it and you can't take that one apart.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Overpriced by far, might as well buy another Octane, or a competitors product at that price point. I'm gonna wait until pricing settles and then maybe pick one up, but I need another can like I need another hole in my head.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Overpriced by far, might as well buy another Octane, or a competitors product at that price point. I'm gonna wait until pricing settles and then maybe pick one up, but I need another can like I need another hole in my head.
View Quote

Same here. I recently picked up a Thompson SG-2 from Silencer Shop and the price with stamp was less than what the 9K is going for.

But I do have a "spare" SilencerCo 3-lug adapter lying around...

I'd use it as another PCC can - I can't imagine a 1.5" can on a pistol. 1.375" is bad enough to sight through.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#12]
The sico 3 lug mount kills me .. The mount seems like it almost the size of that can. Looks like crap on it too ..
They really need to come out with a low pro mount
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The sico 3 lug mount kills me .. The mount seems like it almost the size of that can. Looks like crap on it too ..
View Quote

This

Looked perfect for my MP5K till I saw that ridiculous 3 lug mount.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

That was my thought too for my MP5, but maybe not anymore...
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I was thinking about getting this if it was in mid $600's and saw a couple sites in the $600's but they were out of stock. I then go to capitol armory where I normally buy my cans and they had it at full MSRP, I figured they just did not change their price yet, and then I click refresh and they changed their price to $820 . That is so over priced. Why such massive price differences on this?

Edit: Companies that have it in the $600's have them in stock now.

Edit: All of the prices I have seen now have been raised into the $800's
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Seems that many use another companies short 3lug mount with the octane series. No clue how it works/warranties etc but many post about it citing dislike of length of SiCo unit. So perhaps something to look at for those that want a short 3lug on the 9k.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#18]

They just changed their price to $800.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Sorry, IT guy screwed up the pricing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Give that man a raise.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dang. Should've jumped before the raise then.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#22]
If this can could handle limited 556 i wouldnt be so concerned about pricepoint
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was thinking about getting this if it was in mid $600's and saw a couple sites in the $600's but they were out of stock. I then go to capitol armory where I normally buy my cans and they had it at full MSRP, I figured they just did not change their price yet, and then I click refresh and they changed their price to $820 . That is so over priced. Why such massive price differences on this?

Edit: Companies that have it in the $600's have them in stock now.

Edit: All of the prices I have seen now have been raised into the $800's
View Quote

Yeah I'm not getting the price either.  Why can you find an Omega under $900 everywhere but this thing costs almost msrp.  Even when the Omega came out I paid $890 for mine.  I wasn't crying about that.  Its still $200 under msrp.  

41p looming I guess people will pay that?
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm definately out at the above $800 pricing. For $600 I'd consider playing ball, but with dealer pricing at $562 from a major wholesaler, I don't get the above $800 asking price from the go to guys...
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm definately out at the above $800 pricing. For $600 I'd consider playing ball
View Quote

Same here, it would pair nicely with a G19 or G26
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm definately out at the above $800 pricing. For $600 I'd consider playing ball, but with dealer pricing at $562 from a major wholesaler, I don't get the above $800 asking price from the go to guys...
View Quote

Give it a week
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking more like $600 pricing as well. I'd be very interested in one for my Evo but that's a bit steep for what it is. I'll wait and see what it does. As is, it's not the only micro can so hopefully it drops soon.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Give it a week
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give it a week

I fully intend too. I've got plenty of cans to hold me over, plus with the cold weather setting in I'm not shooting as much. Plus as I mentioned before I need another can like I need another hole in my head lol. I can wait until the price is right...
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I paid $629 locally this week - which is the price point I was initially hoping for and expecting. As excited as I am for it, I wouldn't be thrilled at $800+.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I paid $629 locally this week - which is the price point I was initially hoping for and expecting. As excited as I am for it, I wouldn't be thrilled at $800+.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Thats about the same price my local SOT said he could get them in for. Did he say how long the wait might be?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#32]
My dealer told me that SICO may go back to MAP pricing (whatever that means). I paid almost full MSRP for my Hbrid but I was OK with as it was only out a week. I fully intend on waiting for the O9 price to go down and if it doesn't oh well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thats about the same price my local SOT said he could get them in for. Did he say how long the wait might be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I paid $629 (including transfer) locally this week - which is the price point I was initially hoping for and expecting. As excited as I am for it, I wouldn't be thrilled at $800+.

No "wait." Only one of the (four) distributors he orders from had it in stock, which is why I jumped on it right away... Form 3 in progress.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#34]
My local guy wouldn't go lower than $745 and that was without a piston.  Transfers are $75 so I didn't think I would find one in stock elsewhere for $670 or less.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My local guy wouldn't go lower than $745 and that was without a piston.  Transfers are $75 so I didn't think I would find one in stock elsewhere for $670 or less.
View Quote

Do you have sales tax in your state on top of that $745? Sounds like there's a gap in the market for an SOT who wants to do transfers...
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Do you have sales tax in your state on top of that $745? Sounds like there's a gap in the market for an SOT who wants to do transfers...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure do. If someone like Hanson Brothers, Capital Armory or Quiet Riot had it for $630ish I would've jumped and dealt with the form 3 wait. The local guy normally prices his stuff around same prices as the above places then adds $75 ish so no real benefit.

Regardless I am very excited about the 9K.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My dealer told me that SICO may go back to MAP pricing (whatever that means). I paid almost full MSRP for my Hbrid but I was OK with as it was only out a week. I fully intend on waiting for the O9 price to go down and if it doesn't oh well.
View Quote

MAP is price fixing. It makes getting sale prices tougher, but not impossible.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

SilencerCo told me yesterday that none of the 9Ks (or any of its other pistol suppressors) ship with pistons and that it's up to the dealers and distributors to include them. Has that always been the case?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#39]
My dealer ordered me one for $705.
Will be used on a Scorpion at 1st.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My dealer ordered me one for $705.Will be used on a Scorpion at 1st.
View Quote

Now that's more of a fair price.  Give your dealer a pat on the back.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Bump.  Thinking about getting one of these for a pistol application.  

Seems so much quieter than the Tirant 9s.  I suppose if it lasts 10-20k rounds I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#42]
I got mine for 736 which I thought was a fair price. Will be my dedicated pistol/pcc can, and I'll use my Octane more for rimfire now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm considering relacing my Gemtech Multimount with one of these due to the shorter length. Anyone do any of their own testing on this can yet and could give an idea on sound difference? Also, any update on that shorter 3-lug mount being compatible?

I currently use my Multimount on a Sig MPX, full auto M11/9 with Lage slow fire kit, and a few pistols. I'm interested in using the Omega 9k on at least the MPX and pistols. I almost never use my Multimount on my pistols due to the ridiculous length.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Mine came in today at my dealer. This thing is TINY!
For some reason the pic's on SiCo's page made it seem much bigger. I was expecting it to be almost double the size that it actually is.

Gonna be a long wait
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Seems so much quieter than the Tirant 9s.  I suppose if it lasts 10-20k rounds I'll be happy.
View Quote

Sorry if this is a dumb question: But are silencers in general only supposed to last 20K rounds? Or is it this on in particular that you expect to not last?

At the moment, the 9K is on my To Do list.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question: But are silencers in general only supposed to last 20K rounds? Or is it this on in particular that you expect to not last?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the 10-20k round life limit was meant more towards the fact the can is not user serviceable, not that the can will fail after that point or become dangerous.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#48]
^ I knew it!  They totally could have added a removable front end cap, like other pistol cans.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#49]
If you make the end cap removable, all you'll be doing it looking at the front of the last baffle.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#50]
To then clean it, I was thinking.  Also to then use a possible flash hider end cap (like the Saker) when shooting rifle ammo like 300 blackout.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top