Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that 124 a dry db rating? That is huge! What about wet rating? Just bought a 9s that is on a form 3 I may not keep it and just sell it and buy this....
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:38:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it adds 1.5, that would make it identical to the length of the 3 lug configured Optimus can which also metered ~125 with 147 subsonic on an MP5 and is user servicable and full 17-4 in that configuration.  

The SICO product would be lighter for about 10,000 rounds until it picked up enough lead to be identical in weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.  The 3-lug mount looks like it adds 1.5", so it's not really that short as a 3-lug can.

If it adds 1.5, that would make it identical to the length of the 3 lug configured Optimus can which also metered ~125 with 147 subsonic on an MP5 and is user servicable and full 17-4 in that configuration.  

The SICO product would be lighter for about 10,000 rounds until it picked up enough lead to be identical in weight.
So they're different...
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:07:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's a fully welded tubeless design so it will be GTG on super BLK.
View Quote

This was my thought, it's built like sigs rifle cans so I can't imagine why it couldn't do supers.  It's now on my short list.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Fortunately yes.  It would be hard to sell a sealed pistol can on the current market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So they're different...

Fortunately yes.  It would be hard to sell a sealed pistol can on the current market.
If I was in the market for a do all can, I'd be all over your new one. I am, however, in want of a super short 9mm can (already have a couple serviceable pistol cans) and I don't care if it's sealed. I won't be using it on anything other compact pistols, so the trilug length is irrelevant to me.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#6]
User serviceable pistol cans are highly overrated unless youre shooting cast. Especially with this thing being rifle rated I dont see it being a problem.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#7]
For size comparisons...

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#8]

So if you drop a GA 3-lug adapter in there, then it becomes about as short as a TiRant9s?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So if you drop a GA 3-lug adapter in there, then it becomes about as short as a TiRant9s?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah... I was just thinking about that....

Link:
http://www.griffinarmament.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=REVQDK

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Assuming the GA 3-lug works. I'm betting it will, but there's no way to be sure yet.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Assuming the GA 3-lug works. I'm betting it will, but there's no way to be sure yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any "cheap" sources for a GA 3 lug?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you look at the picture from Izhevsk54r's post, you can see it's attached to a G26:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it probably uses Octane pistons, so there should be enough depth to accept a GA 3-lug mount.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't remember that you can use one mount from one company on the other company's can, but not the other way around...
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Can't remember that you can use one mount from one company on the other company's can, but not the other way around...
View Quote

You can use Silencerco's Octane/Osprey pistons in GA's Revolution. The opposite does not work.

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:57:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you look at the picture from Izhevsk54r's post, you can see it's attached to a G26:

https://i.imgur.com/DRvc3YCl.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it probably uses Octane pistons, so there should be enough depth to accept a GA 3-lug mount.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome, I can see a need for one of these.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 3:31:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. I just found some of the language strange that there "would be pistons available" or whatever it was they said. It makes me wonder if there won't be 100% compatibility across the board, but it wouldn't make sense.

Not a big fan of a sealed pistol can, but a shorter, larger diameter 9mm can sounds awesome for subgun stuff.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Any idea if the end cap can be removed/replaced in case of strike?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#18]
When is the expected general release?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shipping to dealers right after shot show is what I was told by SiCo this past week.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#20]
What are wet figures?

Thinking of just keeping the Tirant 9s on form 3 and getting both. Love these numbers.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Shipping to dealers right after shot show is what I was told by SiCo this past week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Darn was hoping to get one of these before the possible 41P implementation :(
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that mean they will be ready to be Form 3'd shortly after shot show or does that mean the dealers still are waiting to have them transferred?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nice looking setup for my XDm 9mm 3.8 Compact in 2016!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That will be a nice looking setup for my XDm 9mm 3.8 compact in 2016.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want one for my full size mp5 clone
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Any guess how much length the ASR mount will add to that 4.7" length?
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Zero....looks like it will only take Octane mounts.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which makes it retarded to name this the Omega 9K. Imagine how many people are going to be confused about this.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah....when I saw Omega, I thought its compatible with the Omega mounts..but thats not the case.

So...anyone concerned about filling up the can?  Seems like this was built primarily as a rifle can...which are mostly sealed...rather than a user serviceable pistol can.  However, the size and compatibility with Octane/Osprey Piston/Mounts is pretty compelling.

I dont have a good photo editing program..but I wanted to see what the GA 3-Lug mount looked like on the Omega 9k....size is also very very compelling....hmmmm.....

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:43:46 AM EDT
[#29]
How is it that much quiter than the 9s? My plan is use as a thread on pistol can for full size semi auto.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Volume?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Really seems like a nominal amount of volume for almost 20db dry difference. Is the baffle design that much better/more effective?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Really seems like a nominal amount of volume for almost 20db dry difference. Is the baffle design that much better/more effective?
View Quote

Marketing 101, I take manufacturers db reduction numbers with a grain of salt. Wait for the independent testing for a better idea.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#33]
It does look like capital armory changed the db rating from 124 to 131 which seems a little bit more realistic.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Per SilencerCo:

124.9 dB on the Dakota Tactical MP5 clone.  
131.5 dB on a CZ Scorpion  9mm (147gr. AE)
133.7 dB on a Noveske 16" .300 BLK (SUBSONIC, 220gr. SCO)
138.4 dB on a Noveske 16" .300 BLK (SUPERSONIC, 110gr. VMAX)
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I see a big difference in the above pic. Look at the 2 cans in the middle. The 3 lug is taking up the rear quarter of that 9s and the 9k is larger diameter too. Looks like a large volume difference to me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Any news on this after the New Year?  I still don't see it on the Silencerco web site.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Any news on this after the New Year?  I still don't see it on the Silencerco web site.
View Quote

Likely won't see much else until Shot Show
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

What do you want to know?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Per SilencerCo:

124.9 dB on the Dakota Tactical MP5 clone.  
131.5 dB on a CZ Scorpion  9mm (147gr. AE)
133.7 dB on a Noveske 16" .300 BLK (SUBSONIC, 220gr. SCO)
138.4 dB on a Noveske 16" .300 BLK (SUPERSONIC, 110gr. VMAX)
View Quote

Would a full size 9mm like a g17 be higher or lower ?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the guys I needed to hear from.  Just wondering if there are any updates on the omega9ks release date and if they have mentioned exoa ding this line to 40 & 45.  Any ideas when you guys will have one in?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Just the guys I needed to hear from.  Just wondering if there are any updates on the omega9ks release date and if they have mentioned exoa ding this line to 40 & 45.  Any ideas when you guys will have one in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No official ship date yet and no mention of a 40 or 45 version.  I imagine they'll start shipping in the next couple of weeks to distributors, in dealers hands February or March, Capitol Armory may have them a little sooner.  Just a guess on my part though.  

What I do know, it comes with a 5/8x24 direct thread mount, no piston.  Uses Osprey/Octane accessories.  Full auto rated > 8" barrel for 300BLK supersonic.  4.7" long, 1.475" diameter and 8.8 oz with direct thread.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No official ship date yet and no mention of a 40 or 45 version.  I imagine they'll start shipping in the next couple of weeks to distributors, in dealers hands February or March, Capitol Armory may have them a little sooner.  Just a guess on my part though.  

What I do know, it comes with a 5/8x24 direct thread mount, no piston.  Uses Osprey/Octane accessories.  Full auto rated > 8" barrel for 300BLK supersonic.  4.7" long, 1.475" diameter and 8.8 oz with direct thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

replaceable end cap in case of strike or fully welded?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fully welded.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fully welded.

http://hansohnbrothers.com/image/cache/data/Silencers/SilencerCo/omega9k_2-1000x1000.jpg

Thank you. Also, any idea why 5/8x24 for the DT mount? Surprised it isn't 1/2x28 or 1/2x36.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thank you. Also, any idea why 5/8x24 for the DT mount? Surprised it isn't 1/2x28 or 1/2x36.
View Quote

I suspect there are more 300 BLK SBRs than sub-guns or 9mm SBRs in use.  Based on my own sales, I move a lot more 5/8x24 DT than 1/2x36 DT mounts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I suspect there are more 300 BLK SBRs than sub-guns or 9mm SBRs in use.  Based on my own sales, I move a lot more 5/8x24 DT than 1/2x36 DT mounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That surprised me given the rise in the mpx, cz Evo and mp5 clone variants. Thanks for the insight. I'm interested in the 9k for a reverse stretch mp5 to use the spare 3lug mount I have. I hope these retail similar to the new 45/9 modular offerings from other companies ($655 and under)
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#47]
I'll have hi-res pics on my FB ad IG accounts VERY soon as well as a full review...I'm not at liberty to say a date at the moment but when I say soon just know......soon lol. Keep an eye out fellas!
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I hope these retail similar to the new 45/9 modular offerings from other companies ($655 and under)
View Quote

Around $635 with mount I think.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I hope these retail similar to the new 45/9 modular offerings from other companies ($655 and under)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I guess I'm indifferent. You want it priced around modular cans but the Omega 9 has zero features compared to modular cans?

Quoted:

For a couple more dollars I can have a GA Revolution 9 that can be around the size of Omega 9 and be taken apart?  Huh I guess I'm praying devils advocate here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I guess I'm indifferent. You want it priced around modular cans but the Omega 9 has zero features compared to modular cans?

For a couple more dollars I can have a GA Revolution 9 that can be around the size of Omega 9 and be taken apart?  Huh I guess I'm praying devils advocate here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be awesome if it was $400 or less but I dont expect that especially for a new product from a large company in this industry. Its a niche can in my opinion but not everyone wants a modular can.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top