Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2015 5:42:24 AM EDT
I am looking for a 30 cal can for my Savage Model 10 for now and someday possibly a 300 Blackout AR. I have a 22 can and 5.56 can, but haven't really paid much attention to what the best options are for .30 cal cans right now.

What would you guys recommend for both options. I am looking for something quality and am willing to pay for it, but I would like a good value, too.

A dealer I go to a lot carries Sig cans, but I don't know much about them.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]
For QD, there are several quality options.

AAC 762SD, SDN-6 and SR7
Dead Air Sandman-S and Sandman-L
Gemtech Quicksand
Griffin 30SD
Rugged Surge
SilencerCo Omega, Saker and SpecWar

Are you looking for maximum suppression, shorter length or lightweight?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I would add YHM to the list.  They don't get a lot of of attention around here, but they are great cans.  Personally, I like that the mounting system is on the mount instead of on the can like the SDN-6.  If it breaks, I just buy a new mount instead of having to ship the can back to be fixed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I absolutely love my SDN-6 and would recommend it to anyone.  Lately they can be had for smoking good prices too.  Tough can, sounds great, and the only POI shift I have seen is vertical.  That being said, if I was buying today and wanted the best value I would buy a Specwar 762 for ~$550 and call it good.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would add YHM to the list.  They don't get a lot of of attention around here, but they are great cans.  Personally, I like that the mounting system is on the mount instead of on the can like the SDN-6.  If it breaks, I just buy a new mount instead of having to ship the can back to be fixed.
View Quote

+1. I love my YHM 5.56 can. That being said, I did go with a SpecWar 7.62 because of its fantastic performance with 300BLK. Through the end of the month it's $595 at Capitol Armory too
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Which 556 can do you have now?  Are you looking to save weight too.  Alot if 30cal cans are heavy.  I hate heavy cans as I carry my rifles alot.  The Omega is great all around can.

Also the Gemtech one and SIG SAUER SRD762TI QD would follow behind in the weight savings. Don't forget the Dead Air sandman S.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+1. I love my YHM 5.56 can. That being said, I did go with a SpecWar 7.62 because of its fantastic performance with 300BLK. Through the end of the month it's $595 at Capitol Armory too
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Specwar certainly isn't the shortest or lightest can out there, but it is still one of the toughest and quietest on the market.

FTR- You can get another $50 off the Specwar from Capitol if you have a code, so you can pick them up for ~$550.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love my YHM Ti QD 30cal can, I use it on 5.56, 300blk, .308 and 6.8.  Super light and quiet.
The steel / SS phantoms are a bit chunky, but no more than other steel cans.
If you have the cash and aren't shooting a ton of full-auto, go titanium.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like my 762SD and SDN6.  I know some have had problems with the 51t mounts, but I have never had an issue.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I currently have the YHM Phantom in 5.56. I like it; it's just heavy. I guess I'm more concerned with weight than sound suppression.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I currently have the YHM Phantom in 5.56. I like it; it's just heavy. I guess I'm more concerned with weight than sound suppression.
View Quote
How deep are your pockets?  I have the Ti .308/300WM can.  I love it.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not super deep. I really don't want to spend over $800-$1000 including the stamp.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not super deep. I really don't want to spend over $800-$1000 including the stamp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you want a 30cal, QD, lightweight can for under $800 bucks? That narrows the field a bit.

I got my YHM Ti for around $800 because it was one of my dealer's samples that had been handled but never been shot.

Check out SilencerShop for sales, the YHM ULT is ~$870 right now, 13oz, 7.6" long, Titianium
The Silencerco Omega is around the same price.

There are also a few cans from Griffin in there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a mpa 308 serviceable can and reaaaaaLlly like it. 650 with a stamp

Eta its direct thread tho
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am very happy with my YHM.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Sig SRD762 Ti QD 800.00 plus stamp great on 300 blk and below 140db on 308. Probably what be Im buying in September or a Griffin Armament Recce7 or 30SD
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SilencerCo Omega or SpecWar.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess I forgot to add that accuracy is very important since it will primarily be on my precision bolt gun.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Happy with my YHM cans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top