Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 8:41:14 PM EDT
I'm currently buying parts for a 12.5" 308, and I'm looking at the SLR Solo Mid series rail (ID of 1.5").  I plan to use a Saker 762 with the rifle, and I'm trying to figure out if the Saker has an exact OD of 1.5", or if it will fit under the rail.  I'm not looking to have the suppressor completely covered, just the first 1/3 of an inch (basically, the suppressor would sit right inside the rail).  I read somewhere that silencerco said if you have an ID of exactly 1.5" the Saker would fit, but I though I would ask everyone here if they have any firsthand experience with it since I only saw that one mention of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm currently buying parts for a 12.5" 308, and I'm looking at the SLR Solo Mid series rail (ID of 1.5").  I plan to use a Saker 762 with the rifle, and I'm trying to figure out if the Saker has an exact OD of 1.5", or if it will fit under the rail.  I'm not looking to have the suppressor completely covered, just the first 1/3 of an inch (basically, the suppressor would sit right inside the rail).  I read somewhere that silencerco said if you have an ID of exactly 1.5" the Saker would fit, but I though I would ask everyone here if they have any firsthand experience with it since I only saw that one mention of it.
View Quote

Just call each and get exact dimensions.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't do it. My YHM is 1.5'' diameter and inside the 1.56'' Samson/Rainier handguards it would contact the rail when firing. It was only about an inch inside the handguard.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#3]
You don't want them within a few thousandths of each other, even if they fit together. Remember, the silencer will expand when it's hot, and if it touches your rail at all it can open up your groups. I wouldn't do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top