Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 57
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Got the trust set up and bought 7 cans, all on Form 3 right now. Why?.........because screw waiting 6-8 months to get another.

- AEM5
- Specwar 7.62
- Surge 7.62
- Sandman - L
- SiCo Sparrow
- Mystic X
- Osprey 45

Got them from various palces Capital Armory, Hansohn Bros, Silencer Shop
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shark101au:
Got the trust set up and bought 7 cans, all on Form 3 right now. Why?.........because screw waiting 6-8 months to get another.

- AEM5
- Specwar 7.62
- Surge 7.62
- Sandman - L
- SiCo Sparrow
- Mystic X
- Osprey 45

View Quote

Damn!  Well played sir!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:05:23 AM EDT
[#3]

- AEM5
- Specwar 7.62
- Surge 7.62
- Sandman - L
- SiCo Sparrow
- Mystic X
- Osprey 45

View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I finally broke down and picked up a "K" 45 pistol can.  Went with an Octane K from Capitol.  By the time it gets here it should have an HK45CT to go on.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#5]

- AEM5

- Specwar 7.62

- Surge 7.62

- Sandman - L

- SiCo Sparrow

- Mystic X

- Osprey 45

View Quote
I'm quite curious to see how varied the pending and approval dates on these are.

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I just bought a freakin M11/9 on Monday. Now begins another 4 month wait

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a PTR-32 PDW to SBR. Unfortunately, having out-of-state SOT do it, since WA SBR laws are still fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By telsonman:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/telsonman/20150808_163051_zpsafgbpiph.jpg
View Quote
I used to see them for sale all the time. Now I've been trying to find one for a while, and can't. What's the price range like now a days?

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:16:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartikis] [#9]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Ugly and expensive, but congrats!

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bushylover:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think actually looks better on the very short SBRs than does traditional 1.5" dia longer suppressor, on the flip side it looks stupid when you put it on a 16" barrel.

I'm anxious to see how it will perform as far as db reduction, will it compare to a full size suppressor like they claim or will it sound more like a mini. I kind of went out on a limb and am trusting the word of what appears to be a small and little known manufacturer at this point. If it lives up to their claims they likely have the shortest and lightest 5.56 suppressor on the market.

Expensive? I suppose compared to the cost of a entry level AR, but compared to say M16 RR its insignificant.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By Spartikis:
I think actually looks better on the very short SBRs than does traditional 1.5" dia longer suppressor, on the flip side it looks stupid when you put it on a 16" barrel.

I'm anxious to see how it will perform as far as db reduction, will it compare to a full size suppressor like they claim or will it sound more like a mini. I kind of went out on a limb and am trusting the word of what appears to be a small and little known manufacturer at this point. If it lives up to their claims they likely have the shortest and lightest 5.56 suppressor on the market.

Expensive? I suppose compared to the cost of a entry level AR, but compared to say M16 RR its insignificant.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spartikis:

Yeah I'm not sure if fatter and shorter equals thinner and longer (That's what she said), but it sounds right.

As far as price, I meant compared to other cans. Most other cans cost about what an entry level rifle costs.

Good luck and let us know how it does!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#13]
From SS:

- Octane 45FDE RECEIVED
- Spectre II RECEIVED
- Axiom (just mailed back my 4473)
- Octane 9 PENDING
- Revolution 9 PENDING
- Spewar 7.62 PENDING
- Checkmate II QD PENDING

From CA:

- Sparrow PENDING

Debating the next one!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By telsonman:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/telsonman/20150808_163051_zpsafgbpiph.jpg
View Quote

Congratulations, I too am curious what the going rate is for them.  I've had mine since 2007 and it has been just a stupid amount of fun.  You should really buy a ton of 9mm and 22 LR along with a Lage Max11 Mk2 and Lake 22 kit.  I had my Lage 22 kit threaded by TROS USA, it sounds like an automatic staple gun w/ the can on it
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Just bought my first can today. I was torn between the Saker 762 and the SDN-6. I ended up with th AAC because it was under $950 out the door with stamp. I'll end up with more soon just like you guys. Probably get a .22 can and maybe an AEM5 in a couple weeks. Anyone recommend a good .22 that will shoot mags also?
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#17]

- AEM5
- Specwar 7.62
- Surge 7.62
- Sandman - L
- SiCo Sparrow
- Mystic X
- Osprey 45

View Quote

Damn, son.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Whhood:
Just bought my first can today. I was torn between the Saker 762 and the SDN-6. I ended up with th AAC because it was under $950 out the door with stamp. I'll end up with more soon just like you guys. Probably get a .22 can and maybe an AEM5 in a couple weeks. Anyone recommend a good .22 that will shoot mags also?
View Quote

Spectre II.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jefflebowski:

Spectre II.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Whhood:

Spectre II.

Thanks. That's the one I have been looking at.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Damn, son.
View All Quotes

- AEM5
- Specwar 7.62
- Surge 7.62
- Sandman - L
- SiCo Sparrow
- Mystic X
- Osprey 45

Damn, son.

Yeah not looking forward to the $1400 in tax stamps, but the way things are going these days I figured apart from the wait time, I don't want to get caught with any future restrictions.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Yeah not looking forward to the $1400 in tax stamps, but the way things are going these days I figured apart from the wait time, I don't want to get caught with any future restrictions.
View All Quotes

- AEM5
- Specwar 7.62
- Surge 7.62
- Sandman - L
- SiCo Sparrow
- Mystic X
- Osprey 45

Damn, son.

Future restrictions? I was not aware of any.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:08:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I am new to the NFA club and am proud to say that I am waiting on my first 3 cans:

Omega
Specwar 762
Spectre II

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Just bought a silencerco compensator in anticipation of getting my specwar k in a few months. Tried it out at a 3-gun match yesterday, works pretty good and it didn't seem horribly concussive.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Ordered a Sandman L today from Silencer Shop Preferred.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I just signed the form 4 for my OSS 762 can on Saturday. I am having a lot of trouble holding out on the Sig MPX.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#26]

- AEM5
- Specwar 7.62
- Surge 7.62
- Sandman - L
- SiCo Sparrow
- Mystic X
- Osprey 45

View Quote

Now that's a bucket list! I'll admit to being slightly envious. I was looking at getting the Gemtech ONE. To cover a couple lonely hosts. However, I spoke to a dealer today and he said they had some manufacturing issues and customers started backing out on orders. He couldn't say what the issues might have been. I didn't bother calling GT directly because I figured they would just put their PR spin on it. Anyone have an idea what the problem is.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Holes:

Now that's a bucket list! I'll admit to being slightly envious. I was looking at getting the Gemtech ONE. To cover a couple lonely hosts. However, I spoke to a dealer today and he said they had some manufacturing issues and customers started backing out on orders. He couldn't say what the issues might have been. I didn't bother calling GT directly because I figured they would just put their PR spin on it. Anyone have an idea what the problem is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Holes:

- AEM5
- Specwar 7.62
- Surge 7.62
- Sandman - L
- SiCo Sparrow
- Mystic X
- Osprey 45

Wish I could drop $$ like that!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Just ordered from Silencer Shop:

- Silencerco Octane 45K
- AAC TiRant 9
- Silencerco Specwar 556
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Form 4 started for TBAC Ultra 9 two weeks ago at Capitol Armory.

Form 3s started for SAS Eadrom and Barricade last week.

These are going on bolt actions except for the Eadrom is for my Scar and Noveske 556

Think I'm done for a while unless I need a 338.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Allen Engineering AEM5-30 cal from adco
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 1:28:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#31]
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Ordered a SiCo Omega through SilencerShop today...NFALaywers trust + Buy It Local make the process painless.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I wasn't really interested in the Salvo, but got to handle a shotgun with one on it and it didn't feel odd to me at all.  So, when I saw the CherokeeGun deal on GB, I jumped on it.  I've never purchased a can from out of state, so Form 3 will be new to me.  SakerK, Omega, Rev9, Warlock, Mist, and Osprey45 are next
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#34]
I only bought some Rocksett today.

I need more money for more cans...

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Just got a Gemtech Multimount $375 at THSF.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By snakeman48:
Just picked up my Osprey 9mm to complete the family.

I just sent in my paper form4 for a Gemtech Mist. Don't have a host decided as of yet, but I have plenty of time to decide.

Just sent in a paper form1 to SBR my LaRue stripped lower, and have a 12" piston LMT MRP CQB upper in my buddy's safe.
Before it went into his safe, I installed a BE Meyers 249 Saker flash hider, and I don't even have a Saker yet.
Waiting on my SOT to get one in so I can start the Form4.

Plus I have coming a Sightron SII Big Sky 4-16x42 scope, a Boyd's Pro Varmint stock, and in hand a Specter II can, and a Kidd single stage trigger for a rifle that Bud's going to ship next week after my funds clear.

Magnum Research MLR22ATUT with the factory threaded barrel.  Brand new version with the threaded barrel.

God, It's nice to be single again.....

View Quote

Guess I can quote myself.

Just told my SOT to get a Mask HD for me. You guy's bought them all up.

And I finally decided the the Mist host. PWS finally got some receivers up on their web sight, and one is heading his way.
Will use my Feddersen threaded barrel until the Mist get's out of jail.

I sent the Sightron scope back, and got a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-15x42 coming instead. Was my first choice, but Bushnell raised the price, and now just lowered it calling it a "sale" What ever. It's got side adjusting parallax that I want.

Picked up the Magnum Research yesterday, and discovered the built in rail is not Picatinny width slots. Duh !
So now it goes to my machinist buddy's shop is I can borrow his Bridgeport and make the slots to Picatinny width.
I'm using LaRue mounts and need the full width that of a Picatinny slot.

Saker is put off to next month. Gotta work some more OT to build my funds back up.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Sandman-S
Saker K
Omega

Sandman Ti went pending on 8/4. Can't wait!
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CasperAR:
Sandman-S
Saker K
Omega

Sandman Ti went pending on 8/4. Can't wait!
View Quote

I'm really wanting feedback on a Sandman-Ti...I know it's a L but DT and Ti but feedback is always good. Thinking of using it on a 12.5" Grendel SBR then when I build a 18"-22" Grendel slide it over and get a shorter can for the SBR. It's just so hard to pick lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I have my SOT trying to track me down a Surefire Ryder 9 Ti. Any word on these?
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Got the email late last night - Form 4's are back to my local NFA dealer on my TiRant 45 and Spectre II!  I was rather , my wife was mostly .  I'll be picking them up at some point this coming week.

I plan to post up a side-by-side compare/pic thread between the Spectre II and my Ryder 22A.  Anything in particular anyone would like to see called out between them?
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By FMJunkie:

Got the email late last night - Form 4's are back to my local NFA dealer on my TiRant 45 and Spectre II!  I was rather , my wife was mostly .  I'll be picking them up at some point this coming week.

I plan to post up a side-by-side compare/pic thread between the Spectre II and my Ryder 22A.  Anything in particular anyone would like to see called out between them?
View Quote
Screw the 22's.  What's the TiRant going on?

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

LOL...  I have a Sig TacOps and FNX Tactical as hosts waiting for that.  I like 1911s, but not sure which one is going to end up being my favorite yet.  

I already have Tirant 9 which was jumping between a Scorpion and a Beretta M9A1, but I ALSO JUST PICKED UP a Sig MPX.    Form 1 just submitted but I already see this is going to be wearing that can going forward...  

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#43]

LOL...  I have a Sig TacOps and FNX Tactical as hosts waiting for that.  I like 1911s, but not sure which one is going to end up being my favorite yet.  

I already have Tirant 9 which was jumping between a Scorpion and a Beretta M9A1, but I ALSO JUST PICKED UP a Sig MPX.    Form 1 just submitted but I already see this is going to be wearing that can going forward...  

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=79897

View All Quotes

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=79897

Looks great. Mind if I ask what part of PA you're in?

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I ordered a Gemtech Quicksand last November... that finally came in last month. Hopefully I'll get it by Christmas
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:51:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bushylover] [#45]

Originally Posted By DeLuce:

I ordered a Gemtech Quicksand last November... that finally came in last month. Hopefully I'll get it by Christmas
View Quote
Does ATF hate you or something?  Mine take 4-5 months total.

Is gemtech just not shipping stuff or what?
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Ordered a Walther PPX w/ threaded barrel for $300 and a SilencerCo Octane 45HD.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

They were back ordered, and then said they had a bad shipment of titanium or something.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:10:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cb61] [#48]
Just waiting on stamps for a Saker 762 and 556k that I got from  Atomic Tactical in Bloomington, MN. The 762 was $975 with Trifecta mount and the 556k was $860 with a mount.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

From my search for a MK-9K, it seems Gemtech does everything in "runs" and depending on the model, some only see 1 run a year... I was told by several dealers with a waiting list for MK-9Ks, that it could be up to 1 year... Found a dealer with NOS and bought it for a good price.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cb61:
Just waiting on stamps for a Saker 762 and 556k that I got from  Atomic Tactical in Bloomington, MN. The 762 was $975 with Trifecta mount and the 556k was $860 with a mount.

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/user/burn-zee/media/300blk_zpsqwna5e9l.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/burn-zee/300blk_zpsqwna5e9l.jpg</a>
View Quote

Not a fan of OPSEC, huh?
Page / 57
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top