Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 57
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Just bought my third suppressor. Another Hybrid. That makes two Hybrids for my stable, and a 9mm shorty for the bedside.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar15eric:
Got a Recce 5 today from SS. This is my 3rd can in jail and my last form 4 can for quite a while (IBT41F). Now time to go file some form 1s.
View Quote

SS shows them in stock, but if you add one a big red banner comes up and says not in stock, but the description still says in stock.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:10:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pdxrealtor] [#3]
Delete
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:11:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pdxrealtor] [#4]
Delete
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought my last four tax stamps for recent suppressor purchases.

We get our bonuses this week and I'll be buying two more SBR stamps to complete my pre-41f purchases.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought an AAC Mini-4 to finish my suppressor purchases for good....so I say.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oates] [#7]
Saker 5.56

Omega 9k

SS Sparrow

Octane 45

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By oates:
Saker 5.56Omega 9k
SS Sparrow
Octane 45

View Quote

nice choices
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Just preordered a Ghost from CA. They are due in late June. It's good to be in TX.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#10]
just bought an Obsidian 45 to go along with my Sandman L and Mask
the wait begins
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Mack brothers mb762l
3 Griffin armament recce 5's
Hopefully silencershop will get the mack bros mb556l's in soon
or i could just get a m4-2k but really waiting for a socom rc2
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Just bought an Obsidian 45 from SS to go along with the Griffin Checkmate and Surefire 300sps currently in jail.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm finally getting in the NFA game. The day before yesterday I filled out my trust, had it notarized yesterday, and last night I bought an AAC 7.62-SD, and a YHM Stinger. So now I'm waiting with everyone else. Maybe I'll get lucky and get them in time for Christmas.
My wife is gonna shit when she sees the CC bill
If she freaks out too hard, I'll just point at her new CR-V in the driveway
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Omega9k form 1 about month +
Obsidian and M4sdk from SS today, maybe adding a Sandman S and a dedicated 22 can, hopufully that will be it for now
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Dcarelli:
nice choices
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dcarelli:

Originally Posted By oates:

Saker 5.56Omega 9k

SS Sparrow

Octane 45

nice choices
Thanks. I put a Saker 7.62 on layaway last night. So I think I will be pretty well covered across the board.

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I found a Hybrid and Omega 9k with speq pricing at local dealer today and snatched them up. That's it, no more silencers, I'm done. I think 16 is enough, and I'm not doing anything post 41f.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought a Rugged Obsidian. I didn't think I would, but w/e.... Life happens. As I type this there is 1 more in stock.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By slogan412:
Mack brothers mb762l
3 Griffin armament recce 5's
Hopefully silencershop will get the mack bros mb556l's in soon
or i could just get a m4-2k but really waiting for a socom rc2
View Quote

Snagged a m4sd-ii from silencer shop today
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:04:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: argolfer] [#19]
Just bought a GhostM at an awesome price.  I thought the Obsidian would suffice, but I had really wanted a Ghost to go with my SandmanS and Mask.  I really can't have too many pistol cans, right??  That takes me to an even 20, where I plan on staying.  Unless I pick up another Mask or another Specwar-K.  Of course I've also thought about an Omega 9K and an Osprey9.  

I'm hoping after 41F goes into affect, it's going to save me some money!
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Bought 2 today that my dealer had in stock:

Omega 9k
Hybrid
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Picked up a Griffin Resistance 45 today. Don't even own a 45, and all my subguns are 9mm.

I currently have as far as pistol caliber cans go
Wraith XL 9mm (use on my m11/9 with Lage uppers)
STG 9mm (for my U9 MG)
Burgess can for my SW76
And an Octane 9

Shooting machine guns in 9mm , I got rid of all my other caliber handguns as I buy a lot of 9mm

Figured I'd get a .45 can on my trust for the future, and until I get another 45 pistol it can live on my AR9 or scorpion.

That being said, the omega 9k is interesting and I'm trying to hold off purchasing one
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By argolfer:
Just bought a GhostM at an awesome price.  I thought the Obsidian would suffice, but I had really wanted a Ghost to go with my SandmanS and Mask.  I really can't have too many pistol cans, right??  That takes me to an even 20, where I plan on staying.  Unless I pick up another Mask or another Specwar-K.  Of course I've also thought about an Omega 9K and an Osprey9.  

I'm hoping after 41F goes into affect, it's going to save me some money!
View Quote

Would you mind sharing your awesome price? I am hoping to get one before 41F but still waiting on my dealer to get their orders in. Just curious. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#24]
This thread should be stickied...;-)

Like (hopefully) many, many other Americans, 41F pushed me off the fence on NFA. I see a lot of "what should I do" threads, so maybe this will help/inform others like myself? Anyhow....to the story:

Well, I've been sitting the suppressor world out for a lot of years, mostly because my work has the potential to move me around or out of the country any time. Also, until this whole trust thing went mainstream, I was a bit skeptical about it (even though we let corporations run our politics - heh). The last couple of years I've had my head under a rock where the NFA market is concerned due to life in general staying complicated. However, 41F got my attention. I don't believe in spreading my fingerprints, ID info, and the list of what I own all over hell and gone, and especially not to LE I don't know and any other place open to FOIA requests from communists.

I decided to pull the trigger on a trust and small collection that I figured would do everything I want to do for some time to come. The trust allows people that are in-state and are staying here to serve as backup possession if I have to move out of the country for a while. I kept the budget sane, and also decided to not put all the eggs in one basket. A law office here in Nevada did a great job setting me up with an NFA trust within a week, and I had all of the legal stuff prepped within two weeks of deciding to jump.

Fortunately, Reno recently got a *serious* gun store that stocks NFA items and has an indoor range. Sure, they are full retail, but saving a few bucks is not part of the NFA game, so it didn't matter. Last year they had tons of cans in stock, from what people tell me. When I went down some weeks ago, they were pretty cleaned out with the 41F run and all. I saw Silencer Shop's 41F guarantee right when they announced it, and decided that it wasn't a risk. They were also very thin on inventory at that time, so pickings were slim all around.

I decided to lock up a couple cans through SS and also local to spread the potential paperwork SNAFUs a bit. I have the typical firearms suite like anyone that's been shooting from a young age, from hunting and precision rifles through AR's to .22's and a couple CF handguns. Nothing crazy, but not just one either. I have a small family and they like to shoot too. So, the question was how do I cover the bases and not get put in the doghouse for a few months at the same time? I'm not a believer in CC debt so that came into play as well. I had liquidated a couple of items not long ago, so I had got a small fund together.

Here were my needs, and I wanted the capability to field at least 2 of each at any one time:

1) dedicated precision rifle up to 300WM
2) .22LR
3) 5.56 / AR
4) CF handgun
5) future whatever

I'm not a "weight weenie" or collector, so having 15 cans sounds awesome but is not practical for me. I am into quality, durability, and flexibility. Given what I had to work with locally and at SS, here's what I ended up with:

SiCo Hybrid
Sig 556 direct
SiCo Octane 45
MackBros 7.62
Palmetto Minilith .22 (stainless baffle set)
Gemtech .22 (aluminum baffle set)

The one thing that I wish I had available was a 7.62 can that was titanium and user-serviceable. A light handgun can (Omega9) would also have been nice, but not necessary. I feel like this is a useful, durable, and flexible collection. I'll walk through the reasoning:

1) .22LR - 3 cans available, since the Octane is SS and user-serviceable. Long-term, this is the most important, since in terms of round count it will see the most action. Having a super-lightweight aluminum can available was good, having one with SS baffles was crucial (I own a stainless media tumbler).

2) CF handgun/carbine - 2 cans available, one of which (Octane) will be dirty-ammo friendly. The Hybrid offers pretty high sound performance.

3) 5.56 - 3 cans available: Sig (which is KISS, I love it), Hybrid, and MackBros. Two are easily swapped with AR direct threading.

4) CF rifle - 2 cans available: Hybrid and MackBros. Hybrid will be pretty freakin' light for hunting purposes. MackBros should be nice and repeatable for precision matches.

5) .300blk - OK, so this was in the back of my mind, since I've always been attracted to the 300 Whisper project. 3 cans available (supersonic is 2). Again, Hybrid should be the best here.

6) Anything really strange/large, I can always use the Hybrid.

That about sums it up. No, I couldn't buy any of the really high-speed stuff like TB or Liberty or whatever, but I'm thinking that I will be really happy with this collection (and so will my family). I'm looking forward to giving my kids better hearing than I have....

OK NFA pros, how do you rate that setup? :-D I can say that I know how to put bullets on steel, but I'll admit I got a heck of an education in suppressors over the last month. This forum helped a lot.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

People don't read the stickies.

Thanks for the posting the info. Always interesting to read people's thought process.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Originally Posted By ScottyS:
This thread should be stickied...;-)

People don't read the stickies.

Thanks for the posting the info. Always interesting to read people's thought process.

No problem. I always check stickies/last post, since honestly my forum time is so hit-and-miss.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Just bought aTBAC 22 Takedown from Silencer Shop - $370 plus stamp.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By bluebeemer:

View Quote

Me too!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Bought one of the Sig Factory P220 barrels that Gemtech has on sale.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Omega 30 in FDE for $760 + stamp, dealer store stock.

First rifle suppressor

I'll do a review when I get it in 2018.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 2:37:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
View Quote

I grabbed one of the P229 barrels. That's the best price I've seen on then in at least a year.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Engineer:

Me too!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer:
Originally Posted By bluebeemer:

Me too!

Tempting
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#33]
YHM 7.62 LT

Just faxed the NEW trust.

The wait begins...

First stamp ...eventually
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Just pulled the trigger on Omega and two tax stamps. *for the omega and SBR*

Rip Wallet 2016
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 4:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#35]
Originally Posted By Stephen4036:

Rip Wallet 2016
View Quote

Lol, if that makes your wallet hurt don't step in general class 3 or M16 subforum
ETA: welcome to the club
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 5:38:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#36]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Lol, if that makes your wallet hurt don't step in general class 3 or M16 subforum
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stephen4036:

Rip Wallet 2016

well clearly I gotta go there now..
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Just picked up an Omega and Specwar 762 from my LGS. Sending the paperwork off this week.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:57:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkamek] [#38]
Keystone Armory Situator SS
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Darkamek:
Keystone Armory Situator
View Quote

Nice. Al or SS? My aluminum has been pending since freaking January
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 6:18:10 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Darkamek:
Keystone Armory Situator

SS
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By Quintin:

Bought an Omega from QRF this morning.

Up to five in jail now:

Sparrow

Element 2

Sandman-S

Obsidian

Omega

Looking to add a 9mm can at the end of the month. Probably an Omega 9k.

View Quote

You're on fire! That's a nice collection going on that should cover all your bases.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#44]
So there I was, minding my own business, when I get an email back-in-stock notice from SS for the Surefire 300SPS.

Just one more. One more won't hurt. I can quit whenever I want ...
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Just ordered a AAC 7.62-SD from Silencer shop. Might get it sometime in 2017....Maybe.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Went back to SS and ordered a Griffin Checkmate QD.  Two in one day is enough I think.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

These still on sale?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By StylesBitchley:

These still on sale?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StylesBitchley:

These still on sale?

Yep, here is the link!
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Just got a call from my SOT that they got a few Ghost 45M s in stock. Going to pick one up now. That's gonna be it for me. Already have a Sandman S in jail.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Just snagged one of the Ghost-M's from Capitol.  I think other than maybe another efile SBR I'm done for 41f.
Page / 57
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top